Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the one where Maj shouldn't have even been in the contest, cause every other North defender let the GoDees players run in unattended, yeah that was so much Lazier than handing the ball to the opposition, you need to take your blinkers off but I doubt you can now as some hate to be proven wrong to the point that they quote the guy that didn't see the whole game.

Are you Majaks mum?

You must have been taking a piss when Jetta stripped the ball off Daw then got on the end of the resulting string of handballs to walk in to a goal.

But yeah, Majak good, Luke terrible. Your eyes are painted on.
This is where irrationality takes hold: that play happened right in front of me, and Daw, amid three Melbourne players, did well to get a finger tip on a handball that was going to be a certain goal; the ball bounced away and before Daw could get it under control, Melbourne managed to knock it to Lewis' advantage - the ball was never 'stripped', and you just happen to avoid mentioning that Daw saved a certain goal to begin with

Go back and have a look at the replay - it's in the AFL highlights package

If you're going to pot a bloke, at least tell the whole of the story, rather than just the bit that suits

This is where irrationality takes hold: that play happened right in front of me,

Did it happen in the same spot where you saw B. King dominate as a forward?

and Daw, amid three Melbourne players, did well to get a finger tip on a handball that was going to be a certain goal; the ball bounced away and before Daw could get it under control, Melbourne managed to knock it to Lewis' advantage - the ball was never 'stripped', and you just happen to avoid mentioning that Daw saved a certain goal to begin with

Rubbish.

1) He was definitely stripped of possession. Although I can't post it here as the club never puts together highlight packages of his blunders.
2) The boundary was 3 feet in front of him and he still couldn't kill the ball.

The bloke has no actual defensive mindset whatsoever.

Played a decent encouraging game. At times exceptional at times left wanting. Unfortunately he had 21 teammates running at 100% DE and playing perfect games so it's only fair his mistakes are singled out...

Either the coaches are persisting with him because he's a refugee....

..or because he's a very good ruckman who appears able to at least play understudy at either end, is athletically and physically gifted, has a good attitude and can kick and mark as well as any big bloke on his day.

Nah must be the refugee thing.. :rolleyes:

I agree: if tarrant's fit, I'd have him at CHB, Maj at FB, and leave thomson in the back six, which allows us to push either Macmillan or McDonald onto a wing, dropping either Hrovat or Turner. When Goldy (or preuss) is resting, Maj can do the relief - he's a better option than either Waite or Brown
Daw needs to be isolated as the extra. Like q1. He can do some damage in that role. But Teams will try and take him to the square for one on ones which will worry him. Fb wont suit him at all.

Daw needs to be isolated as the extra. Like q1. He can do some damage in that role. But Teams will try and take him to the square for one on ones which will worry him. Fb wont suit him at all.

It's impossible to be isolated when the opposition coach decides to put someone on you, then clears out everyone else, which is ultimately what will happen every time he plays. This experiment lasted effectively 15 minutes.

Rubbish.

1) He was definitely stripped of possession. Although I can't post it here as the club never puts together highlight packages of his blunders.

I think I've acknowledged the point about B. King - his brother towelling up our other key backs was just as good

And don't worry about the club posting a package - as I've already said, it's on the AFL reel; be sure to count the number of Melbourne players that Daw is having to defend against

And while you're counting up facts, add these to the list:

M. Daw: marks - equal second

M. Daw: contested marks - numero uno

M. Daw: 1% - numero uno

M. Daw: tackles - numero due

But then facts probably don't matter - prejudice is it's own reality

Majak was pretty good yesterday all things considered. When we were going well his presence was very positive but when under the pump his deficiencies were obvious, like pretty much everyone else in the defensive group.

Rubbish.

Gee give the guy a break would you he played well if all the team put his effort in yesterday it would have been differant ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've acknowledged the point about B. King - his brother towelling up our other key backs was just as good

And don't worry about the club posting a package - as I've already said, it's on the AFL reel; be sure to count the number of Melbourne players that Daw is having to defend against

And while you're counting up facts, add these to the list:

M. Daw: marks - equal second

M. Daw: contested marks - numero uno

M. Daw: 1% - numero uno

M. Daw: tackles - numero due

But then facts probably don't matter - prejudice is it's own reality

Here's the first figure I calculate when evaluating a defender -

Opposition goal assists: 4

Majak was pretty good yesterday all things considered. When we were going well his presence was very positive but when under the pump his deficiencies were obvious, like pretty much everyone else in the defensive group.

