Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ha ha. Daniel Harris - another iconic NM midfielder. Small, tough, average skilled with minimal leg speed and minimal impact on the scoreboard.

Harris, Power, Tyson, Anthony, Adams, Swallow, Zeibell, Dumont, Ahern, Green, Davies, Hine, Trotter, Lower, Riggio, Ross, Greenwood, Bastinac, McKenzie, Wagner, Hrovat, Mahony..................where does the obsession for slow inside poorly skilled mids end???
reads like a hall of fame list,

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So it's not only people on here who spell players' names wrong. LOL the club spelt Jack's last name wrong in the article announcing the number changes.

Snojet

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So it's not only people on here who spell players' names wrong. LOL the club spelt Jack's last name wrong in the article announcing the number changes.
Guilty and I had no memory of his given name. Time to do some brain training.
Hope Jack has a great season and I will be able to praise him endlessly!

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Aka RIP your football career Jack.
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do.... At least that's what good ol' North Melbourne number 1 ticket holder Johnny (Whispering Jack) Famechon says.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Going to be very interesting to see how he progresses. Without sounding horrible, he’s not the “shiny toy” that some of the guys are eg, Ford and Taylor sitting on people’s heads, Stephensons Pace, TT’s freakish attributes etc. but he’s a natural footballer with tremendous work ethic.

He’s certainly not going to die wondering and will surprise a few I rekn.

May 1, 2005
Rural and Regional Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangas, Roos, Shinboners
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever know.... At least that's what good ol' North Melbourne number 1 ticket holder Johnny (Whispering Jack) Famechon says.

I’ve heard two can be as bad as one.

But that was from Johnny Holt I think.

I see it, but he’s still far from a sure thing to make the grade imo. Clean, smart, neat skills, surprisingly strong overhead; however lacks any exceptional traits to compensate for the dreaded small/slow combo.
Except football smarts/IQ and very smart hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back