Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Maj in hot water.
Very strange and surprising behaviour coming from Daw.
Wish he’d have shown a bit of that with us.
WTF? He's just clobbered a bloke in what appears to be an unprovoked incident who now can't play again this year. I don't want our players "showing a bit of that".

You wonder why Maj would bring this scrutiny and attention on himself. Has possibly also just cost him any remote chance at a flag if Melbourne big blokes copped injuries in the coming weeks.

WTF? He's just clobbered a bloke in what appears to be an unprovoked incident who now can't play again this year. I don't want our players "showing a bit of that".

You wonder why Maj would bring this scrutiny and attention on himself. Has possibly also just cost him any remote chance at a flag if Melbourne big blokes copped injuries in the coming weeks.

Key word being BIT of that.

Pretty soft penalty tbh. Was nowhere in the action of the play. I'd be filthy if an opposition player did that to one of ours.
Wasn't even assessed by the MRO .

The incident was assessed by interim football operations boss Andrew Dillon and his team, not the Match Review Officer.

...was deemed proportionate to the offence.

The other noticeable thing so far is that Maj/Heath have confused the 1993 Essendon side when talking about the 2000 team.

In reference to Adam Ramanauskas:
1BBEA987-7BEF-4782-AFBC-656E9108B095.jpeg

I dunno if I've posted this song or not ... all thru 2018 i listened to a Rabbit Junk record about death that came out early 2018. Lost alot of friends and family including my old that year about a week before Maj tried to end it all. Anyway for the whole every time I heard this song it made me think of him. erspecially as he was playing down back and taking gravity defying intercepot marks every thirty seconds.

I dunno if i've posted it in this thread or not (sorry if I have,) but the funeral songs in the Random thread had me thinking about it. It still gives me chills. (Its great Maj has found reasons to go on too.)

I dunno if I've posted this song or not ... all thru 2018 i listened to a Rabbit Junk record about death that came out early 2018. Lost alot of friends and family including my old that year about a week before Maj tried to end it all. Anyway for the whole every time I heard this song it made me think of him. erspecially as he was playing down back and taking gravity defying intercepot marks every thirty seconds.

I dunno if i've posted it in this thread or not (sorry if I have,) but the funeral songs in the Random thread had me thinking about it. It still gives me chills. (Its great Maj has found reasons to go on too.)

That year was a shocker for me as well (brain injury), bar getting married which is the greatest moment of my life.

Anyway, I didn't watch much footy in 2018 so I went and checked his highlights for that year. Wowsers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That year was a shocker for me as well (brain injury), bar getting married which is the greatest moment of my life.

Anyway, I didn't watch much footy in 2018 so I went and checked his highlights for that year. Wowsers.
I know. What could have been if he'd been better coached and maybe had better support. And chucked down back 2 years earlier.

Some of those games he'd play well and be inexplicably dropped the next week then not get a run for another month or more.
Scott's conservative team selection cost him some games but at the same time with all of those years of development his reading of the game and running patterns to join in scoring chains never developed.

Scott's conservative team selection cost him some games but at the same time with all of those years of development his reading of the game and running patterns to join in scoring chains never developed.
No.

He was an intercepting backman. Have a look at his 2018 stats compared to the rest of his career. He was fifth in the comp for contested marks that year. Cos he just had to run at where the ball was going, jump and make a contest. If he'd been doing that from 2016/17 onward or even when he was young to develop then we'd have had a very different side and he'd have had a proper career.

No.

He was an intercepting backman. Have a look at his 2018 stats compared to the rest of his career. He was fifth in the comp for contested marks that year. Cos he just had to run at where the ball was going, jump and make a contest. If he'd been doing that from 2016/17 onward or even when he was young to develop then we'd have had a very different side and he'd have had a proper career.
Exactly. Should have started him down back start of his career to learn the game follow fwds a their patterns then if they felt up he was up to it moved him forward. Let's face it unfortunately Scott ruined the potential development of a lot of players. Atley is just another who was ruined by him

What a fantastic story of resilience after what happened to him.

Might not have had a huge number of games but his highlight reel would be as good as any.

It was a pleasure seeing you in North colours Maj. Now go and enjoy your retirement and be the best Dad you can be!

I reckon everyone here at North are incredibly proud of you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back