Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's
I thought Daw was significantly better against Melbourne to be honest. Looked quite lacklustre to me against Carlton.

I was concerned with how he'd handle the conditions, still played like it was dry, dropped at least 6 marks he'd normally have taken. He did though seem to miss an opportunity for some second efforts. I rated him ok for the night and think that was fair.

Genuine question - do you think Majak has brought anything positive to the table in his games vs Melbourne and Carlton?
So just looking at the Stats Pro, he appears to be elite among KPDs for tackles, spoils, rebound 50s, contested marks, intercept marks, K/HB ratio and contested possession rate (the latter two would be right up Snake_Baker's alley I would have thought) . But only 2 games and the marking stats in particular are skewed by one outrageous quarter vs the GoDees.

Rebound 50s I wouldn't put too much stock in; the eye test says he's not particularly useful at that so far, and KPDs in general have low numbers. TBH he could probably be better off dishing off a handball more often too. 3.5 turnovers per game is sub-par for 10 possessions. I reckon his spoiling efforts in general have been notably good, even though it's largely 3rd man up. It will be interesting if he keeps playing how the intercept numbers keep up. I would say he's doing what the coaches ask him to at this point, and at the same time I have no issue with him continuing to work on his craft in the VFL if they need to get Wrighty or Hibberd into the team, or one of the other big guys starts banging the door down.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Benchmarking

Disposals 9.5 Below Avg
Kicks 7.5 Average
Handballs 2 Below Avg
Marks 4.5 Below Avg
Tackles 4 Elite
Goals 0
Elite tackle.

Well I never...

So just looking at the Stats Pro, he appears to be elite among KPDs for tackles, spoils, rebound 50s, contested marks, intercept marks, K/HB ratio and contested possession rate (the latter two would be right up Snake_Baker's alley I would have thought) . But only 2 games and the marking stats in particular are skewed by one outrageous quarter vs the GoDees.

Rebound 50s I wouldn't put too much stock in; the eye test says he's not particularly useful at that so far, and KPDs in general have low numbers. TBH he could probably be better off dishing off a handball more often too. 3.5 turnovers per game is sub-par for 10 possessions. I reckon his spoiling efforts in general have been notably good, even though it's largely 3rd man up. It will be interesting if he keeps playing how the intercept numbers keep up. I would say he's doing what the coaches ask him to at this point, and at the same time I have no issue with him continuing to work on his craft in the VFL if they need to get Wrighty or Hibberd into the team, or one of the other big guys starts banging the door down.

I think the K/HB ratio fails the eye test for mine at least. I do feel like more often than not he just bangs it from an intercept mark, back from whence it came

Case in point the weekend - great intercept mark, long down the line, intercepted by Carlton and kicked back long in Daw's direction where he proceeded to mark it again

The spoils are elite though

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He is starting to remind me of Ross Glendinning, but a little better with his ability to also play in the ruck. He's to football what the Swiss army knife is to utensils. Very ****en handy:D
I reckon he's a hybrid cross of Glendinning/Jakovich/Lever/Natanui/Lever/Gary Dempsey but with bigger biceps and more community engagement.....What a prospect we have on our hands!....Onwards and upwards Rooboys....

kaboom kid

Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think Clarkson is smart enough to try and isolate O'Brien deep if Maj gets him

Don't think they'll allow him to just wander around the backline this week. Carlton's forwards were genuine piss
You can only beat who's placed in front of you....Levi is an elite mark and Maj handed him his a*se on a plate.. This whole isolate him on a small forward thing isn't checkmate in my opinion. There's no reason he can't swap with another player in that eventuality.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
giphy.gif

never get tired of watching this, 2nd only to the cunners gut punch to vince,

love how baldy lewis jumps up to remonstrate only the crap himself again when he realises its maj!

Yes, in switching up in the ruck.

Defensively, the negatives easily outweigh the positives. A side like Hawthorn will absolutely feast on this.

He is significantly more worthy to the side as a forward/ruckman switch hitter, but can we afford this given the current limitations of our midfield? See, the thing is this, put Majak in the GWS side and he becomes a very dangerous switch hitter, because they have the strength to absorb his deficiencies.

Your GWS point is very well made, SB. You may well get to say “I told you so” to us “Majites” this weekend. On the other hand, If Daw can step up in a game where Clarkson is pulling the strings, his stocks will seriously rise. As a true believer in Daw’s X factor qualities, I’m approaching this game very nervously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Your GWS point is very well made, SB. You may well get to say “I told you so” to us “Majites” this weekend.

Mate, I have already "told you so", metaphorically speaking, and was bang on the money with Majak.

On the other hand, If Daw can step up in a game where Clarkson is pulling the strings, his stocks will seriously rise. As a true believer in Daw’s X factor qualities, I’m approaching this game very nervously.

He's a 27 year old that has been at the club for 9-10 years!!!!!

Mason Wood didn't arrive until 4 years later and there are people already putting a line through him!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
giphy.gif

love how baldy lewis jumps up to remonstrate only the crap himself again when he realises its maj!

It makes me sad that this wasn't the two of them running straight into each other. Lewis may have ended up in the 3rd level of the members stand.

kaboom kid

Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Your GWS point is very well made, SB. You may well get to say “I told you so” to us “Majites” this weekend. On the other hand, If Daw can step up in a game where Clarkson is pulling the strings, his stocks will seriously rise. As a true believer in Daw’s X factor qualities, I’m approaching this game very nervously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, this week represents the real acid test for Maj.....Hawthorns forward line are fast and skilful plus they get silver service from their rampant mids....If Maj manages to pass this one with flying colours surely we should to be pencilling him in for AA selection?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
giphy.gif

Needs Sicily this week.

Then Hooker later in the year.

The Trifecta for 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back