Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Negativity? I'm praising the medical professionals who save lives and probably saved Majak's life, stealing their credit and giving it to magic is an insult.

People who dedicate their lives to helping others deserve all the credit they get.
Wow you're just a real popular guy aren't you? Why do you even bother posting if you're just going to hijack threads and post strawman bs arguments. How bout you piss off

Pardon the interruption. It was terrific to read Maj's note. Seems the bloke is making really solid progress which is great for him, his mates, family, your Club and the broader footy community.

Last year Majak and Allir provided a terrific old fashioned contest where they played on each most of the game. Together their contest provided a highlights reel that footy fans really enjoyed, beyond both our Clubs.

Hopefully we will see more such contests between the two blokes.

Just clearing out the PVR and came across the Sunday Footy Show recording of the morning after the Dogs last minute win

Maj was on the panel and as per usual was his dry humoured humble self talking about his career and some of the highlights the night before..that last minute twist and spoil in the last 2 minutes and that blind side tackle.

Just clearing out the PVR and came across the Sunday Footy Show recording of the morning after the Dogs last minute win

Maj was on the panel and as per usual was his dry humoured humble self talking about his career and some of the highlights the night before..that last minute twist and spoil in the last 2 minutes and that blind side tackle.
Maj's last quarter in that game was phenomenal.
That was the Multicultural Round too, BTW.

Good news....

I can report second hand that Maj was spotted walking his local shopping area today & all he required for support was a single crutch.
Progress sounds good. I frequent this same shopping centre for lunch & was advised by one of the shop owners.

Good news....

I can report second hand that Maj was spotted walking his local shopping area today & all he required for support was a single crutch.
Progress sounds good. I frequent this same shopping centre for lunch & was advised by one of the shop owners.
Hard to confuse him with anyone else, to be honest, so hope this is true. If so, unbelievable. Superhuman/very lucky/bit of both to be on his feet again already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news....

Amazing. Let's all continue to send positive vibes.

Hard to confuse him with anyone else, to be honest, so hope this is true. If so, unbelievable. Superhuman/very lucky/bit of both to be on his feet again already.
Coulda been anyone with a chupa chup :)
1548143345408.png

Good news....

I’m desperate to believe this to be true but they were reporting it would be 8 weeks before he was walking.

So I’m thinking it could be a wrong sighting but I’d love to hear any follow-up reports and if we can confirm it, it’s close to being a miracle turn around.

Here’s for hoping and thanks for the report!

I’m desperate to believe this to be true but they were reporting it would be 8 weeks before he was walking.

So I’m thinking it could be a wrong sighting but I’d love to hear any follow-up reports and if we can confirm it, it’s close to being a miracle turn around.

I could be wrong, but wasn't it 8 weeks until he was walking unaided?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

It takes 4 weeks for the bone to form a soft goo type substance around the broken bones and three months to fully harden.

If he has multiple breaks, I don't think you would be pushing the relatively fragile bone structures at multiple points to go to the shops even though professional sporting clubs tend to be 50% quicker on the rehab than standard.

Good news....

Hi y'all, I felt it necessary to jump on and provide an update on what is clearly a situation that no North fans in the wildest dreams could have imagined happening. Take of the below what you will.

As the 'acurate one' not sure why there's a bloody red line under acurate? Anyways I suppose the internet is wrong from time to time!

Maj returned to the club on one crutch, so a sighting of him on one crutch isn't surprising. He has started his rehab at the club and will be playing at some stage later this season. Was bloody lucky, a foot to the left or a foot to the right and he wouldn't be with us. Ponder that.'They' say his physical strength and fitness is why he's already up and about. Majak is a pragmatic dude so has put it behind him.

Others have already said most of what I am about to post here. But I have heard from third hand from a "source close to the club" that Majak is now doing very well indeed. I have listed below some of the info I got which I think it is ok for me to pass on*.

1) Lucky Maj is the athlete he is. Most others would not have survived that fall. So much so that when the Emergency Services fished Maj out of the river alive and conscious they did not believe he was the person who had been reported to them as jumping from the Bolte Bridge. They kept searching for another "body" for a couple of hours apparently. This delayed information getting back to people who had been with Maj when he jumped. Too their distress.

2) Again because of his fitness/physique or that he was very very lucky he only suffered three very clean breaks to his pelvis and cut to his head. The nature of the pelvis breaks is such that, fingers crossed, the healing should go well.

3) They wanted to do the surgery they did on Maj 24 hours before they actually did it. Hopefully that does not affect his recovery too much. Issues with the permission required to do the surgery apparently as Maj himself was not allowed to give permission due to his assumed mental state.

4) He has now been back at the club for over a week and has met all the players and staff. Seems to be in a very good place both mentally and physically. All things considered.

5) Apparently all AFL players are required every 2 weeks to see a club psychologist. Maj no different. But of course, there is no obligation for that psychologist to tell Club what they know or have been told. Patient confidentiality and all that. Club was therefore unaware of the issues that have now become apparent. They were all in complete shock on the day (like everyone else I guess) after it happened.

6) The reports that possibly a drug like Stillnox maybe involved are apparently incorrect.

7) Maj has apparently spoken of some of the reasons he did what he did. Multiple issues mentioned. I am not going to pass on any of that info except to say if it was possible for me to hate Dutton/Morrison any more than I previously did, then I do.

*Mods. You maybe more aware of what can or can't be reported about Maj on BigFooty than I . Please delete anything that is inappropriate.

Others have already said most of what I am about to post here. But I have heard from third hand from a "source close to the club" that Majak is now doing very well indeed. I have listed below some of the info I got which I think it is ok for me to pass on*.

1) Lucky Maj is the athlete he is. Most others would not have survived that fall. So much so that when the Emergency Services fished Maj out of the river alive and conscious they did not believe he was the person who had been reported to them as jumping from the Bolte Bridge. They kept searching for another "body" for a couple of hours apparently. This delayed information getting back to people who had been with Maj when he jumped. Too their distress.

2) Again because of his fitness/physique or that he was very very lucky he only suffered three very clean breaks to his pelvis and cut to his head. The nature of the pelvis breaks is such that, fingers crossed, the healing should go well.

3) They wanted to do the surgery they did on Maj 24 hours before they actually did it. Hopefully that does not affect his recovery too much. Issues with the permission required to do the surgery apparently as Maj himself was not allowed to give permission due to his assumed mental state.

4) He has now been back at the club for over a week and has met all the players and staff. Seems to be in a very good place both mentally and physically. All things considered.

5) Apparently all AFL players are required every 2 weeks to see a club psychologist. Maj no different. But of course, there is no obligation for that psychologist to tell Club what they know or have been told. Patient confidentiality and all that. Club was therefore unaware of the issues that have now become apparent. They were all in complete shock on the day (like everyone else I guess) after it happened.

6) The reports that possibly a drug like Stillnox maybe involved are apparently incorrect.

7) Maj has apparently spoken of some of the reasons he did what he did. Multiple issues mentioned. I am not going to pass on any of that info except to say if it was possible for me to hate Dutton/Morrison any more than I previously did, then I do.

*Mods. You maybe more aware of what can or can't be reported about Maj on BigFooty than I . Please delete anything that is inappropriate.
Such good news.

reports that possibly a drug like Stillnox maybe involved are apparently incorrect.
And the reporter who wrote about this as if it were an indisputable fact. Why would you say that in a news report you creep (chip le grande)?

Dutton...

Morrison...

Vile people.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back