Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

So is Jack done for the year?
I have copied this from NMFC article in the mix for round 23.

Making himself a near undroppable member of North’s forward group this season, Jack Mahony missed the Sydney clash due to a shoulder injury.

Ranking second amongst rising stars in goal assists, and seventh amongst rising stars in total tackles, Mahony’s forward pressure has been a hallmark of his second season of AFL football.

Having played 19 games this season, he should slot straight back into the side if fit.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
RF08's Season Review

Games Played: 19
Avg Disposals: 11.6
Goals: 9
Stats Highlight: Ranked 20th in the league for total tackles inside forward 50.

Best Games
Round 6 Vs Fremantle - 21 disposals, 2 tackle
Round 8 Vs Collingwood - 10 disposals, 2 goals, 4 tackles
Round 21 Vs Richmond - 18 disposals, 1 goal, 5 tackles

Summary

The 2nd year forward continued to develop and build on his small forward craft. Provided excellent defensive pressure and inside 50 tackling effort. Showed glimpses of his elite disposal and decision making. To take his game to another level he needs to find ways to get involved in possession more consistently. Lots to like about how he took his pressure acts and defensive effort to another level this year.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. Jack Mahony

The stats:
19 games, 9 goals; 11.6 disposals, 2.8 marks, 3.2 tackles, 3.3 score involvements, 1.7 intercepts per game.

The season:
Jack Mahony’s game went from strength-to-strength in 2021, with the second-year player cementing himself as North Melbourne’s most important pressure forward.

Leading the team for tackles inside 50s per game (1.26), he improved his output in every major statistic compared to his debut 2020 season, including playing almost twice as many games.

After enduring the effects of an elbow knock for much of pre-season, North’s number one played every game of the season, bar the final two, with a shoulder injury cutting his season short.

One of the first names on the team list for almost the entirety of the year, the progression Mahony showed in all aspects of his game is not just promising, but downright encouraging.

The game:
Round 21 v Richmond
18 disposals, 5 tackles, 1 goal, 83.3 per cent disposal efficiency.

The moment:
Not so much a moment, but more a collection. Jack Mahony’s 25 pressure acts against West Coast were absolutely crucial to the Kangaroos claiming victory.

Just a couple of Jack Mahony's 2??5?? pressure acts ?? pic.twitter.com/nZqpWdGoLT
— North Melbourne (@NMFCOfficial) July 13, 2021

The fans said:

Another tweet to go along with my praise this week. Jack Mahony doesn’t stop trying. Pressure is his game. Keep playing him. Goals are not everything. @NMFCOfficial
— Marcus Walsh (@marcuswalsh95) June 26, 2021

The coach said:
“His (Mahony’s) development is tracking the right way. He played an important role for us in our foward group and was a strong contributor. His pressure is not underrated in our forward line, and that was where he was a really strong contributor to our game.” - Heath Younie (forward coach).

Well deserved plaudits from the people who matter.

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Shirley will be delisted after 2 dozen posters in here said he was slow and sh*t?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Contracted for another 2
Let’s discuss then in the meantime I still don’t see him in our best forward 6 with the likes of TT, stevo, Zurhaar, Curtis and the soon to be pick one taking the non KPF spots, plus there’s Eddie ford also who provides pressure but also hits scoreboard

Jed also probably will play more small forward, making Mahony redundant

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Contracted for another 2
Let’s discuss then in the meantime I still don’t see him in our best forward 6 with the likes of TT, stevo, Zurhaar, Curtis and the soon to be pick one taking the non KPF spots, plus there’s Eddie ford also who provides pressure but also hits scoreboard

Jed also probably will play more small forward, making Mahony redundant
See you in 2029 when he is running out for his 200th( I've allowed for injury)

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not best 22 and getting further away.

Not in best forward, midfield or back 6.

Trade whist he holds some value IMO.

The coach thinks he is best 22.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jack Mahony bed someones wife on here or something of the sorts?

Not best 22 and getting further away.

Not in best forward, midfield or back 6.

Trade whist he holds some value IMO.
Then how come he is always the first one picked? Our pressure has literally dropped so much since he hasn’t been in. If you can’t see that, god help you

Not sure he's the first one picked. Unless we pick the team in jumper number order.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Coach rates him extremely highly.

No doubt. Doubt it's " first picked " highly. It's a bout as likely as Jack saying Turner was first picked each week.

I reckon there's a bloke in 10 playing in the middle who's inked into the team.

Just my view. Obviously others are a given, no s**t.

but if I’m coaching and want to play a high pressure style, he is the one I’m picking first because the rest will fall right into place

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure he's the first one picked. Unless we pick the team in jumper number order.

JMac was first picked every week too remember.

FB: MacMillan -

Just my view. Obviously others are a given, no sh*t.

but if I’m coaching and want to play a high pressure style, he is the one I’m picking first because the rest will fall right into place

This is laughable

At best, he’s 19-23.

If we have clear run of injuries, I don’t see how he gets a game.

Powell, Cunnington, Tarrant, Corr, Polec and Comben into the 22. Probably Horne too. Possibly a Wilmott and most definitely a Perez by round 20.

You’ve also got to imagine that we will go for a Rioli or someone who is actually dangerous as a Small Forward to go alongside Cooper by 2023.

And you’ve got PSD this year.

And we’ll be trying to pump games into Xerri/Edwards.

I don’t see where Crafty fits in especially if you are keeping Ziebell, Hall and Turner.

Back