Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

ansonholt

Premiership Player
May 12, 2009
All in Sunbury
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My guess is that he's smiling because of the immense amount of support and love he would have received from players, coaches, staff and fans, not to mention family. We all expressed our feelings here and continue to do so, but despite all of that, it is still incredible to see him out there and smiling. It's the best North story since 2003.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Given our history with rehabilitation of injuries generally, where we take a cautious approach, surely playing this year isn't even a consideration (if ever)?

It's heart-warming to see him don the kit for the team photo and to still be part of the team, but personally I would want to know he's FULLY recovered physically and mentally. It's no small thing, given what's happened (psychologically) and what's needed (physically, given the sport and how he plays it.)

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One extra thing,
Given our history with rehabilitation of injuries generally, where we take a cautious approach, surely playing this year isn't even a consideration (if ever)?

It's heart-warming to see him don the kit for the team photo and to still be part of the team, but personally I would want to know he's FULLY recovered physically and mentally. It's no small thing, given what's happened (psychologically) and what's needed (physically, given the sport and how he plays it.)

I think they would dot the i's 30 times and cross the T's 40 before letting him out there.

Having said that, looking at just the news footage, he seems to be good structurally which means that it all comes down to the loading. Having just broken a shoulder 4 months ago, my range of motion is about 80-85% and I am starting strength work with almost no residual pain. As my surgeon said though, professional athletes start the strength training almost the same week they get surgery so it isn't a stretch for me to think that my the end of March he would be well and truly in his strength training. Running is probably the big unknown for me, quite a bit of force every step.

Dec 31, 2015
Santiago, Chile
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thought I'd chuck in the 2c of my partner who is a doctor over here in Chile.

If the break was clean (which it appears to have been given he is walking so soon afterwards) then from a purely physical perspective there is nothing to stop a return for an elite athlete from a broken hip

That said, right off the bat we should be thinking 12 months.

If Maj plays again, the probability is that it will be next season, but who knows what this man can achieve!

Happy Monday

Praise Maj!

I'm not easily shocked, but to see him back at the club, smiling away with those action-figure muscles bulging and - most importantly - walking unaided, is truly a miraculous thing to see. Just incredible. Couldn't feel more elated for him.

A few common-sense types have (rightly) pointed out that Maj's mental health is the first and greatest priority (which it is), and that people should perhaps temper their expectations a little with regards to his physical rehabilitation (which they should).

Saying that, I've just had a lazy $50 on Maj to win the 2019 Norm Smith and Grand Final Sprint double.

This is no ordinary human being. (But then we knew that.)

I got to thinking today that if we win the flag and he is in the side, guess who receives the medal first. What a roar that would be from the crowd.

Praise Maj!

I'm not easily shocked, but to see him back at the club, smiling away with those action-figure muscles bulging and - most importantly - walking unaided, is truly a miraculous thing to see. Just incredible. Couldn't feel more elated for him.

A few common-sense types have (rightly) pointed out that Maj's mental health is the first and greatest priority (which it is), and that people should perhaps temper their expectations a little with regards to his physical rehabilitation (which they should).

Saying that, I've just had a lazy $50 on Maj to win the 2019 Norm Smith and Grand Final Sprint double.

This is no ordinary human being. (But then we knew that.)

TOD can a player playing in the gf participate in the sprint?

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
ADD355EB-1830-46B9-A70F-9E1227DD29DC.jpeg

That huge smile and bicep!!

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Any updates on the big fella. Someone, not associated at all with the cub, told me he was in full training yesterday.
Well he was getting coffee with Luke and Tay Tay yesterday....probably constitutes full training.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Back