Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Majak Daw joins Melbourne mayoral candidate’s leadership team
Former North Melbourne star Majak Daw has turned his attention to politics, joining Melbourne lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian’s campaign to “bring back Melbourne”.
NUI TE KOHA, Herald Sun
Subscriber only
|
October 22, 2020 11:15am
[PLAYERCARD]Majak Daw[/PLAYERCARD] in lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian’s “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook
Majak Daw in lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian’s “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook
Former North Melbourne star Majak Daw has joined Melbourne lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian’s “Bring Back Melbourne” team.
“I really want to make a change in this country and be that bridge between my culture and the Australian culture,” Daw said. “I’m extremely passionate about community projects … and I’m not afraid to voice my opinion on certain things.”
Nightclub king and entrepreneur Russian is running for lord mayor in this month’s City of Melbourne elections.
Mr Russian introduced Daw is a member of his team late on Wednesday.
“Our innovation and leadership team covers everyone that makes up Melbourne’s wider community,” Mr Russian said. “Meet Majak Daw, a key member of our Bring Back Melbourne team.”
In a promotional video for Mr Russian’s campaign, Daw, whose family moved to Australia from war-torn South Sudan as refugees, spoke about the challenges faced by migrants.
[PLAYERCARD]Majak Daw[/PLAYERCARD] in lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian's “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook
Majak Daw in lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian's “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook
He also shared a message to the Sudanese community in his native language, saying: “We are going to bring back Melbourne. Hang in there.”
Daw’s move into local politics follows his recent delisting by North Melbourne.
His return to the AFL this year after his horrific injuries following a fall from the Bolte Bridge in late 2018 was the most inspirational stories of the season.

Majak Daw joins Melbourne mayoral candidate’s leadership team
Former North Melbourne star Majak Daw has turned his attention to politics, joining Melbourne lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian’s campaign to “bring back Melbourne”.
NUI TE KOHA, Herald Sun
Subscriber only
|
October 22, 2020 11:15am
[PLAYERCARD]Majak Daw[/PLAYERCARD] in lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian’s “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook
Majak Daw in lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian’s “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook
Former North Melbourne star Majak Daw has joined Melbourne lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian’s “Bring Back Melbourne” team.
“I really want to make a change in this country and be that bridge between my culture and the Australian culture,” Daw said. “I’m extremely passionate about community projects … and I’m not afraid to voice my opinion on certain things.”
Nightclub king and entrepreneur Russian is running for lord mayor in this month’s City of Melbourne elections.
Mr Russian introduced Daw is a member of his team late on Wednesday.
“Our innovation and leadership team covers everyone that makes up Melbourne’s wider community,” Mr Russian said. “Meet Majak Daw, a key member of our Bring Back Melbourne team.”
In a promotional video for Mr Russian’s campaign, Daw, whose family moved to Australia from war-torn South Sudan as refugees, spoke about the challenges faced by migrants.
[PLAYERCARD]Majak Daw[/PLAYERCARD] in lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian's “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook's “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook
Majak Daw in lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian's “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook
He also shared a message to the Sudanese community in his native language, saying: “We are going to bring back Melbourne. Hang in there.”
Daw’s move into local politics follows his recent delisting by North Melbourne.
His return to the AFL this year after his horrific injuries following a fall from the Bolte Bridge in late 2018 was the most inspirational stories of the season.
His body must have been cooked if no one was willing to take him on through a 1 year deal.
He'll be a gun for hire in the WRFL for the next decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is this Nick Russian fella?

*head. Used to run a s**t nightclub. Aligned with the LNP. He wouldn’t be your cup of tea. Bit surprised he’s Maj’s.

Read more about Nick:

This medley of aspirational lifestyle, personable charm and family values makes Nick the ultimate modern man.
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Remove this Banner Ad

Back