1. Mitch Brown (2007 - 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rewatched a few games with a close eye on Beast.
Seems to have several strong attributes.

1. Iron Fist of Justice
Beast's fist is blessed by the heavens, and his fist shall never fail in the spoiling attempt if he is close enough.

2. Ability to create space...for teammates
Beast's large girth allows him to block and sheppard exceptionally well against foes that would attack his loyal servants.

3. Ties up his opponent
Numerous marking contests where he'll wrestle with his opponent and keep him busy while another player can go 3rd man up.

4. Can play big or small
When he was on Dalhaus, Beast could keep up with him and since Dahlaus does not have Beast's size, he was swallowed whole.

5. Boots of Travel
Beast has been blessed greatly with amazing physical capabilities. Including having very good speed for a big man. Showed plenty of toe against the Bulldogs.

Round 7 of AFL: Beast solid in trying conditions

Stats:
4 Kicks
6 Handballs
2 Marks
1 FF
1 FA

Remi's Synopsis

Was a tough one for all footballers, slippery and wet. Doesn't help when you're the size of Beast and you're over 190 centimeters. Nothing special from Beast, just playing his role solidly in defense. Hard to judge his game considering just how slippery and wet it was with a lot of close in work and many players struggling to handle the ball. He contributed in the effort of the Eagles winning, and looks to have solidified himself in the Eagles lineup for now.

Beast unlucky to get dropped for Round 8

Despite solid performances for West Coast, Brown has been left out of the team, for of all people...Adam Selwood. Naturally all Beast fans are absolutely filthy, and they have a right to be. Very stiff to be left out of the team, but I'm sure that Beast will find some way of clawing his way back into seniors.

Beast likely to return to his lair for round 9

With a strong showing in the WAFL and with the injury to Schofield, it is highly likely that Beast will be the one to slot into his position against a young GWS.

Round 9 of AFL: Beast Up FWD?

Stats:
7 Kicks
1 Handballs
6 Marks
1 Tackle
1 FF
2 Behinds

Remi's Synopsis

Was always going to be easy against GWS. As a result, Woosha decided to put the Beast forward, and it almost worked. Unfortunately finding himself in the FWD line, Beast was a bit of a fish out of water. Managed to mark strongly and had 4 shots on goal, unfortunately his kicking boots had run off and he scored 0.2 off 4 shots. On the positives, he did manage to have 4 shots on goal, but Beast would have to look at improving that goalkicking to become more like the legendary Hunter.

Positive signs that he was able to have four shots at goal. He didn't really play forward either - he only drifted down at times. If he can build on that, I think he belongs in the 22.

Positive signs that he was able to have four shots at goal. He didn't really play forward either - he only drifted down at times. If he can build on that, I think he belongs in the 22.

Absolutely mate. If he can drift forward a few times, kick a goal or two, or even present a strong marking target inside 50/lead up fwd, he'll be good to go.

Round 11 of AFL: Beast vs. Saints

Stats:
5 Kicks
8 Handballs
3 Marks
1 Tackle

Remi's Synopsis

It was always going to be a toughie for Beast. E-mac and Beast would be the ones mainly to come up against St. Nick, the unstoppable running machine. Needless to say, both E-mac and Beast did excellent to contain St. Nick as much as possible, forcing him to get most of his possessions up the ground. Beast also did a solid job on Maister who he also played on for parts of the game.

Most impressive was Beast's kick off the deck sailing 70m towards the Eagles goal.

Round 13 of AFL: Roughhead too nimble for Beast
Stats:
16 Handballs
2 Marks
2 Tackle
1 Free Against

Remi's Synopsis

Was always going to be a tough night at the office for the backline of the Eagles. With Butler somehow left in the team, it made the backline lacking a bit of pace. Adding to the problem was the two headed monster of Roughhead and Franklin, Beast was in for a long night. He battled hard and was desperate in the game, and tried his heart out. Missed a few marks but his work rate was good, working hard especially in the first half to get back on defense and help out the beleaguered Eagles defense, diving for the ball and attacking the ball with a confidence that's now starting to really show. Beast has really started to put it all together, and although he got torched tonight, he can take away PLENTY of positives. Would be extremely unlucky if he gets dropped for Schofield when a certain Butler should be dropped instead.

Round 14: Druggies vs the Beast
Stats:
5 Kicks
6 Handballs
3 Marks
3 Tackle
1 Free For

Remi's Synopsis

It's taken some time for this review to come, due to sheer depression over that loss. Nonetheless the Beas cannot be neglected. Unfortunately for the Beast, it wasn't his best showing. He was fumbly at times and lost his feet too often, and those are things he needs to work on. On the plus side, he showed plenty of desperation and heart in defense, and defensively is doing a very solid job on opposition forwards. Look for the Beast to bounce back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 16: Derby!!!

