AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (Vice-Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy we have him but man I remember being sad we did not draft McCluggage and that sadness has not changed.

McGrath will be a solid 250 gamer and a champion of the club but McClug looks like going to another level.
McCluggage wouldn't be all that without the inside help he has at Brisbane, he certainly wouldn't get it here.

Most disappointing player in 2019 - Fumbles too often, decision-making is questionable and lacks penetration in his play. Plenty of room for improvement.

Last edited:

Thought McGrath was amongst our better players, don’t really get the hate atm I feel he has always looked lively when we have been making fightbacks this year and especially this week

Surprised that anyone can think he had a good game - Had him in the bottom half of players.

He's having a lot of nearly games. Still showing some very good attributes but lacking the composure and strength to consistently make the most of them.

I think it's just part of the transition to becoming a full time midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What game were you guys watching?

He was all over it. Great game.

He got half his touches in the 4th/junk time which is probably why I didn't notice him as much.

McGrath by QTR
Q1: 5 Disposals
Q2: 7 Disposals
Q3: 4 Disposals
Q4: 16 Disposals

Disposal leaders (ESS) at 3QT
1. Heppell - 27
2. Hurley - 24
3. Hooker - 23
4. Parish - 20
T5. Guelfi - 19
T5. Zaharakis - 19
7. McKenna - 18
8. Clarke - 17
9. McGrath - 16
10. Saad - 14

Thought he was awesome in the last quarter, his hands were super slick. Still think the sky is the limit for this guy, going to be an absolute force at 24-25

He got half his touches in the 4th/junk time which is probably why I didn't notice him as much.

McGrath by QTR

1. Heppell - 27
2. Hurley - 24
3. Hooker - 23
4. Parish - 20
T5. Guelfi - 19
T5. Zaharakis - 19
7. McKenna - 18
8. Clarke - 17
9. McGrath - 16
10. Saad - 14
Junk time, right. Guess that's why he got 4 coaches votes

McGrath by QTR

1. Heppell - 27
2. Hurley - 24
3. Hooker - 23
4. Parish - 20
T5. Guelfi - 19
T5. Zaharakis - 19
7. McKenna - 18
8. Clarke - 17
9. McGrath - 16
10. Saad - 14
I don't mind the idea that some players stand up in the last quarter. We were generally on top after quarter time but the game was very much alive until halfway through the last quarter.

From TV he did plenty but there were a few rushed handballs to the opposition.

Probably a good reason to devalue draft picks. There's so many aspects required to be a star player and it's almost impossible to know if an 18 year old will ever acquire them. The 18 year olds who are ready to play don't necessarily have a lot of those qualities. My draft strategy? Swap every first rounder for one established B grader and one second rounder.

Yikes - I didn't say he played badly I just said I was surprised to see him have 30+ touches for how much I sited him and explained why this was probably the case.

I do find it funny that AFL Player Ratings gave Walla another outstanding rating only to not see him reflected in the votes at all.

A little surprising he got more votes than Parish and Hooker who were far more influential

Remove this Banner Ad

Back