Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

‘Duty of care’.

The biggest load of s**t to pervade the game.

Society.

Created the nanny state and the army of parasitical bureaucrats that latched on to it.

Society.

Created the nanny state and the army of parasitical bureaucrats that latched on to it.
I've had parents and teachers ask me to speak to my son about soccer at lunch time. Apparently he kicks it too hard, runs too fast and is banned from kicking a goal as a goalie from the other end.

How do I explain to my 7 yo (8 this year) to tone it down????

Imagine going home to your dad as a kid and complain about the kick being too hard???

I'm a teacher at said school so kinda awkward too.

I've had parents and teachers ask me to speak to my son about soccer at lunch time. Apparently he kicks it too hard, runs too fast and is banned from kicking a goal as a goalie from the other end.

Imagine going home to your dad as a kid and complain about the kick being too hard???

I once got in a punch-on at primary school with a kid who used to try and punch-on with all the other kids. Nothing major, all over in a minute, but stood out for me cos I never really got into fights.

Teachers called parents, blah blah blah.

Mum and Dad told the teachers they'd talk to me, physical reactions aren't on, one sir two sir three bags full sir...

That night when Dad got home first thing he did was pull me aside and said:

"The next time that that kid tries anything with you or anyone else, ******* knuckle the campaigner."

But you should probably tell your lad to ease up. Otherwise the other kids will never make it to the Premier League.

I once got in a punch-on at primary school with a kid who used to try and punch-on with all the other kids. Nothing major, all over in a minute, but stood out for me cos I never really got into fights.

Teachers called parents, blah blah blah.

Mum and Dad told the teachers they'd talk to me, physical reactions aren't on, one sir two sir three bags full sir...

"The next time that that kid tries anything with you or anyone else, ******* knuckle the campaigner."

But you should probably tell your lad to ease up. Otherwise the other kids will never make it to the Premier League.
Can you all imagine the chat I had with him at home? hahaha

He hurt a grade 5 kid last week (one of my students) jumped straight into him from the side and marked the ball. Best mark he's ever taken. Was waiting for a call from a parent. Nanny state in hyperdrive.

Last year 2 dads had a go at me because I used my boy in a drill to show them what I wanted for inter-school sport. I tried it with my year 6ers but none could catch or hit a target. They felt I killed their boy's confidence. Can't win. Fair to say our team/school didn't win a game.

Maj, don't listen to the campaigners, smash em legally and make em look over their shoulder whenever the ball is near.

They would umpire him out of existence in the same manner they curbed Ziebell.
Except maj is something of an AFL poster boy... they don't get umpired out of existence.

Take A Goodes for example.

There's polite society..................and then there's reality.

Laws of nature >>>>>> laws of man.

Except maj is something of an AFL poster boy... they don't get umpired out of existence.

Take A Goodes for example.

There might be a little bit of grace extended toward Majak on politically correct grounds, but if he launched at blokes the way Jack did, then careers could very well be ended...............so I figure they would ultimately address it.

Unbelievable.

Then they wonder why 20 somethings are collapsing as nervous wrecks because life is to hard for them.

Measured adversity is a crucial requirement in the development of kids.

Sounds like you need to set up a dodge ball team at your school.
If they can dodge a wrench they can dodge the ball.
giphy.gif

He is clearly better individually, so maybe not tone it down, just remember to lift the team and bring the other kids into the game.

You can't tell him anything unless you specify that he has to do it cos the other kids are whiney soft utensils. (And buy him a punching bag for after school.)

Maybe explain it in less direct terms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable.

Then they wonder why 20 somethings are collapsing as nervous wrecks because life is to hard for them.

You see we can agree on things.

He is clearly better individually, so maybe not tone it down, just remember to lift the team and bring the other kids into the game.
Mate it's gotten to the point he has to pass for 5 goals before he goes for one.
At his local AFL club he isn't allowed to kick a goal until he get one for his teammate. Once he's kicked 2-3 in a quarter he's forbidden to kick another. At one point last year he was only allowed to kick on his left but then another parent complained that was condescending. Seriously can't win. Had a few dads query why he's playing in his age group.

I'm sure he's an early developer and other will catch up so why not let him enjoy being one of the better players.

Don't kids play British Bulldog or Murderball any more?
God no. NO tackle of any kind! Ever.

Ok back to the magnificent specimen that is Majak!!

* me!

We used to play games against grades that were 2-3 years above us. At this stage it was like comparing 12 yo to 15 yo’s, but it would be a full field of keepings off at lunch time. You got anywhere near anyone else it was time to take them out or punch on. Fair to say I played as an inside mid and lockdown defender later on. Those lunchtimes bred competition and aggression. Perfect for footy. I’ll be teaching my son that’s the way to play sports

Mate it's gotten to the point he has to pass for 5 goals before he goes for one.
At his local AFL club he isn't allowed to kick a goal until he get one for his teammate. Once he's kicked 2-3 in a quarter he's forbidden to kick another. At one point last year he was only allowed to kick on his left but then another parent complained that was condescending. Seriously can't win. Had a few dads query why he's playing in his age group.

I'm sure he's an early developer and other will catch up so why not let him enjoy being one of the better players.

Ummm, any chance you can let Brady know about him then hide him away?

Unbelievable.

This is spot on. Its a real shock to the system when they realise that the real world isn't like school. As a boss they're constantly harrassing you for 'feedback'. Yet its really only positive feedback they want because they sure as sh** can't cope with any negative feedback about their poor or mediocre performance.

This is spot on. Its a real shock to the system when they realise that the real world isn't like school. As a boss they're constantly harrassing you for 'feedback'. Yet its really only positive feedback they want because they sure as sh** can't cope with any negative feedback about their poor or mediocre performance.

Amen brother.

You let your son play soccer? WTF?

The question is, did you play 100 for NMFC? If not, you should be slapping yourself.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back