Give me your honest yes/no answer here Tron.

Would you play Majak in our backline if you were picking the team?

Give me your honest yes/no answer here Tron.

Would you play Majak in our backline if you were picking the team?
No.

Taz and Thompson first as KPD's, EVW and Wright as the mediums/multi-roles, JMac as the sweeper and Williams as the lock down small.

If this experiment has started 4 years ago with a strong midfield in front of him the yeah, it might have been a goer, but now it will be like most of his career, flashes of brilliance intermingled with average to poor fundamentals.

No.

Taz and Thompson first as KPD's, EVW and Wright as the mediums/multi-roles, JMac as the sweeper and Williams as the lock down small.

If this experiment has started 4 years ago with a strong midfield in front of him the yeah, it might have been a goer, but now it will be like most of his career, flashes of brilliance intermingled with average to poor fundamentals.

Thank you Tron. My faith in your footy nous remains undiminished.

Would you also consider that we would be better served giving the defence opportunities afforded to Majak to McKay & Nielsen instead?

Thank you Tron. My faith in your footy nous remains undiminished.

Would you also consider that we would be better served giving the defence opportunities afforded to Majak to McKay & Nielsen instead?
Yes.

The footy department wants to win games. Simple as that. Right now they see Maj as being more capable of having a positive impact on the team in that respect, especially against a smaller forward line where they could try play him loose. There will come a point this year where McKay and Nielson will get priority and then we will know that the footy dept have put the cue in the rack for 2018.

Yes.

The footy department wants to win games. Simple as that. Right now they see Maj as being more capable of having a positive impact on the team in that respect, especially against a smaller forward line where they could try play him loose. There will come a point this year where McKay and Nielson will get priority and then we will know that the footy dept have put the cue in the rack for 2018.

Faith 100% retained.

was impressed with Majak's game today, it was a solid effort with a few big grabs, plenty of tackles and a truck full of 1%ers, he may have made a mistake or two but was anything Majak did today as lazy or bad as LMc's handball, seriously LMc cost us a first round pick I expect a hell of a lot more than that.

To be fair, I don’t think he really wanted the advantage - kind of went to stop - but the umpire kept calling him on... Took a ripping mark a bit later to help atone.

In saying that, I don’t think he’s played to level he or others would like this far his year.

Yeah some interesting opinions regarding Maj and club thought processes for 2018 and beyond, putting aside the arrogant and blind hatred of ever being wrong posts.

The truth is BS wants Maj in the side, he is a believer, another curly one Thompson only made the list in 2018 by the skin of his teeth, not so sure we'll see him in a struggling outfit in 2019. Actually I am pretty sure....

Nielson has been delisted once during the season and has not set the world on fire in 2018, also no certainty to be at North in 2019. How's Durds going, " zero intensity"...

So that leaves B Mac with one game under his belt and a soon to be 30 year old Tarrant.

I still believe he's a ruck/fwd and I ponder how much better he could be in a better side. Imagine him playing against us up fwd with how little pressure we apply to the ball carrier and how loose our defense is. Crickey he'd have some *en highlights then.

No.

Im not sure thompson is a kpd anymore. He was a good intercept third tall defender a few yrs back.

You must have been taking a piss when Jetta stripped the ball off Daw then got on the end of the resulting string of handballs to walk in to a goal.

But yeah, Majak good, Luke terrible. Your eyes are painted on.

so basically 4 north defenders leave their players loose, Maj almost clears it him self, but the amount of players against him win out?

maybe get your blinkers off!

maj isnt the greatest player, and he has had very bad games, some good games, and some ok games.
i dont know what you expect from a guy plaing his first game as a kdp? maybe your expectations of him are unrealistic?

he was not the issue yesterday.
jmac, lmac, rat and goldy were the main reason we didnt get close.

Im not sure thompson is a kpd anymore. He was a good intercept third tall defender a few yrs back.
A few years back he was destroying KPD'S and providing rebound. Right now it would be nice to have him as a 3rd tall but we clearly don't see our young KPDs as ready to replace him. It also gives us the chance to get games into EVW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back