1. Mitch Brown (2007 - 2016)

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
ROUND 14 PRE-GAME:

Although a few posters on the board have talked about there being no need to Mitch to play against the Suns, the match committee has decided to keep our tradition defensive structure which allows Glass to float around dominating everyone like a school bully who's taken too much cocaine at lunch.

The Suns have named 3 players over 190cm in their forward 3rd but one of them, Jarrad Brennan, isn't really a powerful tall. That leaves Charlie Dixon and Sam Day, who were named in the forward line, and Zac Smith, a ruckman/forward, who was named on the bench.

You would think that MacKenzie would take the best tall, which is Day, and then Brown would get the other (Dixon) with a sprinkling of Smith, when he rests forward. Luckily for Brown, Dixons form has been "at trend" for a 13 game player, which means it would be a miracle if he kicked more than his career high 2 goals in one game. Look for Dixon to kick no more than 1 goal and collect no more than 11 touches in this game.

Likewise, Zac Smith hasn't been in goal kicking form this year with just 3 goals in 10 games, so don't expect him to bob up and trouble Brown when in the forward line (You wouldn't think he'd trouble Cox and Nait either).

All this boils down to is the following - if Brown gets beaten by his direct opponent, start to worry about our KPD stocks and plan crazy arse trades on bigfooty involving Mitch.

FACTS YOU WISH YOU WEREN'T ABOUT TO LEARN:

1. This will be the first time Mitch plays against the Suns.
2. Mitch has also been named at full back for Collingwood this weekend.
3. After last week surpassing Scott Waters, Scott Cummings, David Haynes and Ben McKinley on the all time games list for the Eagles, Brown will overtake Adrian Barich this weekend to move into outright 83rd spot.
4. 0.69% of Dream Team coaches have Mitch in their side.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
AFL ROUND 14:

Stats:
14 Disposals (4k, 10HB), 4 Marks, 2 Tackles, 2FF, 1FA, 93% DE, 93% TOG (Subbed in the 3rd quarter).

A season high in disposals, handballs, tackles, free kicks for and time on ground.

James says:

Mitch played his best game of the season against the Suns. Okay, it was just the Suns but unlike round 13, Brown played with a lot of intent, which was great to see.

He defended well again, although you'd expect that considering the opposition, and he found more of the ball but he was happy to hand it off to smalls who could run and do some kicking.

You can't really complain with that result from Brown, it's not like we needed him to be an offensive cog, so he did what he needed to.

The good news is you can see the confidence is coming back and I'm sure soon enough he'll remember that he's a decent and start trusting himself to drive the ball up the ground.

He lead the team with 9 1 percenters.

Worsfold says:
Probably nothing. I know more than Woosha anyway.

Bigfooty says:
A few jokers are saying he was horrible but they have no clue. Most people are now of the opinion that he's great to have as a tall defender just outside the 22.

Fantasy prospects:
51 DT points.

Another season high.

Rating:
7/10.

He did basically everything he had to do very well but he loses marks because he didn't influence the game and because it was just the Suns.

The bottom line:
Same usual, he's waiting for Schofield to be declared fit, to be dropped.

There is a rumour around, however, that MacKenzie is having some ankle issues which means that perhaps Brown could stay in, depending on the scan results and whether the match committee think MacKenzie needs a rest.

The luxury that Brown provides us is that we don't have to stress and play Schofield or MacKenzie with slight injuries. God bless him.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Making way for Will Schofield in the Eagles round 15 team meant that Mitch didn't play a game of football on the weekend, since the Sharks had a bye in the WAFL.

He's been named on the extended bench for West Coasts game against Sydney and is probably being considered against first year forward Fraser McInnes.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Is that the sponsership that gives you the badge thing? I will be happy to sponser Mitch!

I'm not really sure what this badge is but you don't get anything for sponsoring a player.

If you're interested in sponsoring Mitch though, feel free. You can post stuff in this thread, go around talking him up and edit your signature to pay respect to the great man.

Whatever you like really - you have my total permission.

It's nice to see that Mitch's popularity reaches to other clubs supporters too. :thumbsu:

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
You know that like oval thing with the name and the year ? It'd say BROWN 12 in blue and gold probably.

Never mind I'll edit my sig for the brownies Nath and Mitch later!

Edit: WOO loving my new sig.

