Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Others have already said most of what I am about to post here. But I have heard from third hand from a "source close to the club" that Majak is now doing very well indeed. I have listed below some of the info I got which I think it is ok for me to pass on*.

1) Lucky Maj is the athlete he is. Most others would not have survived that fall. So much so that when the Emergency Services fished Maj out of the river alive and conscious they did not believe he was the person who had been reported to them as jumping from the Bolte Bridge. They kept searching for another "body" for a couple of hours apparently. This delayed information getting back to people who had been with Maj when he jumped. Too their distress.

2) Again because of his fitness/physique or that he was very very lucky he only suffered three very clean breaks to his pelvis and cut to his head. The nature of the pelvis breaks is such that, fingers crossed, the healing should go well.

3) They wanted to do the surgery they did on Maj 24 hours before they actually did it. Hopefully that does not affect his recovery too much. Issues with the permission required to do the surgery apparently as Maj himself was not allowed to give permission due to his assumed mental state.

4) He has now been back at the club for over a week and has met all the players and staff. Seems to be in a very good place both mentally and physically. All things considered.

5) Apparently all AFL players are required every 2 weeks to see a club psychologist. Maj no different. But of course, there is no obligation for that psychologist to tell Club what they know or have been told. Patient confidentiality and all that. Club was therefore unaware of the issues that have now become apparent. They were all in complete shock on the day (like everyone else I guess) after it happened.

6) The reports that possibly a drug like Stillnox maybe involved are apparently incorrect.

7) Maj has apparently spoken of some of the reasons he did what he did. Multiple issues mentioned. I am not going to pass on any of that info except to say if it was possible for me to hate Dutton/Morrison any more than I previously did, then I do.

*Mods. You maybe more aware of what can or can't be reported about Maj on BigFooty than I . Please delete anything that is inappropriate.
Great to hear Floggity. I had heard those reactions in your first point too. It seems his recuperation has surprised many too.

And your final point is understandable. Everyone I have worked with in the community speaks of the personal repercussions of the Canberra trolls using the South Sudanese as political footballs. One South Sudanese colleague who runs her own business and is also a well known musician got followed by security at Savers, of all places, when she went to find some comfy shoes for a program we were working on. This is the norm it seems.

So Maj is wolverine...Amazing. Truly amazing and thanks for sharing insiders.

It's quite incredible news and that Maj is in this condition in such a short time since he damn well could have died is nothing short of extraordinary. Have had it confirmed (for the most part) even if it was all information to have been kept in house.

It's quite incredible news and that Maj is in this condition in such a short time since he damn well could have died is nothing short of extraordinary. Have had it confirmed (for the most part) even if it was all information to have been kept in house.
It really is. I honestly feel like I went to bed and woke up in April or something. Tomorrow I'm going to wake up and Maj will be starting Rd 1. I'm both gobsmacked and over the moon.

And the reporter who wrote about this as if it were an indisputable fact. Why would you say that in a news report you creep?

Dutton...

Morrison...

Vile people.

I don't vote for those idiots and I have no reason to defend them but...

Careful you don't go commenting on an unsubstantiated rumour as if it were an indisputable fact. Because that would be a tad hypocritical, no?

Had an arsehole of a day, hoped on here and this just really brightened my day!

Absolutely stoked to hear such remarkable progress.

I still hope however he is getting as much mental support as he is physical. The mental scars and underlying issues will not heal overnight.

The progress he is making though, is very inspiring. I hope it’s encouraged a lot of people out there to sit down and talk to the people around them or an expert if they are really struggling.

Had an arsehole of a day, hoped on here and this just really brightened my day!

Absolutely stoked to hear such remarkable progress.

I still hope however he is getting as much mental support as he is physical. The mental scars and underlying issues will not heal overnight.

The progress he is making though, is very inspiring. I hope it’s encouraged a lot of people out there to sit down and talk to the people around them or an expert if they are really struggling.
Had DHS call me on the weekend informing me not to return my son to his mum after the weekend as she was not in a fit state to care for him. Turns out she had tried to pull the pin. Imagine then my disbelief when not 2 days the discharging hospital called to tell me that I am to return my son later that day! DHS have since interviewed both of us, my son stays with me and they are concerned that she just "laughed it off" and was happy to move on. Hopefully her issues will and can be dealt with and she can improve her mental state. That said, it is not beyond the realms of thought that it's just a sham that she has been caught out on. Either way she is not entirely sound of mind.

A mate of mine recently had his former partner finally succumb to her latest "cry for help" recently, after many attempts over the years.

Mental illness care is woefully inadequate in our society, and the courts are downright negligent in how they deal with the issue when it comes to kids.

Thankfully, from the sibling perspective, their child is a young adult and better equipped to deal with it.

Another former partner of a friend self immolated after years of disturbed behaviour and left behind very toxic letters for the ex and their child. All of this went on with little in the way of intervention before reaching it's tragic climax. Happy to report that the child (now an adult) has never seen or known about the letters, and is a happy well balanced person.

Last edited:
I’m desperate to believe this to be true but they were reporting it would be 8 weeks before he was walking.

So I’m thinking it could be a wrong sighting but I’d love to hear any follow-up reports and if we can confirm it, it’s close to being a miracle turn around.

Here’s for hoping and thanks for the report!

TYF the bloke who told me talks to Maj as he frequents the shop. He actually lives above the shops so l doubt its mistaken identity. I was surprised he was walking with such limited aid & l asked a second & third time for clarity in the conversation we had. When l said you don't mean a walking frame he insisted just a crutch under his arm.
I was as surprised as others....but its all good news by all accounts.

TYF the bloke who told me talks to Maj as he frequents the shop. He actually lives above the shops so l doubt its mistaken identity. I was surprised he was walking with such limited aid & l asked a second & third time for clarity in the conversation we had. When l said you don't mean a walking frame he insisted just a crutch under his arm.
I was as surprised as others....but its all good news by all accounts.
It's a small strip of shops and im sure everyone there knows him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news....

I can report second hand that Maj was spotted walking his local shopping area today & all he required for support was a single crutch.
Progress sounds good. I frequent this same shopping centre for lunch & was advised by one of the shop owners.

It's fantastic news. I saw a random post on FB yesterday which said Maj was spotted with a footy yesterday with some kids but wasn't quite sure if that could be true until I checked out this place.

Found this pic of Majak while searching for something. Jesus has he come a long way.
897264-majak-daw.jpg

This is beyond my wildest dreams and makes me so happy. One day at a time but can you imagine if he was back on the field this year - best news is he is in a good place mentally

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back