Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said :thumbsu:

With his ability to clunk a contested grab ( 14th in the League) coupled with his closing speed (probably number 1 in the League) you are correct. yes he gave away a couple of silly frees.

But extrapolating his game yesterday across a full season would mean.....

66 goals 44 behinds, 132 marks, (44 of them contested) 220 disposals & 88 tackles. 44 frees for 44 frees against, 200 odd hitouts . I think we should view his games for what they are, every player has moments where their decision making may not have been correct.

Look, I understand where you are coming from - I've been following this thread over the last couple of months and shaking my head in frustration as no doubt you were. Please don't take my comments as being in that vein.

I like Maj, always have, he's the most exciting player we've had in years. But * me can do some dumb things. Not your usual dumb things, but almost impressively unique dumb things.

All I'm saying is that is what he got from him yesterday. Across the season however the dumb things have by and large been left in the locker room and he's been great - dependable even, which is some I thought I'd never say about him.

Pretty sure he ran down Phillips in the same play that he gave up that ridiculous 50 manning the kick in, for example.

And the fact that he did that shows he wants to be out there and it means something to him. Maybe a few of the others who coughed up the ball yesterday or who went missing...pretty sure I don't have to name them, could take a leaf out of his book. He has had to work damn hard to get a spot and he knows it. Others are gifted a spot despite being Cr@p, which isn't fair at all

Was i correct in hearing that the 50m penalty v Maj manning the kick in was because he took off at the whistle, and Margetts stipulated that he had not officially called "play on" ? if true, very stiff

My mate who came to the game with me asked me this. "Doesn't the whistle mean play on?" All I could say was I sure thought it meant play on.

cheetah-vs-the-antelope-1.gif

Was i correct in hearing that the 50m penalty v Maj manning the kick in was because he took off at the whistle, and Margetts stipulated that he had not officially called "play on" ? if true, very stiff

You are correct.

Seems the ump was a bit precious.

My mate who came to the game with me asked me this. "Doesn't the whistle mean play on?" All I could say was I sure thought it meant play on.
The stupid way it is managed now is that the umpire says move it on to the player with the ball, but only when he says play on can the opposition come in. If the opposition moves over the mark after the move it on call but before the play on call, its 50. Been that way for a few years.

The stupid way it is managed now is that the umpire says move it on to the player with the ball, but only when he says play on can the opposition come in. If the opposition moves over the mark after the move it on call but before the play on call, its 50. Been that way for a few years.
So, should the whistle be blown before or after the play on call ? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking more and more confident. Been influential again today

yeah is now comfortable at this level. Was great down back, but I hope McKay comes in and release's Maj fwd. Brown needs assistance that Wood can't give. Maj's closing speed on the contest coupled with his leap and hands makes him worth his weight in gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back