Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a gentle notice that I think should apply to everyone on this board... It's okay to be wrong, or change an opinion of a player as time moves on.

I had Hall completely written off. I was so so wrong.

Mahony has had some frustrating moments during the year, same with Turner, in that pressure forward position, where I think it's almost more the position than the player. The development he's shown as he's moved gradually away from the fwd pocket, to higher up the ground and into the contests has been great to see.

I guess I'm just saying to those who haven't rated or don't rate Mahony, that the board should welcome when / if they change their view on them, and not go into 'I told you so' mode. Just my 2c.

Just a gentle notice that I think should apply to everyone on this board... It's okay to be wrong, or change an opinion of a player as time moves on.

I had Hall completely written off. I was so so wrong.

Mahony has had some frustrating moments during the year, same with Turner, in that pressure forward position, where I think it's almost more the position than the player. The development he's shown as he's moved gradually away from the fwd pocket, to higher up the ground and into the contests has been great to see.

I guess I'm just saying to those who haven't rated or don't rate Mahony, that the board should welcome when / if they change their view on them, and not go into 'I told you so' mode. Just my 2c.

Fair point, but what if you've stubbornly repeated an ignorant view ad nauseum, to the extent that the act of repetition becomes offensive because it proves that you don't respect the other people reading the forum enough to moderate your own behaviour?

Fair point, but what if you've stubbornly repeated an ignorant view ad nauseum, to the extent that the act of repetition becomes offensive because it proves that you don't respect the other people reading the forum enough to moderate your own behaviour?

Fair point, I guess everyone handles this stuff differently. I really enjoy lurking and reading everyones points of view, so I find it easiest just to ignore / block the repeat offender(s) who are seemingly trolling or ruining the experience for others.

Sorry all, I didn't mean to derail the Mahony thread either!!

Fair enough. And we all know that. Take it as accepted and noted. Thanks.
The frustrating thing is you are very singular in that view, post it incessantly in multiple threads and hold dogmatically to your opinion even when new facts or evidence come to light that are contrary to the initial viewpoint you’ve taken.
Eventually, it becomes repetitive, boring and brings down the vibe of the Board when you constantly repeat that opinion when not relevant.
It’s not personal. Just really f’ing annoying and boring.

I agree with this, but people still directly tag/mention him in threads such as this which is clearly both personal and counter productive. It's one thing to respond to him, it's another to actually initiate a given s**t storm that people then get annoyed at tZ for responding to.

Fair point, I guess everyone handles this stuff differently. I really enjoy lurking and reading everyones points of view, so I find it easiest just to ignore / block the repeat offender(s) who are seemingly trolling or ruining the experience for others.

Valid points…
I used to be like you.
Something happened somewhere along the way.

Disappointed to lose Jack this week but hopefully a few other guys step up in regards to the pressure in the forward half.

I love a good lurker.
I also enjoy lurking.

Commiserations to Jack on missing out this weekend. Unfortunate for him, putting his body on the line right up until the last moments of the game last week. Exactly why he’ll be a great player for years to come.

The obsessiveness over wanting an obvious troll changing their minds on a stance when that’s the essence of their troll game does just as much to derail these threads. Doesn’t really make sense to me. Those guys are easy to ignore. Just give it a lol and move on.

Will be interesting today to see if we struggle more than usual with keeping the ball in our forward 50 without Balls Mahoney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An obvious sign of how important he is to what we do that the first thing Noble said at halftime was along the lines of "we need more pressure in the forward line". Given we lost 60 odd pressure acts when Mahony was ruled out with a shoulder, I think it's pretty telling how highly he's valued internally

It’s funny how we score so well without him then?

whose gonna chirp back...

Said in the jed thread but liked him as the small forward this week whi has three odd stint in the middle

If only we played a s**t Carlton side every week :thumbsu:

Said in the jed thread but liked him as the small forward this week has the odd stint in the middle
sorry, i thought you were "above going low"?

truth is you're just bad at it, just like analysis.

Said in the jed thread but liked him as the small forward this week has the odd stint in the middle
You also said in the Jed thread:
Can’t kick, can’t football.
He can * right off.
Trade him out.

Reckon Jack would have enjoyed the space that the Bloos mids and defence would have afforded him and his neat kicking would have cut them up. Nice that we have Anderson able to have an impact as it gives Jack time to get himself right. I'd be happy for him to work on his game in the 2's for the rest of the year and then hit 2022 hard with a strong preseason.

Reckon Jack would have enjoyed the space that the Bloos mids and defence would have afforded him and his neat kicking would have cut them up. Nice that we have Anderson able to have an impact as it gives Jack time to get himself right. I'd be happy for him to work on his game in the 2's for the rest of the year and then hit 2022 hard with a strong preseason.
good comp for spots finally Jed vs Mahony next year for that small forward role that drifts into middle every so often

Jack is the least of our worries and probably would of had a field day, hope his shoulder recovers well, can’t wait to see him back out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back