Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Hulkamaniacs we better see a 'Hulkamania' banner in the cheer squad next season.

He needs a yellow vest (like the sub vest) that he can tear off at the start of each game too.

Looked much better than I'd anticipated last night. His strength in the contest is already up to AFL standard and the goal he kicked looked all class. Can't wait to see him in the real stuff in 2014!

He needs a yellow vest (like the sub vest) that he can tear off at the start of each game too.

Looked much better than I'd anticipated last night. His strength in the contest is already up to AFL standard and the goal he kicked looked all class. Can't wait to see him in the real stuff in 2014!

Needs to start his first game as sub just for the wild scenes when he comes off the bench, the music hits and he tears the vest off.

We should recruit more players with the same names as wrestlers, good for gimmicks.

Needs to start his first game as sub just for the wild scenes when he comes off the bench, the music hits and he tears the vest off.

We should recruit more players with the same names as wrestlers, good for gimmicks.

Terrific idea. Macho Man Shane Savage and Stone Cold Mark Austin must be traded for at the next opportunity. We should also approach Shaun "Hitman" Hart for a coaching position?

I wonder if they'll have Hulk in the coaches box any time this year (when he's free) just for a taste of AFL professionalism and a different view of the game style we're implementing.

'The All Australian Australian' Would be great when they make the All Australian team

I hope he doesnt play every game at Casey. It'd be a waste/risk. Some games yes but lets be smart about this one. I will say it now - HE is the answer. We can build a side around this manchild. He will lead us to the promised land & his presence will free Jack Watts on the field & off. Bring on 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon half of that cream is past its use-by, but we'll see.

Hopefully this kid starts bleeding red and blue. Clark will be a huge positive influence on him.
Early call. I liked him in training, but he was s**t on Friday and should have tried harder. Give him time, only 23.

Early call. I liked him in training, but he was s**t on Friday and should have tried harder. Give him time, only 23.

I felt like he was being double manned a lot of the games, which actually let Hogan run free a fair bit.

I felt like he was being double manned a lot of the games, which actually let Hogan run free a fair bit.
That's the interesting part for me. If we have a forward line of Clark/Dawes/Pedo or Clark/Dawes/Hogan, who the heck do you double cover? It's almost going to force them to put a man behind the ball while we could maintain a more balanced structure.

That's the interesting part for me. If we have a forward line of Clark/Dawes/Pedo or Clark/Dawes/Hogan, who the heck do you double cover? It's almost going to force them to put a man behind the ball while we could maintain a more balanced structure.

It will certainly be interesting. I don't think either team really knew how strong Hogan would be already.

Just as an added thought...are there any fullbacks left with that sort of size under the age of 25-26? They all seem to be lighter-on - Chip and TMac both come in at 94kg. Last one I can think of who we had who was that big was Warnock.

If he was starting out 10 years ago he'd have consistent opponents ready to line up on, but the full-forward has changed - it's gone from Hall/Brown types to Jack Riewoldt/Buddy types with speed rather than muscle. (Interestingly, Buddy does hit the scales at 100kg, but he doesn't really bust packs). As a result that's been the emphasis for fullbacks...now with Hulk and Patton at GWS, it'll be interesting to see if we have a couple of old-school gorilla fullbacks come back into the league.

889310-jesse-hogan.jpg

He is here. I remember the emergence of the young Ox. This is comparable in the very least.

The wheel is turning full circle. 2014 cannot come quickly enough.

He is here.
Doesn't this picture speak volumes? The wasted talent of Gys in a North top, whilst Hogan, Viney, Kent and an elevated Evans celebrating in the dees gear. Hopefully it's symbolic of what's to come. I've seen this all too familiar picture before, but hopefully, just maybe, Hogan is the man, and Mark Neeld the saviour.

No, but i'm sure we could find someone to print them in blue.
I have a friend who might be able to help. Blue shirt with red writing. Headbands too I'm thinking. Could get some printed off and sent out easy.

Goat prepared and ready for sacrifice.

I'm also more than willing to offer up my sister if that's more his thing.

Would you offer up yourself if that's more his thing? ;)

Seriously impressive debut. Of course it's impossible to definitively say he's going to be great, but he sure as hell did everything to prove that it's possible.

May be jelly.

I have a friend who might be able to help. Blue shirt with red writing. Headbands too I'm thinking. Could get some printed off and sent out easy.
You should get them made up....i'm sure there would be a large number of Melbourne fans who would want to get their hands on one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back