Past James Rose - delisted 2019

Feel the club is just prolonging the inevitable.
Maybe with already 8 possible changes to our list of Hannebery, Rohan, Newman and delistings of AJ, Dean Towers, Jordan Foote, Angus Styles and Jake Brown that the club decided on one more year?

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
He has the hunger guys...just a case of whether the opportunities are there for him as it's a hard team to get into.
Pretty sure he's on his last year of contract (correct me if I'm wrong) so a bit to prove. Great to see him get involved yesterday as I thought the season might slip by without him getting another chance.

I watched most of the second half and you guys looked like you were back to your old ways from recent years. Good stuff. What a difference it is having Buddy up and about!

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
You know him?
The question is... is it a put-on-the-apron-and-cook-up-a-feast type hunger or quick-dash-down-to-maccas type hunger?
I’ll be cheering him on anyway as I believe he has the skill set to be a star.
Yes I do.
His dad is my dads best mate.
Known him his whole life. He has the drive, trust me.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
He is capable of the top level

It was never a question of talent for me, more application. To his credit he has improved each year he has been on the list which led to him being retained over others.

He showed he is not quite the list-clogger I thought he was. I'll always wait for some continuity before I change my mind about a player though.

His goal was class.
That kick on the wing where he kicked it high and long into a 2-on-1 in the middle of the ground is what he needs to not do to keep his spot.
Highs and lows.

Good on him for having a real crack. We saw the best and the worst of Rose all at once last night, but the most pleasing thing was that he kept trying and bounced back from each mistake. After he made that kick inwards I was thinking, oh geez, he’ll be mentally wobbly now. Credit to him!

Still miles off best 22 and is first one out for me when the injured quartet on the sidelines return.

swansfan51 how does Rose fit into List Management,

Serviceable player, but proabably not best 22 when everyone is fit.

Is it worthwhile to keep players who maybe average in place of rookies who may not play in their first year (or two) ?

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
I think his improvemnt in form has direct correlation with getting a better haircut and the beard.

1560141278739.png

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Good on him for having a real crack. We saw the best and the worst of Rose all at once last night, but the most pleasing thing was that he kept trying and bounced back from each mistake. After he made that kick inwards I was thinking, oh geez, he’ll be mentally wobbly now. Credit to him!

Still miles off best 22 and is first one out for me when the injured quartet on the sidelines return.
Pretty sure he was best 22 last night.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
He is capable of the top level

I have canned him from pillar to post for his past performances when he has come into the side but will now offer apologies after his performance yesterday. He worked his arse off found a bit of the ball and when given the opportunity half way through the 3rd to go as a mid he was quite good at stoppages. Got his hand to the ball first on more than a couple of occasions at stoppages to give it out. Has quite a durable looking physique for a midfielder and on yesterday I hope they persevere with him there for a few weeks to see if he can go to where Hewitt has gone. Hewitt s rise has been over a couple of years so you never know. Will be more than happy to get more Egg on my face after my past appraisals of him. Good Luck to him.

I have canned him from pillar to post for his past performances when he has come into the side but will now offer apologies after his performance yesterday. He worked his arse off found a bit of the ball and when given the opportunity half way through the 3rd to go as a mid he was quite good at stoppages. Got his hand to the ball first on more than a couple of occasions at stoppages to give it out. Has quite a durable looking physique for a midfielder and on yesterday I hope they persevere with him there for a few weeks to see if he can go to where Hewitt has gone. Hewitt s rise has been over a couple of years so you never know. Will be more than happy to get more Egg on my face after my past appraisals of him. Good Luck to him.

Great post Wolfy. I dined on a bit of humble pie last night.

Back