AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (Vice-Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just doesn't seem to have the running capacity of a midfielder. For a very fast guy he seems a bit slow at times. Just too fatigued for his legs to do anything.

This should improve over time, games and fitness but I'm still not sold on him being the midfielder we need.

His stats from the first season to now are pretty much identical. There has been no real upward curve whereas Taranto and McCluggage are starting to really shine.

We need him to step up but I'm guessing thats at least another pre season or two away.

If McKenna continues to play as he did today, youd send him down to the 2s and then could potentially put McGrath in his place.
wouldnt wait.
McKenna is out of touch. But the Swans are much like a VFL match this week, perhaps a little tougher. But time to take the kick ins off him
Half thinking he could go to the forward line and play the defensive forward role

But do agree McGrath off one HBF. Saad off the other. Add redman, Hurley and ridley - thats a lot of quality ball use out of the more dangerous part of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke has been one of our best all year, so it's a bit much when people start having a crack at him after one game where he made a few poor decisions.
Move on.

Meh people need someone to blame.

That is all this board is, constant sooking and bashing of players, team and coach.

This bloke has been one of our best all year, so it's a bit much when people start having a crack at him after one game where he made a few poor decisions.
Move on.
Agreed. I'd even go as far to say that this is the first game since being drafted where he didn't perform 'as consistently'.

Even then, he was no way near our worst performer on the day.

Move on.
One of our best is a massive overstatement. He hit form against poor sides and lost it against the good ones. He'd struggle to be in our top 10 players this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back