1/3 mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Great post. So here we have the YV Football League fully aware that a player was knocked out and chose to ignore it just as I said.

The victim didnt see what happened and gave evidence to back that up. Those that saw it swear it was accidental. But hey not that you have an agenda.
They didn't choose to ignore it. They cannot make any investigation unless they have a request from the clubs!!! They can't just make one up for the sake of it, FFS.
The League was aware of the incident, but were powerless to act because there was no report. It required Monbulk, Upwey (unlikely!) - or an outraged member of the public (through a club) - to bring an action. They/you chose not to and the Clubs wanted it handled between themselves. Fair enough.
This is accepted practice and has been done a number of times before! Do you get that??!

Simple stuff, really!
The issue is resolved - just not to your satisfaction because no-one from Upwey died.

The much more would be who not what at a guess.

Finger - an absolutely disgraceful assertion, that the son of the CEO was the victim has nothing to do with it, except in the sewer that is your mind.

I think there is plenty of reason for Stephen Walter to take legal action against you, you cannot simply post such scurrilous comments on social media, hiding behind your "anonymous" name. Must be some way of getting you banned

They didn't choose to ignore it. They cannot make any investigation unless they have a request from the clubs!!! They can't just make one up for the sake of it, FFS.
The League was aware of the incident, but were powerless to act because there was no report. It required Monbulk, Upwey (unlikely!) - or an outraged member of the public (through a club) - to bring an action. They/you chose not to and the Clubs wanted it handled between themselves. Fair enough.
Simple stuff, really!
The issue is resolved - just not to your satisfaction because no-one from Upwey died.

The issue was allowed to disapear because the league wanted it to dont try and paint it any other way. I ask you again are all clubs afforded the option of sorting it out between clubs?

Finger - an absolutely disgraceful assertion, that the son of the CEO was the victim has nothing to do with it, except in the sewer that is your mind.

I think there is plenty of reason for Stephen Walter to take legal action against you, you cannot simply post such scurrilous comments on social media, hiding behind your "anonymous" name. Must be some way of getting you banned

Didnt think anything like that at all. It was in referance to the cub that Walker plays at nothing more.

The issue was allowed to disapear because the league wanted it to dont try and paint it any other way. I ask you again are all clubs afforded the option of sorting it out between clubs?
Wilful ignorance.
This is accepted practice and has been done a number of times before! Do you get that??!
If there is no report of an incident the clubs have choices: investigation, ignoring it, or sorting out together.
Peddle your bile elsewhere.
You are disgrace to your club and local football.

Wilful ignorance.

If there is no report of an incident the clubs have choices: investigation, ignoring it, or sorting out together.
Peddle your bile elsewhere.
You are disgrace to your club and local football.

Ever the drama queen. Pretty simple question really why wasnt it follwed through?

Ever the drama queen. Pretty simple question really why wasnt it follwed through?

He has answered that, twice. Once in bold. The only way an incident can make it to the tribunal is via umpires report, or by a club requesting an investigation. Incidents can be sorted out between clubs internally as long as the league are aware of this. Ask your committee or one of your 5000 links, they will verify this. As Monnie has. Twice. Once in bold.

Your other dumb question of "will all other clubs be afforded this?". Yes. Mine has.

Been an observer on this forum for quite some time now, and one thing I have gathered from reading half the posts that are put up is that finger is 'never' wrong, even if the proof is being told to him by 10 other users... There is no point arguing with 'it' cause it just creates a s**t fight that no one wants to read about on a thread that is meant to be about football!!! Not how much finger knows....

Lets start talking footy, one round to go and another amazing year in the valley that sees all 5 games In div 1 being played having a lot at stake.!!!

My tips are:
Warby v belgrave - belgrave
Olinda v gembrook - olinda
Upwey v mt. Evelyn - upwey
Woori v wandin - wandin
Monbulk v emerald - emerald

Makes for an interesting finals series with 3 teams playing for 5th spot, belgrave could grab the double chance and jump into 3rd on the ladder which would b a massive achievement coming up from div 2!!

The brookers would want 2 send the big fella off with a win on the weekend which would be a perfect way to end a great career at the brookers, a true champion 'clarkey'

Also wouldn't mind opinions on who you think will win there clubs best and fairest, and a few contenders for the:

Coach of the year
Club of the year
Premiership winning side
League BnF

Good luck tomorrow Clarky!! Fantastic career mate, the ultimate heart & soul footballer, who just happened to be a absolute gun ruckman as well! You deserve a huge send off mate!!
Cheers,

More wilful ignorance.
I have explained that in emphatic terms a number of times. If you choose to ignore it, then the problem is with you.
I have no intention with wasting time with a manic, paranoid half-wit.
Take a chill pill, have a good lie down and maybe you can return to the real world rather than the fantasy you seem to live in.
<disengage>

in the warby incident.

a. none of your were in the tribuneral so dont speculate on what was said.
b. none of you have seen the hd footage.
c. none of you heard with your own hear what was said there.
d. no one should ever doubt the integrity of the league. the ceo on 99% of cases isnt even in the hearing.
e. if there is an investigation of ANY incident, any person has the right to make a submission. ``` an investigation can only be launched by a club. the league can not do this unless a league official makes the report. ```
f. finally if any club or official wants this changed they can do so and have video reviews of ALL games done. Lets do that, valleyvision wont be online on sundays as it is now, DVD`s wont be sent on a monday as they are now. if you want this changed please advise your club president to raise it at the AGM.
I am sure the rest of the viewing public will love you for it.