Stats:
2 Kicks
4 Handballs
3 Marks
5 Tackle
1 Free For
1 Free Against

Remi's Synopsis

Pressure was the testament of Beast's game today. Whenever he was near the ball, he tackled hard and blocked well for teammates. Was unlucky to get pinged late against Mayne 1 on 1 in the goalsquare, and had a few mistakes (kicking to Darling in a 2v1 and a fumble in the 2nd or 3rd quarter). However Beast came out strong and desperate, showcasing his trademark pressure as he put immense amounts of pressure on the Fremantle players. To silence the critics, he showcased his toughness in going low and hard, ending in copping a nasty knock from Pavlich, but Beast got up and kept on trucking. Also showed excellent spoiling ability and gave nothing easy to the forwards he played against. Beast has improved as the year has gone on, and Remi sincerely hopes he sticks around for time to come as his best is still ahead of him.

Despite what others are saying, I think he had a good game.

The mistakes he made were the kinds of mistakes that will disappear with a little more continuity, IMO.

To be honest he didnt make many mistakes. And the ones he did, he also did plenty of good stuff. A lot of off the ball blocking, holding back his man, his pressure+tackling. It's the ones that are big such as the Mayne one in the square and one when his opponent got out the back for a goal. I'm not trying to spice up Beast in that synopsis, I genuinely believe he played very solid.

Round 17: Rivalry vs Swans continues

Stats:
5 Kicks
9 Handballs
4 Marks

Remi's Synopsis

Miserable day at the office for Beast. Eagles got torched in every single area of the game, and while some might nitpick at Brown's mistakes, I feel that someone called Schofield had FAR more mistakes and far more serious ones at that. Brown continues to do well defensively, but it's when the ball hits the deck that I get rather worried. However considering this is the first time he's played such a huge amount of 1st grade football in such a long time, I think in time he'll become more calm and less 'panicky' persay.

Round 18: Grant munches on Beast

Stats:
7 Kicks
5 Handballs
3 Marks
1 Tackle
1 Free For

Remi's Synopsis

Not the best matchup for Beast. Grant is tall, skinny as a twig but also quick. Beast is also quick and nimble, but I felt the matchup wasn't the best, as Beast prefers to wrestle with big gorilla forwards than compete in leading contests against quick players. Needless to say, Beast did his best but the WCE defense was chopped up by poor errors and fumbles and nothing, not even Beast could save WCE from their finals chances being completely destroyed.

Beast got dropped against the GCS.
Dunno what to say, resigns a 3 year contract and immediately makes way for Glass.
Whatever Match Committee, also dropped Morton who I thought hasn't been too shabby past few games.
Then again MC is known for dumbass calls such as playing Shuey even when he had a tight hamstring, bringing in absolute scrubs such as Adam Selwood and gifting players too many damn games.

Just venting a little since I feel like Brown has gotten the short end of the stick.

Round 19: Beast shrugs off early-dropping

Stats:
4 Kicks
7 Handballs
4 Marks
2 Tackle
1 Free Against

Remi's Synopsis

After my post above where I vented, it appears that it worked as Priddis popped something pre-game and Browny went in to play again. Beast played solidly again as always, doing his job against his direct opponent. Beast is also slowly starting to work out of the mould of a pure lockdown defender, by showing a bit of spread nowadays to receive the ball, all elements of him continuing to gain that much needed confidence at the highest level to become the super extreme guardian defender we all know he can be.

Round 19: Beast DOMINATES as Eagles smash the Drug...Dons!

Stats:
7 Kicks
7 Handballs
4 Marks
2 Tackle

Remi's Synopsis

In easily his BEST game for the season, the BEAST was out in full force against the Dons, and he brought his fists of JUSTICE. Numerous times Beast would come in with a saving mark, or a fist that saved the eagles and defended the forays of the Dons. Time and time again he was there, always with his man and always putting pressure on the opponents. Also laid a nice hard tackle on some hapless Don, driving him to the dirt in a tackle that he needed to stick.

Although news of Glass resigning may prove a hint of 'danger' within the Beast's camp, nonetherless with continued performances of this from Beasty, we may see him stamp his authority on the Eagles backline as he has done all season, and permanently stick his Tarzan-esque body as the no.1/2 backman with Big Easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back