Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously a bit out of touch but his acceleration looked very good still. Slow and easy from here, if he plays AFL this year so be it but the most important thing is to build slowly and let build confidence in the body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously a bit out of touch but his acceleration looked very good still. Slow and easy from here, if he plays AFL this year so be it but the most important thing is to build slowly and let build confidence in the body.

Yeah he looked like Maj of three years ago- NFI :p Let's see how he pulls up over the next couple of days, imo Bruce doesn't kick six with maj of 2018 in the back line.

He was motoring across the ground but as you expect - zero awareness. It was great to see him out there. Garner had a belter as well

Yeah he looked like Maj of three years ago- NFI :p Let's see how he pulls up over the next couple of days, imo Bruce doesn't kick six with maj of 2018 in the back line.
Geez, tough task master, A guy who had to learn how to walk again, playing his first game back, isn’t in All Australian form..

I'm not the ringleader champ.

It was always going to be a circus. With any luck its out of the way now and he can get on with getting back into form while the ADf'nHD media find something else to bang on about for a few hours.

He didn't really. He looked like he was still finding his feet tho. I think he'll be back as good as last year. he didn't look like he had no clue, but like he was trying to fit what he knew into something that was a bit faster than he was ready for. First game in six months and with all the media bullshit attached so its not really a surprise.

It was always going to be a circus. With any luck its out of the way now and he can get on with getting back into form while the ADf'nHD media find something else to bang on about for a few hours.
Being there, it actually didn’t seem like a circus at all. He ran out past his family and friends holding up home made signs, otherwise it was just your basic televised VFL game setup for media. There were a few hundred extra people watching in the crowd but with the AFL side away and the VFL playing at Arden St for the first time, that wouldn’t have been much different with no Majak comeback.

Well, I guess define circus. Because it seems like things have been kept as low key as possible, and in one of those clips above that Giantroo posted they said that Maj chose NOT to speak on camera, preferring instead to keep his comeback as low profile as possible.

Honest question Snake_Baker - are you happy to see Maj back?

Honest question # 2 - How did you feel about the media's handling of Jason McCartney's comeback?

Not trying to pick a fight here. I genuinely want to know.

I was there. It was pretty much like the JLT game against Hawthorn two years ago except there were less people yesterday. I hung around the NM bench area to get a close-up of our young guys. No sense of circus at Arden Street at all. Television and newspapers later were a different story.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back