Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a good contributor today which is great news for Jack and us.

His smarts have never been questioned - what we need to know is where can he play and keep contributing at AFL level.

I would still like him to play 6-8 games at VFL level - when that resumes - and see what he can do as a pure mid. I think he could really excel there but he needs to be given the chance to show his worth as a mid.

Kept the play alive a number of times today to create chances out of nothing and constantly puts his body on the line too.

Love this kid.

The LDU goal.
The TT goal (banana).

Has elite footy brain speed & execution.

The LDU goal.
The TT goal.

The LDU one was good because he didn't handball out of the scrimmage to LDU, he handballed to Hall (the longer option) to give LDU more time to get a head of steam up

I thought for all money it was going to LDU but it shows Jack has genuine footy smarts as well as a good dose of toughness

How did you know?

If you shoot as early and badly with the missus as you do around here, then I hope for your sake you have a pre-nup in place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam mitchell traits are clearly evident in Jacks game. I hope he gets some midfield time over the back end of this season and next. He ticks alot of boxes. If his quick brain and skills can make up for a slight lack of leg speed, he could be an absolute gun midfielder. LDU can do with time in the back line learning about defensive pressure and accountability. How to impact the game without the ball in hand. Jy sympkin can do with more time at half forward, and concentrate on his kicking and link up play. Both are good players, and both were very high draft picks. We need them to be better than good footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back