Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So me quoting garry lyon and his opinion on throwing talls down back = suggesting that maj will be as good as some of the best in the game?

I've heard of taking things out of context but you just chinese whispered me. Purple monkey dishwasher!

I am still curious as to who the comparisons are?

I think Arthur C has exposed the truth behind this latest attempt.

Clueless in every defensive one on one the other day.

Grappling with key forwards died the day Gayfer retired...trying to teach that at his age is not happening.

Sorry to go against the popular opinion but I didn't think he was that bad when his cumulative time in defence and the comparative midfield performances were factored in.
Providing your own opinion that maybe opposite to popular opinion, or the trend, should always encouraged in everything in life (unfortunately its not though) :)

And I agree with what you posted....but I said that after the match. Don't see him getting a round 1 spot though but we'll see how he goes throughout the year.

He aint ever going to get a ruck spot while Goldy is there, he's not a fwd. So its up to him now.

I knew every mistake Majak made on the weekend would be viewed under the microscope. It's like the rest of the backline have never been outmarked by loose or undersized opponents. Ever.

He wasn't flash but as said already improved over the course of the game. My guess is his instruction at halftime was to stop trying to clean mark it like he's up forward and remember to impact every contest he can get to, which he started to do. Even the free he gave away at least showed some more intensity within the contest.

Sorry to go against the popular opinion but I didn't think he was that bad when his cumulative time in defence and the comparative midfield performances were factored in.

Still preferred the experiment using him as a big 'see ball' onballer but it seems that was started and stopped without a long enough period to gather meaningful info.

Its a measure of his whole time at the Club where I am coming from and regardless of Athleticism he lacks the football nouse to play elite Afl.

I wouldn't worry about it mate. Look at it from a readership numbers POV and you'll see why you get a significant reaction. It's because of your inside goss, therefore highly rated, therefore significant number of eyes on the author.

Ha Grogg I'd like to agree with you but you as a person who I've met is miles ahead of anything I bring to BF. In my own defensive though, I do try and antagonise certain posters, cause well......... I get a kick out of it.

This thread especially has a whole lot of s**t posted in it. Case in point Goldsteins game, two kicks zero marks and peeps actually said he played ok. I be like.....

tenor.gif

I like to have a theme for the season, 2018 nn is ramping s**t up, if anyone hadn't noticed. keep up the great work buddy :thumbsu:

Would be extremely surprised if old mate is in the 1s come the real stuff. Think it goes thusly

Tarrant
Thompson
McKay
Durdin
Daw

5th in line in the last year of a bloated 3yr contract with two blokes younger in front of him does not bode well.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is only his 2nd year of that 3 year contract - ends 2019.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is only his 2nd year of that 3 year contract - ends 2019.

That won't stop him being delisted at the end of the season.

Provided the football department actually get to make the final call.

Waite was the best with 4 and luckily he's only 35. s**t is looking up.

What a great leader of men, presents in incredible nick, doesn't lairise and really marshals the forward line. Like a 2nd coach and gosh he's not even 40 yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was laughable, listening to Scott justify the "Daw defence experiment" by saying that we wanted him to make a position his own, after being behind others in the ruck and on the forward line. Even though it seems blatantly obvious that he is behind 2 blokes in the ruck, 2-3 blokes up forward, and 3-4 if not 5 down back. ))))

It was laughable, listening to Scott justify the "Daw defence experiment" by saying that we wanted him to make a position his own, after being behind others in the ruck and on the forward line. Even though it seems blatantly obvious that he is behind 2 blokes in the ruck, 2-3 blokes up forward, and 3-4 if not 5 down back. ))))

So while I don't disagree, what does that say about Scott? This cannot be the only time he's got it wrong. The day they decided to make him a back man is the day he should have been paid out.

Now I don't believe he's behind McKay or Durdin, Waite is 35 and larkey aint in the stratosphere of an AFL footballer. We should have off loaded bloody Goldy and Played Preuss and Maj as rucks.

So while I don't disagree, what does that say about Scott? This cannot be the only time he's got it wrong. The day they decided to make him a back man is the day he should have been paid out.

Now I don't believe he's behind McKay or Durdin, Waite is 35 and larkey aint in the stratosphere of an AFL footballer. We should have off loaded bloody Goldy and Played Preuss and Maj as rucks.
The most concerning part for me is that he might not actually be behind Durdin.

What the * is going on there?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

It’s funny. We all seem to forget that Majak was/is just a rookie! In some ways, you could argue he’s done well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only the Dennis Pagan dills forget he's was a rookie, plenty of early draft picks past and present who should be of more concern.

You're running out of excuses if you're relying on the technical classification of rookie after 7 seasons.

Ha! You serious? How'd our first round draft pick Bread McKenzie turn out? How's Durdin travelling? The great white hope McKay is moving into his third season another first rounder. Nielson who went as a second round pick and was told the gig is up, only to find some semblance of form at VFL level which bought him some time.

Trent Dumont, there's plenty of better players taken after him.

Keiran Harper- he must be about to blossom?

I haven't made any excuses regarding Maj and if you could stop being a DP dill for two seconds you could ******* read where I stated we should have off loaded him. The only reason he's down back is we have * all else.

We didn't lose at draft time with Maj we've lost on plenty of other occasions but you blighters don't wanna go there. Why?

I cannot fathom the negativity in this thread makes zero sense, Majak Daw isn't the reason we've done jack s**t for 19 years. Brad 'I'm only coaching for the money cause without this job I'd be cleaning public dunnies' Scott stated he's behind Brown/Waite and if Scott was honest Wood in the fwd half. Goldy and Preuss in the ruck- fair enough.

* him off then, it aint that difficult and as I've said before you question Maj but don't question this Galah.....

upload_2018-3-18_16-52-48.jpeg

Many more pressing and concerning issues at North than Majak bloody Daw.

^ Calm down mate, I was just giving you a bit of friendly ribbing on your favourite topic.

Somehow I missed the "friendly ribbing".
The subject no longer brings me any joy I get annoyed at the attack on what is essentially low hanging fruit.

You're running out of excuses if you're relying on the technical classification of rookie after 7 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back