WCFaithful

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Hope he kicks 5 and shuts half our supporters up permanently. Then the other half can be like well **** me, I was wrong.
Id love to say I was wrong, after all he's an eagles player and I'm an eagles supporter but so far...
Prove me wrong Mitch I welcome it

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Oh, I think those things are more official than what we're doing here.

Great signature, by the way.

How is it that you came to like the Browns so much? Are they family friends?

Okay no worries.
Nah, nothing like that. Collingwood are my second team so I noticed Nathan a lot, then Mitch played for a team I respected so I just really followed their careers and wish them the best, and being female I don't watch footy for the men but I can't help having favorites. I don't know what I'd do if one of them played for Norf though.

I'm bummed that this is a WCE home game so I can't meet him. Will be excited for the ANZ game vs Col though.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
ROUND 16 PRE-GAME:

Our tall forward stocks have become as bare as Mark Robinson's head recently, with Kennedy and Lycett injured and Lynch suspended for a week. The irony of it is that Brown, a player drafted as a forward, has been in great form in the WAFL and serviceable at AFL level. Unfortunately, Mitch is clearly no longer a forward, but it almost feels like a sin to leave him in the WAFL when we're so short of talls and he's doing so well at the lower level.

So what does Browns selection mean? Will we play him forward and hope he does a capable job despite what we saw in round 7? Or do we play him in defence and throw someone like Schofield forward? Perhaps we take 4 key defenders into this game to combat Goodes, LRT, Reid, and Everitt? All will be revealed tomorrow and, if expected, Mitch doesn't find himself in the forward line at any stage, I think it would safe to forget about him as a forward option forever.

FACTS YOU WISH YOU WEREN'T ABOUT TO LEARN:

1. Despite bursting onto the scene against Sydney, statistically, Mitch has struggled against the Swans more than any other team.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I just got reminded of my sponsorship duties and I thought that since Brown played his last game for 2012 today I should at least write a little bit.

Of course, he played in the losing side of today's WAFL grand final where he collected 11 possessions. I didn't attend the game but general vibe on bigfooty is that Brown was solid, which is something you could rely on all season.

I really hope he took Tom Lee because Tom stats are way down and it would be a nice feather in the cap for Mitch.

byebyexenxen

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Return the Wings Donor WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 2, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I just got reminded of my sponsorship duties and I thought that since Brown played his last game for 2012 today I should at least write a little bit.

Of course, he played in the losing side of today's WAFL grand final where he collected 11 possessions. I didn't attend the game but general vibe on bigfooty is that Brown was solid, which is something you could rely on all season.

I really hope he took Tom Lee because Tom stats are way down and it would be a nice feather in the cap for Mitch.
He did well on Chad Jones.

byebyexenxen

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Return the Wings Donor WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 2, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I am a fan of Mitch Brown on and off the field. His closeness with his twin brother shows his personality. He doesn't seem to let that twin rivalry get the better of him.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
As probably one of the best KPD not getting a regular AFL game, Mitch is being chased by St. Kilda, who seem desperate for a good tall defender. Brown, however, is not likely to leave West Coast.

ST KILDA will make a bid for Gold Coast’s Josh Caddy and West Coast defender Mitch Brown in an effort to turn loss into gain.

With star free agent Brendon Goddard quitting the club for Essendon and promising youngster Jamie Cripps seeking a trade to West Coast, the Saints have identified Brown and Caddy as the players they want.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/st-kildas-turn-to-go-shopping-20121002-26xgg.html#ixzz289UXKYzD

Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
As probably one of the best KPD not getting a regular AFL game, Mitch is being chased by St. Kilda, who seem desperate for a good tall defender. Brown, however, is not likely to leave West Coast.

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/st-kildas-turn-to-go-shopping-20121002-26xgg.html#ixzz289UXKYzD
It's good to see he's sought after. I would say his true value is probably about pick 20-25 maybe even less but i wouldn't happily trade him for anything less than st kilda's pick 13(presuming that's what they get for goddard). He is just too important to our future team after glass retires and for our current depth.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Official player sponser next year Jimmy? I'd like to see BROWN 12 BROWN 12 under my username!

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I think there will be a draft next year to see which poster gets which player and I doubt I'll end up with Mitch again unless I get a good pick.

I think you should try enter that draft and see if you can get him though. That's providing the mods will let an opposition supporter enter it.

Thanks for all your interest thing year, by the way. I'm glad to see a passionate Mitch fan around.

Back