Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, competition for that role is fantastic. TBH I love Jed in that role, its made for him IMO, but Jack has the ability to make life very uncomfortable for him.
Good to see Jack straight back in the team after injury. Obviously rated highly by Noble and company if not by some on here. Well done Jack.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
It was intend to be tongue firmly in cheek. But evidently not a great post wiz. Wasnt intended to offend, apologies

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No harm mate and no offence taken. I tend to be too protective when the disease is taken lightly and that can be misconstrued as rudeness too.

Now let's all laugh at TZ.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I think he is playing his role pretty well, if he can hit the scoreboard and get a bit more of the footy, which will come naturally with a bit more time in the sysyem then he will be a very important cog for years.

I do have to say I actually agree with half of TZ's post yesterday, he probably shouldn't have come back yesterday as his shoulder probably isn't 100% right but it's a real testament to Jack that he's seen as an immediate in, even if proppy. That should be the final nail in the coffin for his haters, the bloke is a DEFINITE best 22 and calling for him to be dropped week in and out is really wasted bandwidth.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I do have to say I actually agree with half of TZ's post yesterday, he probably shouldn't have come back yesterday as his shoulder probably isn't 100% right but it's a real testament to Jack that he's seen as an immediate in, even if proppy. That should be the final nail in the coffin for his haters, the bloke is a DEFINITE best 22 and calling for him to be dropped week in and out is really wasted bandwidth.
He has played a number of games this year where he hasnt had much to hang his hat on except his pressure. But the bloke is 19. His offensive game will come. Clearly the decision to bring him straight back indicates he is very highly rated internally as you have suggested. If there is one thing I have great faith in this coaching staff and admin is the list they are building and the 22 that they are putting out.

Push aside your whipping boys and back the side in.

Was clearly hurting today, put a fork in him for the year and play fit blokes for these last 3 games.

A nice year for Jack but no point playing him hurt at this stage of the year.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's a genuine enigma.

Does absolutely elite stuff immediately followed by some of the most basic errors you'll ever see on the field.

He's 19. When our other young players do incredible work and then stuff up, it's taken as a given that they'll just clean those things up as they inevitably become stars. For some reason, Jack's never afforded that same benefit of the doubt. Is it his hairline?

Back