Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
He's going to be highly valuable as a distributor in the forward line.

Did he play any midfield as a junior? Seems like he'd make a ripping inside mid.
Sticks out a mile eh? Has Cunners vision and hands.

I can see why he was so highly rated at nationals, his IQ is special, you can’t teach that.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He's a natural footballer.

The training staff need to make his endurance a priority.

Time capsule this: I reckon these two will play a bit of football together.

1593379844552.png

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Rowell is deceptive as he's as wide across the shoulders as he is tall.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Agree.

But there was one piece of play last night on the outer wing where Jack was 1v1 against a much taller and larger player, as the ball approached them Jack moved that player with the use of his body with absolute ease.

He obviously has the centre of gravity of a Tank and he moved that opponent like he was brushing off a piece of paper.

That one snippet of play reminded me of Cunners upper body strength, coupled with his high IQ he could be a major weapon in the middle once his aerobic capacity grows.

Last edited:

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That piece of play which resulted in the Hall goal looked like a training drill for him.

Is a footballer, just needs to work on his conditioning. Another yard or two of pace would really elevate him.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Should be delisted for centering it to Anderson.

I was impressed with what he offered, we lack any real small forward options, so the position is there for him if he wants it.

An intriguing selection for mine.
Looks a smart enough player but is he really what we needed?
Not quick or penetrating by foot, and not tall in stature.
Does he become a mid because he's not the pacy pressure forward we currently need.
I dunno man, of all the things I'm feeling like criticizing right now, Mahony is way the * down that list.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
An intriguing selection for mine.
Looks a smart enough player but is he really what we needed?
Not quick or penetrating by foot, and not tall in stature.
Does he become a mid because he's not the pacy pressure forward we currently need.
Was just going to post this. I mean I like how quick he is with his decision making he's smart but we need pace in our team too many medium paced player

Back