AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (Vice-Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

50 games this week as pointed out by brutus76 in the preview thread. So *bump* and a thread title.

And while I'm here;;

From the Sydney game I assume you mean?

View attachment 674491
Could you please post quarter by quarter, I feel his best work was Q1 and Q2 when he was at half back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worry is McGrath has spent more time back than in the midfield in the last two weeks - He needs more time in the midfield to determine if this is his best position.

Disagree, think we need him down back at the moment and to push McKenna upfield. Don’t think we need to rush him playing full-time mid at all, he’s damaging off the half-back line with clean ball use and can actually use his run with some space in front of him.

He’s not an explosive 3-4 step kind of player like Shiel is (yet anyway) and think he’s a lot more valuable off half back for the time being.

Has developed that Essendon midfielder trait of the last 10 years. When he has a chance to impact a contest he pauses and thinks the opposition is going to move it on quickly but when they don't do that he then puts on the afterburners to impact but all too late then.

The best teams don't have any of these players. shoolboy football and someone needs to shake it out of the group.

Has developed that Essendon midfielder trait of the last 10 years. When he has a chance to impact a contest he pauses and thinks the opposition is going to move it on quickly but when they don't do that he then puts on the afterburners to impact but all too late then.

The best teams don't have any of these players. shoolboy football and someone needs to shake it out of the group.

I remember Gavin Wanganeen having that problem first few years as well, probably why Sheeds kept him back. Not saying McGrath will ever be as good as Wanganeen, just that this happens to third year 20 year olds

Happy we have him but man I remember being sad we did not draft McCluggage and that sadness has not changed.

McGrath will be a solid 250 gamer and a champion of the club but McClug looks like going to another level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back