Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Just seeing Maj out there and showing a bit of moxy was good enough for me. He got through unscathed. Major win. In truth, as far as last night’s game was concerned he was practically totally ineffective. However, that’s not the point. Maj is back!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep way off, but seeing him out there is a trip.

Walker and Durdin ahead of him, but he gets every chance to work his way back.

He was clearly rusty but I didn’t think
He was that far off. Walker definitely infront of him, but with a month to go before round 1, I don’t think Durdin is a certainty over Daw

He was clearly rusty but I didn’t think
He was that far off. Walker definitely infront of him, but with a month to go before round 1, I don’t think Durdin is a certainty over Daw
I'd say Durdin is ahead right now because Daw should probably be shielded from the intensity (emotional and physical) of round one. If Taz doesn't get back we probably won't have much of a voice but to play all three of Walker, Durdin and Daw though.

Daw is a instinctual player, he plays on instinct, too much of tactic, strategy, role definition and bullshit cramps his style. Ideally when Tarrant is fit takes CHB, Josh walker at fullback release tarrant as counter attack. Daw coming off the bench, stint in the rule to relieve Goldstein, hang opp key forward to release Tarrant, a run on the wing, pinch hit forward.

I'd say Durdin is ahead right now because Daw should probably be shielded from the intensity (emotional and physical) of round one. If Taz doesn't get back we probably won't have much of a voice but to play all three of Walker, Durdin and Daw though.

Walker at full back, durdin chb, daw needs more game time but he should play this free flowing 3rd tall back. He has the asset to be the everywhere man in that pressure is at a minimum and he can use his freak skills to use whenever and wherever.

Good to see him out there amongst the seniors.

Clearly eased himself into the game, by the 4th quarter he was going for the hangers and marks, but his rustiness was holding him back from clunking them. He also ran quite hard by the end to get after the ball on a couple of occasions,won't be long now until he's back in the side full time and into good form.

A miracle in retrospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the nerves got to him a bit and that’s totally understandable. He could have held several marks but double grabbed and spilled them. He has been taking those in the practice matches. Getting that game out of the way is good, I reckon he will be heaps better in the next one.

He will improve as he gets more match fitness for sure

McKay is hopeless too.

Tarrant, Daw, Walker are AFL standard defenders.

I'm fine with that as Pittard plays tall also

Daw is a instinctual player, he plays on instinct, too much of tactic, strategy, role definition and bullshit cramps his style. Ideally when Tarrant is fit takes CHB, Josh walker at fullback release tarrant as counter attack. Daw coming off the bench, stint in the rule to relieve Goldstein, hang opp key forward to release Tarrant, a run on the wing, pinch hit forward.

A bit contradictory here. Initially you say tactics and role definition cramp his style.
Then, go on to say Daw should play in the ruck, on the wing and a bit forward... I dare say these multiple roles would require a bit of at tactics, strategy and role definition.

I think the point of having him back was to keep things simple. So let’s just keep things simple.

Will need a run at it to get back into it for sure, glad he is out there.
Was it just me or was he not leaping anywhere near as high as he used to on the weekend?

A bit contradictory here. Initially you say tactics and role definition cramp his style.
Then, go on to say Daw should play in the ruck, on the wing and a bit forward... I dare say these multiple roles would require a bit of at tactics, strategy and role definition.

I think the point of having him back was to keep things simple. So let’s just keep things simple.

I'm the opposite, I think you can play all those positions, and he does, without getting overly heavy on strategy, positioning etc. In fact I think we should be taking advantage of him more as a swingman once he gets his mojo back.

Keep the messaging simple and he will be perfectly fine as he has the physical tools to play any of these positions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back