Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, I guess define circus. Because it seems like things have been kept as low key as possible, and in one of those clips above that Giantroo posted they said that Maj chose NOT to speak on camera, preferring instead to keep his comeback as low profile as possible.

Honest question Snake_Baker - are you happy to see Maj back?

Honest question # 2 - How did you feel about the media's handling of Jason McCartney's comeback?

Honest answer #1: I am pissed off that he did something supremely stupid to:

a) Himself as a person, and his sporting career.
b) This football club, considering he finally returned some consistent good football, after being nothing more than a tease for every other year he was on the list. He is VERY lucky he got a contract extension, and any other player who ends up being delisted should rightly feel hard done by.

Honest answer #2: I am cynical of anything the media does in relation to a player/human interest story. They don't actually give a stuff, they are in the business of selling advertising, and have no other interest aside from that.

Last edited:

2) Himself as a person, and his sporting career.
b) This football club, considering he finally returned some consistent good football, after being nothing more than a tease for every other year he was on the list. He is VERY lucky he got a contract extension, and any other player who ends up being delisted should rightly feel hard done by.

Honest answer #2: I am cynical of anything the media does in relation to a player/human interest story. They don't actually give a stuff, they are in the business of selling advertising, and have no other interest aside from that.

No one wants to do what he did. They just want out of the situation they are in at that moment and genuinely see no other option.

And despite that you're still harsher on him than any other players who * up.

you should be more pissed off at the bullshit saturation coverage anti Sudo media that was non stop *en 24/7 every day in the lead up to him jumping. No doubt the same campaigners who are banging on about what a fantastic story this come back is for humanity. *en disgraceful blood sucking scum.

2) Himself as a person, and his sporting career.

So cynicism is the counterweight to circus then. Maybe try discernment once in a while. I mean, at least for Maj's thread. The guy has been through a lot. And what he's done took courage. And courage can't exist without hope. Hope trumps cynicism every day of the week, no matter what the media does with it.

Anyways, like I said, I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm just asking you to try and keep cynicism out of a thread where we are being supportive of one of our own, and a man who's been through a great deal and has worked hard to get through it.

No one wants to do what he did.

Of course not.

I was asked to respond honestly and I did. I don't want to turn this in to a soap opera, so that's it as far as I am concerned. I just wish the bloke could focus on himself and his footy, without the associated circus facilitated by the ridiculous over the top emotional investment placed upon him by virtual strangers. It's not as if any of this is his actual doing, as I have never seen him ask to be anyone's poster child, and for all we know it contributed to the pressures he experienced.

Get fit Majak, and play good footy for yourself and your club.

End of story.

Of course not.

I was asked to respond honestly and I did. I don't want to turn this in to a soap opera, so that's it as far as I am concerned. I just wish the bloke could focus on himself and his footy, without the associated circus facilitated by the ridiculous over the top emotional investment placed upon him by virtual strangers. It's not as if any of this is his actual doing, as I have never seen him ask to be anyone's poster child, and for all we know it contributed to the pressures he experienced.

Get fit Majak, and play good footy for yourself and your club.

End of story.
sometimes you can be a little over the top.
other times like now I just think
fair enough. Not how i look at it but hes entitled to his opinion.
You never cease to surprise me mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Durds, Taz, Maj and Thommo all play in the same backline?

They are all pretty mobile and Thommo can play small so there it is a chance it could work (although it would be an unusual structure).

Would leave Atley and Marley as the smalls. Leaves JMac out of the side I imagine and Pittard as the '7th' defender.

As per last year Maj's relief ruck work is just as important as his intercept marking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back