Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

It was excellent.

Majak was previously a little on the too "affable" side, and Nick has not really been seriously physically tested as far as I am aware, and I have watched him as much as anyone who posts here.

There's no more time for bullshit at Arden Street.
I think operating as the main men with no Brown and Tarrant on the ground helped both immensely.

Will be one of the most inspirational moments in football history when he steps out to play in round 1. The definition of a fairytale. Cannot wait
and if they're still doing that introduce each player buy number ascending thing, well there he is at number 1.

Will be one of the most inspirational moments in football history when he steps out to play in round 1. The definition of a fairytale. Cannot wait
He will join the other great tale; and let this one continue onto a healthy forever after as a person, Dad and player.... and with a Flag as icing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, Maj looks different. That boyish smile seems to have gone and we now have a serious, focused, determined and strong Maj!
He probably still has a bit of a way to go and his tank may need some time but gee, I think he will make us all proud this year.

The hypes, emotions and superlatives aside, let's narrow his role. Don't ask him to think too much, let him act on instinct and let's put his greatest asset to use, which is his vertical leap in close confines and in play terms, last line of defense to either smack the ball away or out mark opponents. He also needs to throw his body around and let the opposition feel some pain. Rhyce Shaw captures our imagination as he is bringing back the old north in style. If we cant win the ball, we hurt the ball carrier.

The hypes, emotions and superlatives aside, let's narrow his role. Don't ask him to think too much, let him act on instinct and let's put his greatest asset to use, which is his vertical leap in close confines and in play terms, last line of defense to either smack the ball away or out mark opponents. He also needs to throw his body around and let the opposition feel some pain. Rhyce Shaw captures our imagination as he is bringing back the old north in style. If we cant win the ball, we hurt the ball carrier.

Let’s all be realistic here. Majak’s major focus is to get through this game unscathed. Nothing more, nothing less. Fingers crossed, he doesn’t get hurt - never mind hurting the opposition. I’m quite prepared to wait a few weeks before placing that expectation on him. Having said that, I’ll be roaring him on every step of the way. Maybe, he can hurt the opposition by picking up Bonar and throwing him at the Dogs!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let’s all be realistic here. Majak’s major focus is to get through this game unscathed. Nothing more, nothing less. Fingers crossed, he doesn’t get hurt - never mind hurting the opposition. I’m quite prepared to wait a few weeks before placing that expectation on him. Having said that, I’ll be roaring him on every step of the way. Maybe, he can hurt the opposition by picking up Bonar and throwing him at the Dogs!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Using his head again?

It is honestly an astonishing turnaround from where he was. Has overcome such adversity in short time from a mental and physical standpoint.

An absolute phenomenal human being and a credit to our great football club. If people want to see what current player best epitomises the great NMFC, it is Majak, although Cunners is standing right next to him as a great clubmen.

Last edited:
He needs that game. The more I think about it, playing in our practice matches is more like playing against EDFL thirds so the step up in class can be jarring for someone 12 months outbid the game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back