Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

SirAlex

Cancelled
Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He'd be opened up to this sort of crap

That already happened. I can't remember who it was (it may have been the Lions because I seem to remember him getting called for 3 free kicks in a quarter and I almost slipped into a West Coast final-like coma) against but Maj smashed a player in a fair tackle and they called it a slam. It was not long after the nicnat incident.

It's a complete joke. That is their attribute. Do we start awarding free kicks if a player sprints away and the player chasing pulls up short and tears a hamstring. Same thing in my opinion. We'd get told in juniors that if you get a chance you bury them into the ground. People like Majak are supposed to do that and make them think twice about putting their head over it or going into the fray. Nowadays it's the big guys that are too scared to get in there because they'll get a free kick called against them.

Just quietly- you can still cave someone’s chest in... and take a shortcut through someone’s back with your knee - as long as your eyes are on the ball. Zurhaar knows how to hurt. The only thing he got done for was pushing someone into a fence... which was the fault of Etihad Stadium at the time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Just quietly- you can still cave someone’s chest in... and take a shortcut through someone’s back with your knee - as long as your eyes are on the ball. Zurhaar knows how to hurt. The only thing he got done for was pushing someone into a fence... which was the fault of Etihad Stadium at the time.

Maj has shown in the past that he doesn't really have the Lloyd Bridges in him to get down & nasty.

Maybe now that he has to fight to provide for a family, he will find something to flick the switch, because I have no doubt that he has the physical capability of becoming the AFL version of a Leopard tank.

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
Ummm, any chance you can let Brady know about him then hide him away?
Honestly, he's just quite developed for his age, the rest of the boys will catch up and he'll be just a good footballer.
You let your son play soccer? WTF?
He plays it at lunch time. Kids don't want to play AFL kick to kick with him. But he plays AFL club in the winter. Played an U9's game with his brother when he was 5 and kicked 3 goals.

This is spot on. Its a real shock to the system when they realise that the real world isn't like school. As a boss they're constantly harrassing you for 'feedback'. Yet its really only positive feedback they want because they sure as sh** can't cope with any negative feedback about their poor or mediocre performance.
There is so much truth in this. They all want feedback but only positives. The parents are just as bad.
Every year there is a kid crying when they don't win the best n fairest in my boy's teams. Kids who wouldn't have gotten 1 vote all year actually believed they were a shot against a boy who got 3 votes in every single game of the 15 game season. They go home after 1 touch and daddy and mummy told them they did so well.

I literally gave up coaching my boys because after the game I'd ask opinions on votes and a mum would say
'How about Johnny? He got his first kick today, we should reward him.'
Me: But it went straight to the opposition?' The looks I'd get was like I tortured kids, not gave up my Friday nights training them.
Then a dad would pull me up and say: 'Mate your boy kicked 9 in a 10 min quarter and had 60 possessions, please don't give it to Johnny'

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Maj has shown in the past that he doesn't really have the Lloyd Bridges in him to get down & nasty.

Maybe now that he has to fight to provide for a family, he will find something to flick the switch, because I have no doubt that he has the physical capability of becoming the AFL version of a Leopard tank.

His natural game is all dare and energy. Evidenced in his raw U18 performances and first few years of VFL.

I'll never stop detesting how Scott dismissed Majak's great fend and running goal vs Richmond in a preseason game with "I told him he should've centred to Brad McKenzie".

Majak played somewhat to his strengths under Scott but by God, if it all came together for him to play his natural style under Shaw's "brand" :openmouth:

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His natural game is all dare and energy. Evidenced in his raw U18 performances and first few years of VFL.

I'll never stop detesting how Scott dismissed Majak's great fend and running goal vs Richmond in a preseason game with "I told him he should've centred to Brad McKenzie".

Majak played somewhat to his strengths under Scott but by God, if it all came together for him to play his natural style under Shaw's "brand" :openmouth:
Come to think of it, Brad McKenzie might have been a half decent player under Scamper's "brand".

Yep. I said it.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM

He really was a bellend.

I had a brief chat with Maj today after the intra club.

Said he was feeling it after the hit out but that it felt really good to be playing again and that he felt pretty rusty.

He looked very impressive today so if that's rusty he's going to be a massive inclusion for us this year.

I wasn't an overly tough kid, but gotta say I was a bit of a star at British Bulldogs. Was a bitter day when it got banned at my school.
Wasn't too bad myself - we also played a similar game called brandy. My recall is it was the same or very similar game.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
There was never a ball involved when I played.

Me neither. Full on contact sport.

Then again, we thought shooting each other with air rifles was sport.

From memory British Bulldogs was a tackling game, brandy was played with a tennis ball.
Thats it! Thanks for the clarification. Loved em both. Not many schoolyard games where you could accidentally on purpose hurt someone. I went to a Catholic PS and I think the games appealed to the sadistic streak of some of the nuns.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Taped up tennis ball if you're hard enough.... That sting and slap sound of sweet contact on the bare flesh of the thigh during of a Tassie winter, so good!

Soak it in water. :thumbsu:

Back