Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

I got it banned at my school. A month in traction in hospital with a snapped femur didn't go down too well.
But hey, you should have seen the other guy....:cool:
Burying a trident in that kids chest probably crossed the line a bit.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Burying a trident in that kids chest probably crossed the line a bit.
he he. he was a big maori kid so no chance of that !
I was in a pub years later when this big maori fulla with tatts everywhere came up to me and said " sorry about your leg bro "
he was still pretty upset about it ! wasn't his fault . just a freaky accident
anyway it was character building and i did return to playing rugby and never had another serious injury apart from getting knocked out with a late tackle playing the police team. Filthy buggers that they were

desie

Club Legend
Mar 15, 2004
Gumnut Cottage
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Arsenal, GWS Giants
Soak it in water. :thumbsu:
Yep, provided the added visual of the droplets flying through the air as the ball zeroed in on its target and a real 'thwack' when it hit. It was always highly amusing comparing who had the most interesting lumps and red marks at close of play.

Slight regional variation, it was known as 'brandings' in Sydney.

From memory British Bulldogs was a tackling game, brandy was played with a tennis ball.

Maybe where you grew up, we played it on occasion with a cricket ball.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Yep, provided the added visual of the droplets flying through the air as the ball zeroed in on its target and a real 'thwack' when it hit. It was always highly amusing comparing who had the most interesting lumps and red marks at close of play.

And in Canberra. Some 'beaut' round bruises on the back of thighs.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Definitely bigger welts when you wet the old slower, hairier tennis balles.

This is spot on. Its a real shock to the system when they realise that the real world isn't like school. As a boss they're constantly harrassing you for 'feedback'. Yet its really only positive feedback they want because they sure as sh** can't cope with any negative feedback about their poor or mediocre performance.

... and as for the bosses, spare me - speaking as one.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There was never a ball involved when I played.
Me neither. Full on contact sport.

Then again, we thought shooting each other with air rifles was sport.
Don't know what game you were playing but there is no ball in British Bulldogs.

Ehh blame Simon Madden. Rather than a whole bunch of us running through and avoiding getting picked off, he made us go one on one to learn how to evade with the ball in hand and utilize a fend off.
This was circa 1997 if I recall.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Most likely not ready rd one, as he played for the "possibles" against the "probables", but he is tracking well and apparently his second half was very good last week.

Saints just adjusted their gameplan to: bomb it long.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Most likely not ready rd one, as he played for the "possibles" against the "probables", but he is tracking well and apparently his second half was very good last week.

Can’t really understand this. Is he less ready than late last year when he was going to play AFL? I mean he’s done a full pre season since.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can’t really understand this. Is he less ready than late last year when he was going to play AFL? I mean he’s done a full pre season since.

He did take quite a tumble from memory, it is more to do with that word again , "confidence". It's a long season and and am sure he'll be in sooner than later.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He did take quite a tumble from memory, it is more to do with that word again , "confidence". It's a long season and and am sure he'll be in sooner than later.

Sure. I understand what he’s been through. But I just can’t see how he was right to go 6 months ago, but now after his first ever pre season, he’s not ready?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

So then Marley is currently not on the Rnd 1 side then?

Back