Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Last edited by a moderator:

domiroo

It’s a big kick it’s long kick it’s a goal .....
Dec 26, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Catanzaro / Manchester City
Gotta persist until there is another option - agree. But I have no faith now. The lad has no football smarts. Don't hate him. Don't wish him anything bad. Hope he proves me wrong and I will be the first to stand and applaud. But, I think the experiment has failed. Good try, but nup.
You're not serious are you ...

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I like Roughie but i think Maj edges this one.

giphy.gif

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
trying to recall if they have ever played him down back prior to this year.....arguably the most comfortable he has looked...come this far..persist

He dropped back a little bit against Carlton circa 2014 I think but was more freewheeling around taking marks where he felt like.

This is a much more defined role.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Footy evolves so quickly these days, that I reckon there's a good chance Majak The Defender could be a good thing for about a season.

Ultimately though, he's a bit too slow to dispose of the ball in the back half.

But in terms of intercepting high balls, he's brilliant.

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's
trying to recall if they have ever played him down back prior to this year.....arguably the most comfortable he has looked...come this far..persist

Is getting very well coached/supported by the likes of Marley, Tarrant and Thommo on field, they're all enjoying him down back with them. And they're starting to have confidence in his ability to get the job done. :thumbsu:

Could be a hell of a long year for those that hate.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is getting very well coached/supported by the likes of Marley, Tarrant and Thommo on field, they're all enjoying him down back with them. And they're starting to have confidence in his ability to get the job done. :thumbsu:

Exactly - BS would have consulted the other established players in the backline about introducing Maj into the mix and those players obviously supported the move - the key now is to continue with this move for a series of games - even if there is the odd poor game by Maj.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I'm feeling for Pot Kettle Black already

Very cool to see him corralling the backline in the last quarter.

His most mature performance. Punched when it needed to be punched and marked when it needed to be marked

Was one out and never embarrassed

Crucial tackle on Duryea after Higgins & EVW got knocked out

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Genuinely surprised at how at home he looks in the back line. Would love to find out the mechanics of it and what his instructions are. Seriously looks like we're just organised as s**t and he knows when to go and when not to, and then his raw athleticism and power does the rest. Organisation aside though, today he genuinely looked like a defender. He did the marks and the spoils, some time one on one, and worked with the backline moving the ball around very well. Still very new down the back to. He's always had so much untapped upside, and I'm scared to allow myself to start hoping again we might still see it.

Genuinely proud of today's performance.

Back