Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to put any expectations on him, but I can say here and now that if/when Maj does return to the footy field, it would eclipse the Jason McCartney return for me.

That's how special it would be.
Agreed. Geez I hope he makes it back. First game, start him on the bench. When he’s at the interchange gate about to come on, the applause to welcome him back would be thunderous.

Thoughts and heart go out to Majak and all impacted.

Like many, the news has had me rattled all day. Again like many others, it's brought up a lot of feelings we've experienced personally or been close to.
It truly is hard to reach out for help.

From my experience (can't speak for all), the words and support shown here and online today DO make a difference.

This thread has been a wee glimmer on an otherwise gloomy day.

This world still has beauty, lets try keep that going. Much love to all of you.
Hey mate
You interested in playing Fantasy this year?

Some posters cant see message notifications so replying to a thread with their last post will trigger a response
Sorry, Il delete the post once I get their attention

Settle
Pretty sure it was a joke Tazaa. You know, you two and your ‘fantasies’!

Still can’t believe the effort and desire the team turned up with on the weekend.

Considering the circumstances of what happened to Maj over the break I thought the players would’ve really been up for the fight.

If maj’s circumstances didn’t inspire and galvanise the playing group I’m not sure they have what it takes.

Still can’t believe the effort and desire the team turned up with on the weekend.

Considering the circumstances of what happened to Maj over the break I thought the players would’ve really been up for the fight.

If maj’s circumstances didn’t inspire and galvanise the playing group I’m not sure they have what it takes.
I wonder if its worked in reverse and sapped the energy out of the place

I said it at the time that this group doesnt have a mental resolve and seeing Majak suffer silently was going to show that there is more to life than footy.
And thats true. But with Brads philosophy about making outstanding young men out of the players he coaches - they literally played like there is more to life than footy on the weekend.

THIS!

But with Brads philosophy about making outstanding young men out of the players he coaches - they literally played like there is more to life than footy on the weekend.

If the coaches ultimate role in life is to gain an Order of Australia for community services, then let him do it somewhere else.

Our club has lost it's path, and it needs radical correction.

I said it at the time that this group doesnt have a mental resolve and seeing Majak suffer silently was going to show that there is more to life than footy.
And thats true. But with Brads philosophy about making outstanding young men out of the players he coaches - they literally played like there is more to life than footy on the weekend.

Lake.jpg

1553643888351.png

Column A) Premiership stars - s**t blokes

1553644007500.png
Column B) Outstanding men - Average era

With as much shame as possible I will remember the Column A blokes much more fondly and its because of the ultimate success. In the same way Duck is still my hero irregardless of how he nearly destroyed the club, even if the evidence says he did.

That’s a fantastic post Tazaa. Really think you’ve hit the nail on the head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok while on this sidetrack, if you do want to exert large social influence in areas you choose for positive change - be as successful in your bread and butter as you possibly can first.

People like Roger Federer or Novak Djokovic can click their fingers and direct huge money and attention to causes they support because they are first and foremost CHAMPIONS.

Had they set out just concentrating on their charitable interest but never being single minded driven enough to rise about 50 in the world no person or corporation would give 2 *s about their altruistic pursuits.

That whole s**t blokes vs new age snowflakes theory falls apart if you apply the same standards to both groups. Column A were the best list in the League by far and should have won 4 flags between 1993 and 2000. They failed to live up to their potential but Column B overachieved in 2015 and 16.

ok, so it sounds like we're moving from how a traumatic event like a close friend and colleague attempting to and almost successfully killing himself COULD have effected the group, which isn't clear and not something we could know from the outside. Moving from that to "and it's Brad Scott's fault for being too soft on them". As if an effective response to a traumatic experience is not to talk about it, to only focus on your job and nothing else, that doing anything other than that promotes weakness and inability (what with all these "life outside of football" accusations).

It's always kind of funny how people will consider themselves a reasonable person, that wouldn't deny endlessly researched based positions, then when it comes to mental health they reckon they wrote the book. That no expert is going to tell them how it works. Here's a clue, that's a ******* stupid idea. If nothing else it would guarantee to * their s**t up worse, and guess what? Job performance would be first off the block.

AND LET'S NOT FORGET that maybe this team actually just played like crap. That occasionally you'll hit a perfect storm of crap and get done. They just aren't as good as the other team pictured and it has absolutely nothing to do with being a s**t bloke or a coach giving two shits about anything post-football.

View attachment 642731

View attachment 642734

With as much shame as possible I will remember the Column A blokes much more fondly and its because of the ultimate success. In the same way Duck is still my hero irregardless of how he nearly destroyed the club, even if the evidence says he did.
We just need blokes with White line fever. JZ and Cunners seem like good blokes, but more than happy to slap blokes around on the field.

View attachment 642731

View attachment 642734

I'll take 2 dozen s**t campaigners thanks.:thumbsu:

They actually win.

We just need blokes with White line fever. JZ and Cunners seem like good blokes, but more than happy to slap blokes around on the field.

Cunners got plenty of criticism for allegedly punching Wilson but at least he showed some displeasure.

Cunners got plenty of criticism for allegedly punching Wilson but at least he showed some displeasure.
Im happy with him to keep doing it, just not so obviously from now on.

Everyone is having a sook that Max Gawn copped a few bumps. imagine players companin about that in the 90's

Im happy with him to keep doing it, just not so obviously from now on.

Everyone is having a sook that Max Gawn copped a few bumps. imagine players companin about that in the 90's

Wayne Carey playing today would have kicked 150 goals at his peak in a season

Instead he had the greatest likes of SoS scragging him every fricking week

s**t bloke though

View attachment 642731

View attachment 642734

Column A is a dodgy representation of

A. Premiership players

B. s**t blokes (I can see one and possibly a half s**t blokes)

So who was marking balls while hopping at training today and had everyone in disbelief of the strength and character of this bloke.

Is closer than we image and apparently it is now realised how much we miss him and his value to us on field. ( rolls *in eyes)
Without giving anything away he's had some awesome news as is extremely content, happy, excited by life outside of footy, which of course is just ******* brilliant!!

Go Maj:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back