Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey lads. Gotta say - teared up a bit watching that vid. Going through my own mental health stuff at the moment so it's really inspiring. I hope to see him back out there soon (though preferably after Round 15 ).

Take care of yourselves/each other.
Hey mate, if you need a chat, drop into our mental health thread, no judgement from anyone.

It's pinned at the top of our board.

I can tell you from the pit of hell, there is always a light of hope.

Majak gives inspiration where sometimes none can be found.

The smile of that big mans face is everything.

June? No way. Is that Robbo's call or what he's been told?

What he’s been told. Apparently Maj has set his sights on a June return and, as is clearly evident in the clip, he’s working hard towards that goal. Something to aim for. Not sure if he’ll make it back by then but I have no doubt whatsoever he’ll give it his best shot.

Absolutely loved that clip!

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When you bring the whole football world together with one inspiring video, it has such a positive effect on everyone involved. Majak is inspiring people in his position and is so determined. The walk and gradual jog, wow. So symbolic for victims to draw motivation and see the positive side.

Go Maj!

Where there's light there's hope, and Maj, you are the light. No matter what happens on the field this year, you have shone like a beacon. No, even better than a beacon - you have shone like a wish upon a star.

Oh my god. So many tears watching that. His smile! And the way he just looks like he's in the groove jogging, so relaxed in his body, and in his whole self. His whole self. Love you Maj. I usually hate mornings, but not this one. :heart:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to put any expectations on him, but I can say here and now that if/when Maj does return to the footy field, it would eclipse the Jason McCartney return for me.

That's how special it would be.

I think as much as everyone here seems to be praising Maj, and that's great, but I would praise the way the club is handling it, and the way the playing group has embraced him and are supporting him. That is what is helping him to get over his issues and the injuries. The clip could have simply contained Maj running on the treadmill, and that would be fine. But the reaction of the playing group is the key here. Both inspiring Maj himself, as well as the entire football world.

Well done to the club and players.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think as much as everyone here seems to be praising Maj, and that's great, but I would praise the way the club is handling it, and the way the playing group has embraced him and are supporting him. That is what is helping him to get over his issues and the injuries. The clip could have simply contained Maj running on the treadmill, and that would be fine. But the reaction of the playing group is the key here. Both inspiring Maj himself, as well as the entire football world.

Well done to the club and players.
Totally agree, whilst amazed and ecstatic about Maj's continued improvement, the reaction from the staff and his team mates was more than special. All for one guys!

king rising

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That footage is spine tingling. Absolutely lifts you doesn’t it... Majak I hope knows now that every supporter has his back and that there are avenues to help when he is down in the dumps. Just a very pleasing video to watch, brings a smile to your face

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Beautiful moment for Maj and the club. The South Sudanese community is very much with him on this journey too after struggling with how to respond initially following the incident. No doubt Maj is still dealing with many issues, but like Event Horizon said, this video tells plenty about how impressive the club has been in supporting Maj and the playing group through this.

To see him run out onto the field again this year would become another of the club's special chapters. But his hunger to be playing by June, in itself, is brilliant.

More of that smile Maj...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back