1. Mitch Brown (2007 - 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

"But I want to start winning as a club and pushing forward for our fourth premiership.

"I really want that. I'm getting to the stage of my career, I'm only 26, but it's my ninth year and I really want to get something out of my career other than my individual stuff."

Almost word for word what Ben Cousins said in around 2004 or 2005.

Mitch gave an interview to The Outersanctum https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/outer-sanctum/id1094232209?mt=2

Gave the story of the end of his career at the Eagles which was interesting. Was basically told he wasn't going to get a contract, so when Super Netball started, his wife turned down a contract with the Fever so they could go East for Mitch to try to get on a list. She signed with Collingwood, then the Eagles told Mitch they had decided to give him a contract. He had to tell them they had moved, and he needed to explore options. Was told he could take his time, and the contract was there if he wanted. He didn't get offers from other clubs, and had decided he would do the season apart from his wife thing, and take the Eagles contract. Then the Sam Mitchell thing blew up, and he got a call late in the piece saying they had to pull the offer.

Mitch would have been an Eagle 2017 had he signed when they first offered it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back