Player Watch #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - recommenced outside running and expecting a Baby Daw (10/4/19)

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Thread starter Moderator #1
Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

domiroo

It’s a big kick it’s long kick it’s a goal .....
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Catanzaro / Manchester City
Gotta persist until there is another option - agree. But I have no faith now. The lad has no football smarts. Don't hate him. Don't wish him anything bad. Hope he proves me wrong and I will be the first to stand and applaud. But, I think the experiment has failed. Good try, but nup.
You're not serious are you ...

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Thread starter Moderator #7
trying to recall if they have ever played him down back prior to this year.....arguably the most comfortable he has looked...come this far..persist
He dropped back a little bit against Carlton circa 2014 I think but was more freewheeling around taking marks where he felt like.

This is a much more defined role.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MVFC, Storm, Everton, Socceroos
Moderator #9
He dropped back a little bit against Carlton circa 2014 I think but I suspect it was because he was lost and mistakenly thinking he was on the forward line.

This is a much more defined role.
EFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did that to maj after the hit too, not in that gif Koshari posted a page back. I don't think Maj nnoticed but can't remember for sure.
Yep, ran after him and punched him in the rib cage from behind, the creep. Maj didn't even break stride, or look back. T'was kinda awesome.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Titty Bong two's
trying to recall if they have ever played him down back prior to this year.....arguably the most comfortable he has looked...come this far..persist

Is getting very well coached/supported by the likes of Marley, Tarrant and Thommo on field, they're all enjoying him down back with them. And they're starting to have confidence in his ability to get the job done. :thumbsu:

Could be a hell of a long year for those that hate.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
New York Yankees
Is getting very well coached/supported by the likes of Marley, Tarrant and Thommo on field, they're all enjoying him down back with them. And they're starting to have confidence in his ability to get the job done. :thumbsu:

Exactly - BS would have consulted the other established players in the backline about introducing Maj into the mix and those players obviously supported the move - the key now is to continue with this move for a series of games - even if there is the odd poor game by Maj.

Rooboy 96

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I'm feeling for Pot Kettle Black already

Devington

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Genuinely surprised at how at home he looks in the back line. Would love to find out the mechanics of it and what his instructions are. Seriously looks like we're just organised as shit and he knows when to go and when not to, and then his raw athleticism and power does the rest. Organisation aside though, today he genuinely looked like a defender. He did the marks and the spoils, some time one on one, and worked with the backline moving the ball around very well. Still very new down the back to. He's always had so much untapped upside, and I'm scared to allow myself to start hoping again we might still see it.

Genuinely proud of today's performance.

Top Bottom