Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. If Maj has Roughhead covered, I’m calling it now - we’ll win the flag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You heard it here first - NMFC premiers in 2018!

Very cool to see him corralling the backline in the last quarter.

His most mature performance. Punched when it needed to be punched and marked when it needed to be marked

Was one out and never embarrassed

Crucial tackle on Duryea after Higgins & EVW got knocked out

Agree. Some people might want to start eating their words soon. Not mentioning any names but a keyboard warrior who eats baked snake comes to mind.

Best game of his career. Some crucial marks late, but even more encouragingly some footy smart stuff - knock ons, spoils etc.
We have the best defence in the AFL at the moment, and he is becoming a vital part of it.
Who woulda thunk it eh?
I said exactly that in the last quarter. Best by far. Bugger the 6 goal performance. He was immense tonight. So proud of him. Such an unassuming guy, you're just happy he's succeeding finally after so many false starts.

Credit to the list management guys and the coaches for persisting with him.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was solid tonight.

Actually beat roughie in a few contests.

He was smart with his kicking as well, didn’t try to do anything too cute, the majority of the time he kicked long down the line and he was effective.

I think the BIGGEST benefit is, is that he allows Taz and Thomson to zone off and have a bigger impact.

As has been mentioned, crucial and great tackle immediately after Higgins and V-W were knocked out - great that he stood up for us in that torrid passage of play. His athleticism, turn of speed and leap is invaluable in the backline. Fed off a handball in the last quarter instead of trying to do much after being caught last week. Like his progress.

That was set up for the mother of all cluster***s today but Maj passed the test. He was found wanting as a forward at AFL level by the monster defenders like Brian Lake who muscled him under the ball and outsmarted him at every turn. But today, the times he went one-on-one with Roughy, he won every contest. I'm not saying he has arrived, but he's in site of the stadium.

Loved that he was starting to use his body in contests today to hold his ground. There were times whenhe was one on one but still won the contest. Then those marks in the last. People were cheering the big mark in the last. that roar was huge. Those cheers were for maj. Well done majak keep it up

Did awesome today.

The test now is to keep up that intensity and to continue improving his defensive smarts.

Listen to Taz, Thommo, Jmac and Marley and drink in the defender knowledge. Keep improving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in the hoping but not believing camp with Maj, but I do think he ads a dimension of fear to the opposition forwards with his tackling when the ball hits the ground, both the talls and the smalls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back