Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

We deliberately set him up to fail? He's behind Tarrant and Walker and McKay at 22 is the future. Now we're bringing in Corr. There's just no spot for him in defence.

It's unfortunate for Daw, but that's footy.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Now that Maj has gone, i can't be accused of bias .... was told Walker was back up, then he became best 22, is slow and shite once the ball hits the ground. Glad he only got 12 months and I hope Corr takes his place. Too top heavy with Walker, Tarrant and McKay.

Now that Maj has gone, i can't be accused of bias .... was told Walker was back up, then he became best 22, is slow and sh*te once the ball hits the ground. Glad he only got 12 months and I hope Corr takes his place. Too top heavy with Walker, Tarrant and McKay.

Basically agree with this. Walker certainly earned a new contract but his limitations have become more apparent as the season went on. He's good backup because he can play both forward and back and is a good mark.

Now that Maj has gone, i can't be accused of bias .... was told Walker was back up, then he became best 22, is slow and sh*te once the ball hits the ground. Glad he only got 12 months and I hope Corr takes his place. Too top heavy with Walker, Tarrant and McKay.

No doubt you’re spot on there. I guess a spot opened up for Walker and he took it. Now with BBM and Tazz down there, it’s going to far too slow and inflexible with Walker in there. Hopefully that’s where Corr’s adaptability comes into play. Team them up with Luke, Flyin Flynn and Kyron, it’s a good mix.

Basically agree with this. Walker certainly earned a new contract but his limitations have become more apparent as the season went on. He's good backup because he can play both forward and back and is a good mark.
He is a good mark, but he also drops a lot of marks he should take. Fantastic bodywork, leap and reading of the ball in flight but his hands are actually quite inconsistent.

He is a good mark, but he also drops a lot of marks he should take. Fantastic bodywork, leap and reading of the ball in flight but his hands are actually quite inconsistent.

Fair call, that was part of what I was referring to in terms of his limitations becoming apparent. Looked really good early when he was holding them all, but it then became sporadic.

If you're in premiership contention, then by all means stack your seconds with veterans. I'm looking at our perspective of being 2nd from bottom.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

every year you start off on zero points like every other side, every year you are contending until you are not, so to tell me we are going to run with only players we think are best 22 next year is codswallop, unless you a forfeiting thew year already

"you ain't in your premiership window" is just as useless "he ain't best 22" in my eyes

Last edited:
every year you start off on zero points like every other side, every year you are contending until you are not, so to tell me we are going to run with only players we think are best 22 next year is codswallop, unless you a forfeiting thew year already

"you ain't in your premiership window" is just as useless "he ain't best 22" in my eyes

Look, we’re not winning the premiership next year. It’s not some sort of mythical window, it’s just plain logic. We’re hardly likely to play finals to be realistic. It’s not about giving up or forfeiting, it’s just where our list is at the moment.

Given we have a list of around 40, there’ll be 18 players ”not best 22” at round 1. Contracted players like Turner, Campbell, Tyson, Hall may all still be there. But given where we realistically sit, you’re not handing out contracts to 30yos who aren’t going to command a spot.

Look, we’re not winning the premiership next year. It’s not some sort of mythical window, it’s just plain logic. We’re hardly likely to play finals to be realistic. It’s not about giving up or forfeiting, it’s just where our list is at the moment.

Given we have a list of around 40, there’ll be 18 players ”not best 22” at round 1. Contracted players like Turner, Campbell, Tyson, Hall may all still be there. But given where we realistically sit, you’re not handing out contracts to 30yos who aren’t going to command a spot.

I agree with all you say, I just get annoyed when people use "he ain't best 22" as a justification to delist, it is what builds a club to never succeed as it takes more than best 22 to win the bloody thing.

Not sure if posted here already, but is there a chance that he never really got back to full fitness after his injury (and isn’t likely to)?

Yes he was played out of position in his last couple of games, but with the exception of his first game back looked completely lost.

Don’t get me wrong I’m as disappointed as everyone else which is why I’m wondering if there was something else driving the decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange comment. He was the only consistent target up forward all year. Most contested marks in our team? Is it because he is a recycled player that people don't rate him? 27 y/o too old?

Strange comment. He was the only consistent target up forward all year. Most contested marks in our team? Is it because he is a recycled player that people don't rate him? 27 y/o too old?

Huh? Which part of "he certainly earned a new contract" suggests I don't rate him? I'm pretty sure that you realise most FA's are 27 or over, so are you suggesting that people on this board don't rate FA's at all? I think you're misreading the sentiment.

I'm surprised that you identify as a positive ("only consistent target up forward all year") a person who kicked 3.3 for the season.

Perhaps you missed my follow up post, which acknowledges the marks (as did the post you quoted) in context.

Fair call, that was part of what I was referring to in terms of his limitations becoming apparent. Looked really good early when he was holding them all, but it then became sporadic.

Still hope he leaves it there and doesn't chase the dragon.

He has a lot going for him and not sure the hype that will follow him if he lands anywhere else will justify the off-field toll. Hope I'm wrong.

All signs point to him trying to get on a list so not sure any objecting voices are going to win out anyway.

Could be the worst football article I've ever read .....

🤦‍♂️

Had a feeling someone would be so callous enough to sink the boots in.

The club doesn't owe the world to players forever. I think the club did a world of goodwill to get Maj to even be able to play again.

Had a feeling someone would be so callous enough to sink the boots in.

The club doesn't owe the world to players forever. I think the club did a world of goodwill to get Maj to even be able to play again.

The only guy who could've justified sympathy articles was MacMillan as a 150+ game player, club leader and someone who was playing decent footy before leaving for personal reasons.

The only guy who could've justified sympathy articles was MacMillan as a 150+ game player, club leader and someone who was playing decent footy before leaving for personal reasons.

J Mac was a great servant of the club but his time was up. As for Maj, if his body is ok then i have no doubt that he will get picked up by another club, even with smaller lists he is great back up.

J Mac was a great servant of the club but his time was up. As for Maj, if his body is ok then i have no doubt that he will get picked up by another club, even with smaller lists he is great back up.

Probably. My point was that Majak got any sympathy articles because of his profile but if any of the delisted players were to justify a sympathy article it was Jamie.

Probably. My point was that Majak got any sympathy articles because of his profile but if any of the delisted players were to justify a sympathy article it was Jamie.

Yep good point. Agree KC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back