Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players whom bagged their former clubs that i can think of, off the top of my head
Howe (B&F speech at Collingwood, even though he didn't name us directly)
McLean
Mitch Clark

Players whom bagged their former clubs that i can think of, off the top of my head
McLean
Mitch Clark

Howe and Clark didn't bag us and I maintain that McLean was in the right saying what he did

Disagree that Hogan is respectful.

The Club bent over backwards to look after him. He did not repay the loyalty/care shown by the Club over many years.

I don't wish him any harm, but I don't wish him good luck either.

I never said the Club didn't bend over backwards.

I just think both parties agreed time was up and a change was needed.

Hogan loves the Club you can't deny that.

He will be like Jeff Farmer when he retires, pledging his support back to the Club who drafted him ( I hope LOL)

Mate when has a player ever bagged his former club lol? I can't wait for every performance for freo being bumped into this thread as either vindication or proof we made a mistake. He's a Fremantle player, stuff him I say.

He played 71 games for us

Jordie McKenzie and Matthew Bate played more.

Will finish with ~150 for freo. He's not a Melbourne guy and never will be to me

You can genuily see it in his face and when he spoke that he has nothing but respect for Melbourne FC

I wish him enough luck to actually get into the right head space to play again.

McLean
Mitch Clark
Chad Wingard to a certain extent too

Rivers did a bit (though as you say - he wasn’t wrong)
Yeah I couldn't understand people who were angry at the players especially McLean. In a very long round about way McLean was what started the ball rolling to get us to where we are now. The club should try and make peace with him one day. He didn't do anything wrong IMO

Yeah I couldn't understand people who were angry at the players especially McLean. In a very long round about way McLean was what started the ball rolling to get us to where we are now. The club should try and make peace with him one day. He didn't do anything wrong IMO
Totally agree.

One of the aspects I hated the most about us being absolute s**t there for a while was the way we lost players to FA/trade on bad terms with the club. Also retired players on bad terms (Green/Junior). You are always going to lose players, but losing players and knowing that getting away from MFC was the best thing that happened to them and that they pretty much were thinking thank * I’m out of there really sucked.

Brad Green may have been a bit of a dick according to some, but I loved seeing him there in the crowd last year genuinely thrilled that we were playing well. Finally.

Brad Green may have been a bit of a dick according to some, but I loved seeing him there in the crowd last year genuinely thrilled that we were playing well. Finally.
Loved Green's passion alight in the finals. Did I see Junior was there as well with his kids?

Loved Green's passion alight in the finals. Did I see Junior was there as well with his kids?
Not sure. I guess I’m going to have to watch replays of the elimination and semi finals again.

I do wish Jesse all the best at the Dockers still, but his off field stuff very recently is definitely a worry. Hoping that he's in a better mindset in 2019 and I think he just needs a decent mentor over that way like a Pavlich or something that can try and help him to steer clear from the gear.

I do wish Jesse all the best at the Dockers still, but his off field stuff very recently is definitely a worry. Hoping that he's in a better mindset in 2019 and I think he just needs a decent mentor over that way like a Pavlich or something that can try and help him to steer clear from the gear.
lol. This is a wank.

50% of the AFL players would have the same off field antics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol. This is a wank.

50% of the AFL players would have the same off field antics.

If the nerds knew what the average 18-26 year old got up to most weekends they would probably fog their little nerd glasses up.

If the nerds knew what the average 18-26 year old got up to most weekends they would probably fog their little nerd glasses up.

A good book, a mineral water and in bed by 9. Mmmm, yes, the sweet life.

Why 26? Is that the age line where you suddenly put on the nerd glasses?

I'm a nerd and I take offence to this m8

Seriously though lot of players would get on it, I'd say the majority are able to stop it affecting their life and performance.

Grew up with an AFL player who I won't name and talked to him recently about drug use in the AFL and mentioned the Hogan thing. He said that ALOT of players do it but the smart ones don't do it as openly as Hogan does. Being ****ed up on ecstasy in public is not a good look.

He said that him and his mates only do Cocaine (quicker recovery) and they only have a real hard crack at it when they are in private. If they are out in public they still might do it. Just in smaller amounts so it is not glaringly obvious.

Got to give credit to Jesse and Goodwin

Goodwin wanted to keep him but he put everything a side to make sure Jesse heads back home to family for his mental state

Hogan is a very respectful man, never bagged the Club at all

Wish him everything but the best at Freo

That’s a bit dark

Mate when has a player ever bagged his former club lol? I can't wait for every performance for freo being bumped into this thread as either vindication or proof we made a mistake. He's a Fremantle player, stuff him I say.

He played 71 games for us

Jordie McKenzie and Matthew Bate played more.

Will finish with ~150 for freo. He's not a Melbourne guy and never will be to me
Good post but why pick out the rangers like they wouldn’t be expected to get as many games as a brunette, huh?

I'm a nerd and I take offence to this m8

Seriously though lot of players would get on it, I'd say the majority are able to stop it affecting their life and performance.
Agree that it would be a lot, but I’d reckon definitely not majority. I reckon the % would be fairly close to the % of 18-30 year old males on the gear in broader society. Definitely a heap, but not the majority.

Good post but why pick out the rangers like they wouldn’t be expected to get as many games as a brunette, huh?
Nerds party hard too campaigner - glasses be gettin foggy with our own antics, thank you very much
The picture I have of you in my head of a young Nathan Jones with tennis elbow has officially changed to a bespectacled ginger ... with tennis elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back