Opinion 1 era ends, but the new has begun: or the sweet relief of finally getting O'Meara after all that

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, tough crowd in here.

I guess after such a barren period, it's to be expected... :rolleyes:
I for one will not accept less than one flag per season.
Lucky for Clarko the Dev Squad won.

Some of the melts around here are precious. I think the clubs people are much more qualified than any of us to make these decisions. I loved the good times those guys gave all of us, but time stands still for no one. Bring on next season, if its s**t house or good, I will still be cheering the brown and gold.

Very well put. So much hand-wringing. "Why didn't we get more for Sam? Why didn't we get more for JL?" Well, they're both near the end of 15 and 12 year-old careers, and their best is most likely behind them. To put it another way, if we drafted in say Bartel and Ablett Jr, would we want to be giving up first round draft picks in return? I thought not. The way I see it, it's a win for the players (they've each got nice little retirement packages), and we've cleared a heap of cap room. Happy veterans, room to move for the future.

I think that people are more p!ssed off that the Eagles and Demons are getting something for virtually nothing. Frankly, I'm not that concerned about that. Lewis and Mitchell will forever be club champions, and I'm glad that the club could do the right thing by them at the end of their careers. It's not like we haven't squeezed a shiteload of premierships out of these blokes already. And yet for some 'supporters' here, that is not enough.

For those who doubt what GW and Clarko are up to, I say that they've got enough runs on the board and silverware in the cabinet to justify trading in or out whoever the hell they like. And if that means yet another trip to the tattoo removalist for me, well, so be it.

Its a been a mess, I still can't work out out that pick swap with the saints... Effectively we have just given 23 & 36 away for free an no other way about it.

Someone in one of these threads put in a screen shot of of the picks we both gave into the engine they use for calculating father son picks and academy points.

Based on what was swapped, for it to be even the Saints should have ALSO handed us pick 16 !!!!!!!!

CanMan.jpg

revisit at the start of 2018 season when we have used our full cap space.
still so much money to come out hodge roughy burgyone.. plus this yr 1million
if we are top 4 conteder 2018 mission done.

So apparently GWS are going to cough up a late first for Deledio. Lewis has outperformed Lids 2 out of the last 3 years comfortably, is the same age with similar games, and is arguably less cooked, yet he is worth some 3rd round pick upgrades?

I can't understand it

So apparently GWS are going to cough up a late first for Deledio. Lewis has outperformed Lids 2 out of the last 3 years comfortably, is the same age with similar games, and is arguably less cooked, yet he is worth some 3rd round pick upgrades?

I can't understand it

Thats a question for our list manager mate, I can't make any sense of it either.

I can't understand it

Yeah, I know we're meant to be the headf***ed for suggesting it's been disappointing, but Richmond's day today hasn't done much to improve the outlook. Mistakes were made, but they'll fix it up eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have my head around letting these guys go now. But wouldn't you think in a 16 minute interview with Clarko,the most important question was " Why did we give these guys away for nothing". I don't care if they are 53 years old! If you're 1 & 2 in the B&F your worth plenty to another club(minimum 3rd rounder at least).
That's what I'd like explained.

I can't understand it

The Lewis trade wasn't an attempt to get high draft picks: it was the Hawks trying to get Lewis a decent contract and a superannuation pay out.
Just trying to help a stalwart player.

The picks we got were incidental.

Same with Sam Mitchell.

I have my head around letting these guys go now. But wouldn't you think in a 16 minute interview with Clarko,the most important question was " Why did we give these guys away for nothing". I don't care if they are 53 years old! If you're 1 & 2 in the B&F your worth plenty to another club(minimum 3rd rounder at least).
That's what I'd like explained.
Yeah, I'm going with the theory that we gave those two superstars an opportunity to benefit from their respective moves.

We all came into the trade period thinking it was going to be great to top up our list with a couple of guns, we knew a few players would be sacrificed on the way, but not two of most important lynchpins of the era. If Mitchell leaves tomorrow and Lewis within in the next, which looks quite likely, is this curtains for the era of success we've witnessed? Can we bounce back from here, or is it time to accept a lengthier rebuild (5 years or so)? Is Clarko making a massive mistake?

No, no we didn't.

;)

We gave a lot but at least we landed Tom Mitchell and Jaeger, I'd be trading next year to get into the top 30 of the draft. Also we must attack a big Free agent.

............... Being able to see Kernahan, Bradley, SOS, Ratten, Brown, Hanna, Dean, McKay, Sexton, Madden all bow out at the Blues after delivering a couple of flags was a precious moment at each of their farewell games.

Ah yes, that's worked out well for you.
How's the last 20 years felt since that precious moment?

If anyone thinks this is all part of the plan and not a big mess, go watch GW video about the trade. This period will go down as the worst ever.

Our engine room has been destroyed - JOM no nearer to getting done. Pick 10 draft was a dum decision as it has meant we have nothing to negotiate with now. I would of prefered my chances to get the JOM deal done with the pick we traded for 10.

Apparent GC want a first and early second. Im sure if we went to them offered what we did for pick 10 now this deal would be done.

Apparently now Hartung is off the table, good luck next year when breust becomes a RFA, he aint going to take less than market value after this whole F#$%# up.

Club culture is stuff, no more team first. Good work Hawks

???????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back