Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Eh, obviously I'm no professional athlete, but as someone who has pinged the string on both legs a number of times playing local footy, I know what they mean by that.

It's kinda hard to explain, but awareness does it well, and I'd be interested to know if others who have torn hammies before have felt the same. For me it was a feeling that something wasn't quite right, but it wasn't necessarily tight either.

When I was less knowledgeable and after I'd only done it once, I felt the 'awareness' at training, but kept training because I thought I was on the verge of getting dropped from the 1s, kept training and sue enough it went about 15 minutes later. Being the adaptable creature I am, every time I got that feeling again after that, which has been a number of times, I eased off.

Take it with some salt or whatever as an amateur sporting experience, but I personally understand the use of that term.

Same deal with my quad. It's a repeat offender and every time I become "aware" of it I know I'm in for a ping very bloody soon.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As it stands and probably hasn't been discussed is he's made a 100% recovery. So whether he gets a game this year or not isn't really that important....

we look to be picking up a intercepting KP back next year for nothing. Said it before Bruce aint kicking near six goals with Majak in the side and anyone other KPF who thinks he'll be clunking them next year against us is going to be disappointed

Dickhead!:)

Apparently the mental demons surrounding whether he could get back are gone and this injury was due to lack of conditioning and not accident related. :thumbsu:

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Eh, obviously I'm no professional athlete, but as someone who has pinged the string on both legs a number of times playing local footy, I know what they mean by that.

It's kinda hard to explain, but awareness does it well, and I'd be interested to know if others who have torn hammies before have felt the same. For me it was a feeling that something wasn't quite right, but it wasn't necessarily tight either.

When I was less knowledgeable and after I'd only done it once, I felt the 'awareness' at training, but kept training because I thought I was on the verge of getting dropped from the 1s, kept training and sue enough it went about 15 minutes later. Being the adaptable creature I am, every time I got that feeling again after that, which has been a number of times, I eased off.

Take it with some salt or whatever as an amateur sporting experience, but I personally understand the use of that term.
Can confirm I had similar symptoms when I played juniors. Trained, felt tightness at some extensions of my left leg when long kicking to a target, was aware and played on regardless. Fast forward to game day, pinged in warm up and played out the game (due to low numbers) only to ice it til a ultrasound the next day. Playing on made the injury worse. Went from a 1-2 week slight strain to a torn hamstring that was over-worked.

3-4 weeks on the sidelines. Actually made it back for finals but had to play with a bit of deep heat applied just to numb the annoying slight pain.

Hamstrings are the worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to journey to Arden St early this morning and had a gander across the road to see if anything was happening at our “Elite Training Facility”. Nek minnet, one player appears on the track doing solo run throughs......... none other than Maj.

No VFL or AFL games for him to train for. Just rehab preparation for a huge preseason ahead. What a great sign!

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
For what it's worth saw this posted on North Melbourne's private forum, seems like the admiration is mutual TT:

Majak Daw said:
Had to journey to Arden St early this morning and had a gander across the road to see if anything was happening at our “Elite Training Facility”. Nek minnet, one supporter appears on the track doing solo run throughs......... none other than Twinkletoes.

No car key parties or swinger events for him to train for. Just rehab preparation for a huge budgie smuggler beach season ahead. What a great sign!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Had to journey to Arden St early this morning and had a gander across the road to see if anything was happening at our “Elite Training Facility”. Nek minnet, one player appears on the track doing solo run throughs......... none other than Maj.

No VFL or AFL games for him to train for. Just rehab preparation for a huge preseason ahead. What a great sign!

Excellent.

Head down & arse up Maj.

FOCUS is your post season mantra.

Focus on training and your personal life, and stay away from all the bullshit mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back