Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello people

Good to read Majak's on the mend, i hope it sparks a bigger conversation about mental health in our society

Had a question, i've never heard of a broken hip for a footballer that i can remember; how long will that as a physical injury take to heal? would you expect him to be physically ready for round 1, 2020?

It's a hell of an injury to overcome, and I I understand it, he has to deal with a broken pelvis (which is supposed to be excruciatingly painful) and a bigger issue to overcome.

Hip issues ended the career of 1970's North centreman John Byrne, and it ended Dermott Brereton's career also.

As for a return to AFL, it's a nice goal to set for his rehab, but I reckon he has no chance of making it, and personally I don't want to see him used again as a pin up boy for something else (mental health), which is surely what will happen if he stays in the AFL public spotlight.

It would be great if he could run out for his local club again one day, and I hope every effort is made to assist him with a future career to help him move forward.

Hello people

Good to read Majak's on the mend, i hope it sparks a bigger conversation about mental health in our society

Had a question, i've never heard of a broken hip for a footballer that i can remember; how long will that as a physical injury take to heal? would you expect him to be physically ready for round 1, 2020?

There is a “broken hip” and an injury to a hip from falling from a cray crazy height. Without an actual assessment or report this could be anything from s fracture to a massive crush injury.

Amazing to hear he is up walking which fills me with hope!!!

I’m sure we all have a small piece of us wishing and praying for a farytale story!!!

His story so far is against the odds so none of should write off a miracle comeback - potentially one of the greatest ever.

But it’s a massive journey - 2020- 2021, until he walks out snd let’s us know his real condition and dreams for the future who knows

But what a great post earlier saying he is some what mobile and has mentioned football already! A promising start!!’

I am preying - though not a religious type - with all of you!!!

Cheers to miracles!

Maj - we are with you every painful step!

Last edited:
Try as hard as I did, I never played a single game at the senior level and my hips were never busted. I just hope that in the likelihood that Maj never plays again, the AFL gives him a job supporting other players that need it. This should never happen to any AFL player again, ever.

The Hun's treatment of the young Vic bat Will P called up yesterday and his mental health demonstrates they've learned nothing from the Majak experience.

Possibly. Was he particularly public about his experience though? He spoke openly about it in the TV clip I saw.

Possibly. Was he particularly public about his experience though? He spoke openly about it in the TV clip I saw.

He was, but one of the Hun pieces yesterday really played on it like "Vic mental health teen bat gets Test nod"

He was, but one of the Hun pieces yesterday really played on it like "Vic mental health teen bat gets Test nod"
Journalism is a dying industry. Media Websites are driven by subscription numbers only, if an article doesn't lead to a new subscription then it is deemed to be a failure, a waste of time and money. So how does a media website increase subscriptions? By writing extreme (either left or right) and/or controversial articles. I know here in Adelaide the Advertiser is almost made up of more messenger articles than it is of Advertiser articles. The Messengers is paying teenagers and cadets a lot less than the Advertiser Journalists. There are some online sites that pay teenagers $50 to rewrite existing articles (after a 2 hour time limit)written by quality journalists. They use all the same quotes, but just reword the actual article. The cant however use any of the same photo's.

The result of all this is the masses are receiving and reading absolute trash, and they are influenced by it!

Journalism is a dying industry. Media Websites are driven by subscription numbers only, if an article doesn't lead to a new subscription then it is deemed to be a failure, a waste of time and money. So how does a media website increase subscriptions? By writing extreme (either left or right) and/or controversial articles. I know here in Adelaide the Advertiser is almost made up of more messenger articles than it is of Advertiser articles. The Messengers is paying teenagers and cadets a lot less than the Advertiser Journalists. There are some online sites that pay teenagers $50 to rewrite existing articles (after a 2 hour time limit)written by quality journalists. They use all the same quotes, but just reword the actual article. The cant however use any of the same photo's.

The result of all this is the masses are receiving and reading absolute trash, and they are influenced by it!
Pretty soon they will be rewriting histories to match current thought. Georgie Orwell was right all the time

Haven't followed the thread since but hope the guy is doing well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maj is now in rehab. Good progression by the sound of things.

Catching up after a few weeks away (with the pixies), and just wanted to say thanks very much for providing these reports, B2B. Greatly appreciated.

And may 2019 bring only good and positive things for our beloved North brother, Maj.

Catching up after a few weeks away (with the pixies), and just wanted to say thanks very much for providing these reports, B2B. Greatly appreciated.

And may 2019 bring only good and positive things for our beloved North brother, Maj.
Cheers, TOD. I don't like to pry into Maj's recovery, but knowing there is a lot of support coming from the North family has been welcomed by Maj's family and friends. And at the same time, there is still a lot of confusion in the community as to how to respond to this situation so we have been having many conversations so I get word of Maj's recuperation through this. I'm glad it is welcome and I too have been appreciative of the updates of Filthy, gokangas, and Ball Dont Lie.

It will be good to know how the club has been managing this with the playing group, especially now they are back at Arden St.

Cheers, TOD. I don't like to pry into Maj's recovery, but knowing there is a lot of support coming from the North family has been welcomed by Maj's family and friends. And at the same time, there is still a lot of confusion in the community as to how to respond to this situation so we have been having many conversations so I get word of Maj's recuperation through this. I'm glad it is welcome and I too have been appreciative of the updates of Filthy, gokangas, and Ball Dont Lie.

It will be good to know how the club has been managing this with the playing group, especially now they are back at Arden St.

I am sure the club has had the psychology department involved pretty heavily. But I don't think we will get much out of the Roos about this as they seem pretty gun shy commenting on this.

Thanks for your info as well, I don't want sordid details but just like knowing how Maj is going and while I would love him to play again, just happy to know he will be able to walk somewhat for the rest of his life.

Away with the pixies or away with The Pixies?

Column A, Column B, and the heretofore unmentioned Column C.

pixies.jpg

Shirley this was written (with the assistance of time-travel) about Maj.....

P.S. For the record, I'm reading the "Paul" bit as potentially-misleading Ahern reference.

Pretty soon they will be rewriting histories to match current thought. Georgie Orwell was right all the time

If you put Orwell and Huxley's prophetic work in a blender you'd end with something that approximates our current society.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back