Opinion 1 era ends, but the new has begun: or the sweet relief of finally getting O'Meara after all that

Remove this Banner Ad

seriously.. he's a hawk now and will have my support... but Jom hasn't played for 2 years ( at snr level anyway) I would have let him go to the draft just to shove it up the suns... I feel we are a bit of a laughing stock over this... I also know we are quite good at making others laugh on the other side of their faces........

I think we might have got him in the draft... the injury thing would scare other teams off.

How are we are laughing stock? Moving Mitch and Lewis was independent of landing O'Meara. We essentially got him for Hill, our future first and what pick 36 or close enough. Gee, that's far less then what Cockroach was after...

I suggest you go watch his highlight package and you will feel much better about things...

I like his line about "look away now, hawk fans" as if we'll be devastated by the infallibility of his gloomy prognostication.

I was happy to read the whole article, and didn't need to look away once. Just more gobble gobble turkey to add to the 'woe is Hawthorn' gobble gobble turkey of the last few weeks.

We appreciate you guys have to write new copy everyday, Ben...just don't make the mistake of ascribing any significance to it. The rest of us don't...

Gobble gobble turkey from jive turkey gobblers.

Last edited:
I like his line about "look away now, hawk fans" as if we'll be devastated by the infallibility of his gloomy prognostication.

I was happy to read the whole article, and didn't need to look away once. Just more gobble gobble turkey to add to the 'woe is Hawthorn' gobble gobble turkey of the last few weeks.

We appreciate you guys have to write new copy everyday, Ben...just don't make the mistake of ascribing any significance to it. The rest of us don't...

I would like to remind the media what happened the year after we lost two of our greatest ever champions, Peter Knights and Leigh Matthews in 1985. We collected the silverware.:thumbsu::cool::rainbow:

Good ol' Sam, at it again

Apparently he blocked me all the way back in August on twitter. Storm in a teacup really as we worked off the advice of the AFL and really, we could always just swap future second round picks so GC got the GWS's pick.

Vickery deal is a interesting one but there's no rules against smart contracting.

Lets be honest, we all knew going into the trade period that regardless of what happened we would get media attention and people would look for any reason to have a sook. Where's the outrage at Lewis leaving for a late 40's pick on a 3 year deal yet Deledio gets a future first rounder? Or Mitchell for 88?

That doesn't sell papers to the #headf*cked masses.

This trade period was just part 1 of a two year strategy. It looks almost certain that free agency will be used to close this dealing next year. While the name of Fyfe has been thrown around there is another that would put the icing on the cake for me should it happen to occur.

upload_2016-10-25_21-47-30.png

Time to bring back Joey.

I'm disappointed to lose Sam and Jordan but I think JOM and T Mitchell are an upgrade in terms of their goal kicking, which is an area Sam has been historically poor at and at which Jordan seems to fallen away a bit. They've both been champions of the club so it will be odd to see them running around for other teams but I think it's a win/win overall.

I'm very excited by JOM in particular as I think he could well play a similar role to Burgoyne, but with more midfield time. I'm not as sold on T Mitchell as he handballs more than I'd like but we certainly need someone to extract the ball and feed it out.

Overall, I'm very happy with our trading as we've picked up known quantities rather than punting on 18 year olds. I can't wait for next year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We helped you land him!!

I reckon there were some serious conversations between our 2 clubs that gave you the deciding deal breaker to land JOM and good on you guys as he is going to be star and hopefully he stays on the park for us all to enjoy his quality.

Remember though next trade period you guys owe us a favor! ;)

Best of luck next year anyway fellas and also to my fellow Mod comrade Abasi ! :beercheers::beercheers:
Good comment. I think the Blues and the Hawks did a bit of talking, you have one of our ex's coaching your club and he is a gentleman and a teacher, so I am looking forward to the Blues having a bigger year. At least , well I think nothing will change , but at least you'll have Bryce in your colours , where as in round 5 we have to play Sammy, he'll be the only one on the ground and he might just beat us, I'm very worried, and being stupid too, but next year well I can't wait for it.
Got to have some humour to get over our champion. But he has done a professional smart thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back