AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (Vice-Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would 100% believe this if I hadn't seen all the spruiking they have been doing about Brendan Fevola and Dane Swan being regulars this year...
Fev has been doing okay on morning radio, I would hope he's grown up since the last time he had a stint on there, and I think it's probably different with Eddie back now? I think last time was with tweedledee and tweedledum hosting wasn't it..?

Can't say I'm an Eddie fan, but that show needs him. Dane Swan I have no opinion of, the couple of times I've seen him in the media he seemed classy enough.

Fev has been doing okay on morning radio, I would hope he's grown up since the last time he had a stint on there, and I think it's probably different with Eddie back now? I think last time was with tweedledee and tweedledum hosting wasn't it..?

Can't say I'm an Eddie fan, but that show needs him. Dane Swan I have no opinion of, the couple of times I've seen him in the media he seemed classy enough.
Swanny is a screeam, hilarious bloke. Fev is a good laugh too. Solid effort getting them on board.

More than happy for Pidge to be getting involved in long term media roles for two reasons:

1) Would seem a logical move for a bloke that will inevitably be moving in to leadership roles

-and-

2) The more involved in paid ambassadorial roles he is, the more stable and content he feels, the less likely he is to look to move down the track.

More than happy for Pidge to be getting involved in long term media roles for two reasons:

1) Would seem a logical move for a bloke that will inevitably be moving in to leadership roles

-and-

2) The more involved in paid ambassadorial roles he is, the more stable and content he feels, the less likely he is to look to move down the track.

Has a bit of the James Hird feel about it actually.
Smart well spoken guy with obvious talent but doesn't appear to engage too much with the blokey humour but is there to build his media footprint.
Type of guy that would move on from footy into well paying corporate roles if he wanted.

Smart well spoken guy with obvious talent but doesn't appear to engage too much with the blokey humour but is there to build his media footprint.
Type of guy that would move on from footy into well paying corporate roles if he wanted.

So you're saying Premiership Captain & Brownlow Medallist? I like.

His folks are in the corporate world, I would expect a guy like that to be successful at whatever he does during his life.

I can't imagine him playing for another club. Doesn't seem in-character.

Played well on the wing today against Geelong. First half he looked to be running defensive against Blicavs, maybe due to Selwood & Dangerfield center dominance. Second half McGrath was pushing through and forward with his running patterns. Very clean and finds the right option with quick thinking. Can see him getting mid 30s a couple times this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back