V V

Felt compelled to log on and post after reading some of the post's on here in regard to Mick Walker. First of all I will say that the incident involving Blake was an unfortunate accident between two player's going the ball. As the Warby backline coach at the time I was actually suprised that Mick was the first one up out of the two as he seemed to take the hardest hit of the two. But in retrospect what I was I thinking Mick's as tuff as a old gumboot. Also for the whole of the quarter Mick thought that he was picked off and it wasn't until the quarter time break that we explained that it was a accident and both where blind sided.

To say Mick's disappointed with the outcome is a understatement as he pride's himself on his high standard of sportsmanship and long serving clean record. In saying that he is still more upset that a player was hurt and will miss game's themselve's. Anyone who think's that there was any malice or ill intent from either player is just taking a ill informed punt due to the outcome of the action and the tribunal. It's the nature of the beast I guess that when one of our own or mate's get's hurt that people want justice no matter what actually occured on the ground. We all have the supporter's that believe every player on the oppisition is out to cause harm no matter how many time's there told what actually happened.

As a mate of Mick's I'm disappointed for him as he truely is one of the good guy's of the Yarra Valley. More so that the tribunal could find him guilty when no one there actually saw what happened but I guess that's how it goes. Also it's quite comical reading poster's that weren't there questioning other's that also weren't there. Also vv people on here can question what they like it's not Afganistan and if people want to question the working's of the League or tribunal they can.

Really, at the end of the day there are two victim's here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Felt compelled to log on and post after reading some of the post's on here in regard to Mick Walker. First of all I will say that the incident involving Blake was an unfortunate accident between two player's going the ball. As the Warby back line coach at the time I was actually surprised that Mick was the first one up out of the two as he seemed to take the hardest hit of the two. But in retrospect what I was I thinking Mick's as tuff as a old gumboot. Also for the whole of the quarter Mick thought that he was picked off and it wasn't until the quarter time break that we explained that it was a accident and both where blind sided.

To say Mick's disappointed with the outcome is a understatement as he pride's himself on his high standard of sportsmanship and long serving clean record. In saying that he is still more upset that a player was hurt and will miss game's themselves. Anyone who think's that there was any malice or ill intent from either player is just taking a ill informed punt due to the outcome of the action and the tribunal. It's the nature of the beast I guess that when one of our own or mate's get's hurt that people want justice no matter what actually occurred on the ground. We all have the supporter's that believe every player on the opposition is out to cause harm no matter how many time's there told what actually happened.

As a mate of Mick's I'm disappointed for him as he truly is one of the good guy's of the Yarra Valley. More so that the tribunal could find him guilty when no one there actually saw what happened but I guess that's how it goes. Also it's quite comical reading poster's that weren't there questioning other's that also weren't there. Also vv people on here can question what they like it's not Afghanistan and if people want to question the working's of the League or tribunal they can.

Really, at the end of the day there are two victim's here.

Adam i think you have summed it up perfectly. Hopefully everyone can move on now and concentrate on the football.

The latest tribunal saga makes interesting reading and for my mind raises few questions not only about the tribunal in the Yarra Valley but other local tribunal systems as well.
While I have not seen any of the incidents that have been discussed here the sheer volume of dialogue suggests that an issue with the tribunal and the processes that take place when a report is not made may need assessment.

While Finger continues to argue bias in the system and continually points to a particular incident to support his claim the issues he raises while clouded in his own agenda are real and do exist.

While time, money and lack of volunteers are the root causes of the inconsistencies we all speak about it seems the sheer lack of common sense surrounding these matters is the main cause of frustration with supporters of the YV.

Again I am not suggesting that in any of these cases the wrong conclusion has been arrived at however the lack of options available to clubs and players that feel hard done by is limited and expensive.
I point to the Jarrod Bayliss incident that cost Wandin a fair chunk of coin to get a result that both Emerald, Wandin and AFL Victoria thought fair and reasonable however YVMDFL league disagreed.

The key issue for my mind is that Justice is too closely tied to money and in local footy money is the biggest weapon clubs have in any area of Football and Football administration.
Until this changes fundamentally, inconsistencies will continue to plague any tribunal system and while an AFL competition turning over billions of dollars a year cannot get it right what chance do local leagues have of implementing a justice system that appeases the masses?

In the meantime lets enjoy a finals series that will prove entertaining and bask in all the good things that September action brings. While the politics of football makes for interesting reading the sport itself is what we love. All else is secondary..

