Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Maj, there's no pressure, because if you actually realise your natural born talent and treat this like a training run, then there's nothing any opposition player can do to stop you.

Last edited:

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Doesn't come across as happy go lucky as once upon a time. Maybe that was all a facade though.

Excited for his comeback (wish fate had made it against *, Richmond or Visy) but hope those close to him are alert to his wellbeing afterwards. It's another roller coaster moment in a bloke whose life seems full of overly accentuated peaks and troughs.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just remember why he had a break out year in 2018 then all will be easy from there.

North Melbourne

IF ...

playing his first game in the AFL back in 2013 was a virtual Mission Impossible for Majak Daw ...

THEN ...

match No.51 this weekend may be his Everest. One of the all-time great AFL stories, this comeback.

So happy to see Majak back. What a great story but I have not heard one reference to the comparably incredible comeback of Jason McCartney since the announcement. Even Brady on the radio when asked about whether or not he has seen a comeback like this in his time in footy didn't mention it. Reading about what McCartney had to go through to even train let alone play at an elite level in Boomer's book was a massive eye opener and clarified to me why he pulled the pin after the one match (hope Maj doesn't do the same!)

I know the circumstances which befell them were completely different but the resolution, dedication and sacrifices shown by these two champions to once again represent this incredible football club embodies everything which make it so special to us all....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact he can even walk is a miracle. I can't believe he is playing today. Cried watching the videos at the start in hospital. What an amazing comeback.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Doesn't come across as happy go lucky as once upon a time. Maybe that was all a facade though.

It was probably why he took so long to come to hand.

Footy should be dead serious for Maj now.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I’ve just noticed North’s listed 6 forwards:-

Cam Zurhaar
Nick Larkey
Bailey Scott
Jack Mahony
Majak Daw
Curtis Taylor

Let that sink in! The changes have really crept up on us.

What's more, I like it!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
2 talks who can take contested marks. 2 flankers who can mark it and get it non the ground, and 2 smalls. It's a nice balance.

Just add KT for Mahony (at this point in time) and that's a very balanced forward line.

Ultimately, getting BBB back in there & firing strengthens it again.

Tim Whiffler

Debutant
Apr 28, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone think Maj will retire after the match, leave the hub going back to Melbourne to be at his sons’ 1st Birthday?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Anyone think Maj will retire after the match, leave the hub going back to Melbourne to be at his sons’ 1st Birthday?

Not until you just posted it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back