Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why has it taken so long? Seriously this question needs to be asked why and Im sure it was thrown up as a suggestion years ago.
Him playing down back opens up areas for other players to excell , hello Scooter.

It was a Captain Obvious move - every young key forward who struggles with leading patterns is sent to defence to follow around experienced campaigners to learn how they go about it. Our coach is just one of those slow learners. The light bulb moment should have been two years ago when Aliir Aliir was playing so well in defence for Sydney. Hey look Brad, big, strong African bloke, new to the game, playing well in defence. Don't we have someone like that?

Daw is playing quite well atm. Sure he made some mistakes but every player in the league makes mistakes. I am just enjoying seeing the team playing a good style of football ang Majak is contributing to it. Will it last who knows but lets enjoy it while we can.

I didn't see most of the game as I had a gig last night. The patches I did watch Maj was shocking - two terrible clangers. Really heartened to read most think he had a good game. I will watch the replay later and get a better idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't see most of the game as I had a gig last night. The patches I did watch Maj was shocking - two terrible clangers. Really heartened to read most think he had a good game. I will watch the replay later and get a better idea.

Mate, just watch the replay. The double standards applied to this bloke are so far off the charts that they are currently orbiting alpha centauri.

He's not a defenders a-hole. Period. Was on track for the worst game in history until Brad stuck him in the ruck half way through the second quarter, then he looked like a serviceable player. That's it.

Excellent in the air. Some fantastic spoils. Liking it.
His decision making about when to spoil and when to mark was good last night I thought. Just didn't quite hold on to his marks except for that ripper vs Kreuzer. That holding the ball was really his team mates fault. Someone should have told him he was hot, junior footy stuff. I was really concerned he would upset the structure of our backline but it actually seems to be functioning well. Frees Scooter up to play small and create out of defence. Worth persisting with for the moment

Mate, just watch the replay. The double standards applied to this bloke are so far off the charts that they are currently orbiting alpha centauri.

He's not a defenders a-hole. Period. Was on track for the worst game in history until Brad stuck him in the ruck half way through the second quarter, then he looked like a serviceable player. That's it.

Double standards appear to go both ways.

His decision making about when to spoil and when to mark was good last night I thought. Just didn't quite hold on to his marks except for that ripper vs Kreuzer. That holding the ball was really his team mates fault. Someone should have told him he was hot, junior footy stuff. I was really concerned he would upset the structure of our backline but it actually seems to be functioning well. Frees Scooter up to play small and create out of defence. Worth persisting with for the moment

He takes at least half the blame for that HTB. The other half goes to the fact that he never should have had the ball in the first place except that someone missed an easy target by foot, putting another team mate under extreme pressure in the last line of defence, and Maj was the first back there to help out. But still, he needs to learn that the fend off and run is not the sort of lairising that you can indulge in deep in defensive 50.

He takes at least half the blame for that HTB. The other half goes to the fact that he never should have had the ball in the first place except that someone missed an easy target by foot, putting another team mate under extreme pressure in the last line of defence, and Maj was the first back there to help out. But still, he needs to learn that the fend off and run is not the sort of lairising that you can indulge in deep in defensive 50.
Yes, good point. Hopefully he will learn from that.

Really hard to take anything away from that game. Its good that he is doing the things he was brought in for reasonably well. (Crashing packs and big spoils.) But lets see what happens against a functioning forward line.

If he can make this work he could become a real offensive weapon off the backline. It adds a different dynamic to bringing the ball out of the backline and may be effective for us in ending the way teams lock the ball in their forward line. Despite what Snake is saying there is real value in this experiment. But you couldn't say it works yet and the real tests are yet to come.

If it does work it will change plenty of games in our favour.

Another encouraging effort from Maj in conditions that he is not well suited to.

He is developing into a nice tall utility player but they key will be over the next couple of weeks when the opposition improves.

His centre bounce work (timing of leap and tap work) is sublime - I am not sure why we don't use him more in there.

Was ok, no need to repeat what others have stated, it though is clear to me that we are trying to make him into a powerful running line breaker who can also use his speed to impact a contest and have opposition fwds feeling very nervous when they camp under a high ball. I thought he complimented the others very nicely.

Also he makes our ruck combination the best in the league. Fancy having Goldy/Pruess as first choice then spelling either with Daw?

The game is about entertainment and he certainly does that, Brad likes Maj and he will continue with this, so gunna be fairly pointless coming into this thread and flinging s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back