Player Watch #1: Nick Vlastuin

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kid doesn't know the meaning of fear. Crunched a couple of times last night he just continually put his body on the line.
I was one of many that thought he needed to play in the midfield but seeing what he brings to the backline I've completely changed my mind on that.

I bloody love this guy, just watching them bomb it forward before realising floss was in the way and everything was under control. Just amazing how he can win all those contests and never makes a mistake, coming to look like a steal at pick 9

He's not even the sixth best.
A half-fit Prestia at the start of the season was providing more in the midfield than Vlastuin.
Lambert has established himself in there, Caddy will get more time in there with Townsend in the side (and once we get another key forward next season) and Miles is a better midfielder than Vlastuin, ditto for Grigg, who spends time there.
Vlastuin is best suited at HB and it would be a gross error putting him back there. His form in the last few weeks has more than proven that his position should not have been tampered with. He could barely get his hands on the ball as a midfielder.

Sorry do you say half fit?? I thought he was injured and possibly wont ever recover??

gimp!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back