Flingers Forum.
he carrys more baggage than Qantas.

finals coming.
upemselves were on fire against the pretenders. killed outa the center. hedge and midfield to good for mounters. gotta be favs.
hellgrave cooked the woodsmen so no laughing kookaburras this year. silent sigh for flinger.
wtf? boganvile bombers and moanbulk fighting for finals spot last round? who does the draw? moaners run came to an end and bogans will be blowing - till next week.
ofcfcfcfc off course to give some joy to broken brookers. clarky deserved a good one.
case of no worrys for wanderin? tiggers didn't turn up. worrys wanking if they reckon they can win it.

upemselves and wanderin for gf.
might stay home.
or follow croquet.

The latest tribunal saga makes interesting reading and for my mind raises few questions not only about the tribunal in the Yarra Valley but other local tribunal systems as well.
While I have not seen any of the incidents that have been discussed here the sheer volume of dialogue suggests that an issue with the tribunal and the processes that take place when a report is not made may need assessment.

While Finger continues to argue bias in the system and continually points to a particular incident to support his claim the issues he raises while clouded in his own agenda are real and do exist.

While time, money and lack of volunteers are the root causes of the inconsistencies we all speak about it seems the sheer lack of common sense surrounding these matters is the main cause of frustration with supporters of the YV.

Again I am not suggesting that in any of these cases the wrong conclusion has been arrived at however the lack of options available to clubs and players that feel hard done by is limited and expensive.
I point to the Jarrod Bayliss incident that cost Wandin a fair chunk of coin to get a result that both Emerald, Wandin and AFL Victoria thought fair and reasonable however YVMDFL league disagreed.

The key issue for my mind is that Justice is too closely tied to money and in local footy money is the biggest weapon clubs have in any area of Football and Football administration.
Until this changes fundamentally, inconsistencies will continue to plague any tribunal system and while an AFL competition turning over billions of dollars a year cannot get it right what chance do local leagues have of implementing a justice system that appeases the masses?

In the meantime lets enjoy a finals series that will prove entertaining and bask in all the good things that September action brings. While the politics of football makes for interesting reading the sport itself is what we love. All else is secondary..

This is where the issue sit's for a local football club. Mick Walker would no more ask the club to pay $5000 to appeal than fly in the sky. Anyone that's been involved in the running of a local club will know that not often do you have a lazy $5000 sitting around.

The YVMDFL has to do the right thing and should appeal the decision on Mick's behalf to make right a very poor and injust decision.

The YVMDFL has to do the right thing and should appeal the decision on Mick's behalf to make right a very poor and injust decision.

I'm steering well away from any comment on the incident seeing as I have no idea what happened or whether the outcome at tribunal was appropriate or not. All I would say about the above suggestion is that from a process perspective it would probably remove the concept of being an independant tribunal if you want the league pulling the strings. In my mind any such request would create a very messy precedent for anything down the track.

I'm steering well away from any comment on the incident seeing as I have no idea what happened or whether the outcome at tribunal was appropriate or not. All I would say about the above suggestion is that from a process perspective it would probably remove the concept of being an independant tribunal if you want the league pulling the strings. In my mind any such request would create a very messy precedent for anything down the track.

To late for that it already is messy for more than afew reason's. To have a league Life Member have this hanging over his head is simply a injustice. Mick and Blake collided in a accidental and unavoidable incident and all the evidence show that yet he find's himself suspended for 9 games.

To late for that it already is messy for more than afew reason's. To have a league Life Member have this hanging over his head is simply a injustice. Mick and Blake collided in a accidental and unavoidable incident and all the evidence show that yet he find's himself suspended for 9 games.

But that's where the club has to appeal. If the league looks at each tribunal finding and tells them to go back and have another go at any result they don't think is right, then the tribunal is no longer independant.

But that's where the club has to appeal. If the league looks at each tribunal fonding and tells them to go back and have another go at any result they don't think is right, then the tribunal is no longer independant.

As I posted before club's don't just have a lazy 5000 sitting around. As for the Independant Tribunal I'm not so sure with the current set up it is.

I sit on the fence with this one, mick is a legend of the league but from what I heard there is more to the story then what your letting up Adam.

On other news I have heard a little rumour out of the Belgrave camp that the great man Mitch Collins did not finish the game with a suspected broken hand.. This will be a massive hole too fill in the final series if so!!

I sit on the fence with this one, mick is a legend of the league but from what I heard there is more to the story then what your letting up Adam.

On other news I have heard a little rumour out of the Belgrave camp that the great man Mitch Collins did not finish the game with a suspected broken hand.. This will be a massive hole too fill in the final series if so!!

Can assure you that the incident was a complete accident and it wasn't until quarter time that I assured Mick that he hadn't been picked off. Injury doesn't mean malice it's part of football at times.

Word on the street is that big Mitch Collins may have broken one of his mitts on sat. Anyone else heard this? Massive loss if true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back