AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (Vice-Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished 5th in the Crichton, 63 points short of Ridley. Full points for a game is 30... and he missed 3 games. That injury robbed him proper.

The voting system makes it very difficult to win if you miss anymore than 1 game unfortunately, he definitely finishes top two and probably wins it if he played all 17.

Finished 5th in the Crichton, 63 points short of Ridley. Full points for a game is 30... and he missed 3 games. That injury robbed him proper.

Mcgrath and Merrett both averaged 19 votes(and a little bit of change) per game, so if you add 3 and 1 lots of votes for matches missed by those two they finish on the same but 6 votes behind Ridley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a later birthday in November, likely after these types of teams are announced.
I thought the cut off was that you had to be under 22 on January 1 of that year.

Wikipedia says: To be eligible for selection, players must be aged 22 or under for the entire season (including finals).

Seems out of sync with every other AFL rule, but alright.

With Saad and McKenna gone, I hope we bring in some midfielders to free up Andy to play down back. I would rather see him run and carry than do hack kicks out of the contest or handball backwards repeatably. His strong defensive mindset will allow him to beat his opponent as well as create attacking moves just like Saad used to do.

With Saad and McKenna gone, I hope we bring in some midfielders to free up Andy to play down back. I would rather see him run and carry than do hack kicks out of the contest or handball backwards repeatably. His strong defensive mindset will allow him to beat his opponent as well as create attacking moves just like Saad used to do.
Was going to say the same thing

It’s an interesting one....he has the potential to be the best small defender in the comp.

His last two games he, I think for the first time, showed that he can be better than just a good to very good mid. He was running with the footy and I could see a version of him that could be “elite.” Given this I think you have to keep playing him in the midfield.

It’s an interesting one....he has the potential to be the best small defender in the comp.

His last two games he, I think for the first time, showed that he can be better than just a good to very good mid. He was running with the footy and I could see a version of him that could be “elite.” Given this I think you have to keep playing him in the midfield.
Which way was he going?

It's really only one game, maybe if he played at that level for a stretch I would agree with you. McKenna and Saad out is a huge blow and Andy has the quality to fill at least one of these spots. Devon Smith could be the other.

It's really only one game, maybe if he played at that level for a stretch I would agree with you. McKenna and Saad out is a huge blow and Andy has the quality to fill at least one of these spots. Devon Smith could be the other.
As long as Devon plays the ball

Well it was his last game...If he can’t keep showing us that then sure, think about moving him back.

We should trade him, not because we need to, but because he seems like a really good bloke and I feel real bad for him to be at this dissapointment of a club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back