Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

good pick up, think it was a wake up call and nothing more, keep them on their toes I suppose.

Probably wanted someone who could stop small forwards if they were looking at the newer guys and comparing them as well.

Makes sense to play Marley on the white side to see who can cut it against a hard shut down defender.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Rhyce keeps driving this home about Maj:

1581367275859.png

There's little doubt he's put it on Majak, B-Mac & Durds to fight for a spot.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ya know Maj wasn't the greatest trainer under Scott, always found a reason to miss sessions via our 'welfare support crew' or some such.. So it's interesting that Shaw mentions he's putting together a series of sessions- good stuff.

Have a feeling we've been carrying an anchor around for the last ten years.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ya know Maj wasn't the greatest trainer under Scott, always found a reason to miss sessions via our 'welfare support crew' or some such.. So it's interesting that Shaw mentions he's putting together a series of sessions- good stuff.

Have a feeling we've been carrying an anchor around for the last ten years.
Scott or Maj?

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Scott was the anchor I'm thinkin mate
Hahaha don’t worry, that was my first thought, then reread message and thought you might’ve meant Maj by not training, then thought maybe he meant Maj is the anchor leg in a relay and he’s going to bring us home.
all this in a space of about three seconds, So I thought I best get it clarified, ah stupid adhd..

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hahaha don’t worry, that was my first thought, then reread message and thought you might’ve meant Maj by not training, then thought maybe he meant Maj is the anchor leg in a relay and he’s going to bring us home.
all this in a space of about three seconds, So I thought I best get it clarified, ah stupid adhd..

* me........... I think I just had another stroke reading that :p

I think we can put any doubts about him to bed now.
Yep.

I also reckon he'll be genuine KP and won't be playing the floater quite so much. Gets spoils in when he has no right and looks every bit the dangerous CHB from my blurry eyes.

Agree with that Grogg. Some super spoils on Larkey. Was the best defender on the ground today and looked match fit to me.
Yeah I had him with the points on Larkey too. I didn't see him blowing hard at any stage, but I was on the far side of the ground so that might not be too accurate. He looks in good nick.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I also reckon he'll be genuine KP and won't be playing the floater quite so much. Gets spoils in when he has no right and looks every bit the dangerous CHB from my blurry eyes.

Based upon today, I would agree. Hope it consinues throughout the inter-club matches.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I have NEVER seen that look of steely focus on his face in any previous year at North.................and it's showing out in his football!

1581665189821.png

He just might be on the verge of marrying his football to his outrageous physical gifts.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
There was genuine animosity between Maj and Larkey today.

Elbows galore.

It was excellent.

Majak was previously a little on the too "affable" side, and Nick has not really been seriously physically tested as far as I am aware, and I have watched him as much as anyone who posts here.

There's no more time for bullshit at Arden Street.

Last edited:
Back