Player Watch #1: Nick Vlastuin

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno about that

Who plays in vlastuins spot for the premiership? ellis (branden / corey..), grigg? sounds like trouble

unless its a NicNat rucks are overrated. Nank has shown an average workhouse can break even on his day, even Soldo

The only reason that isn’t true is because it would change our draft and trading history from 2012, as well as where we finished each season.

Grundy is a top 5-10 player in the game, and with him in 2017 (if you did a direct swap of a Vlas and Grundy at the start of the year) we would of had 3 of them in Dusty, Rance and Grundy.

We still would of had a hell of backline with Rance, Grimes, Astbury, Houli, Broad etc...

Interestingly I wanted Brodie Grundy big time in that draft and I don't shy away from that. However if you take someone of the ilk of Vlastuin instead it is hard to argue with the club. One premiership later and hopefully another couple in the future, well what can I say?
You and me both but agree with all of your sentiments.
I actually had Vlastuin going to us and thought he could fill a big inside mid role for us.but when Grundy slipped i thought it a no brainer that we take him and still do.Many i know ilooked at Grundy as the best tall in the draft and i reckon it has panned out that way.

What a star. He's so consistent and capable. He makes the hard look everyday. And the very hard look a bit complicated. And the extraordinarily difficult look a bit hard. People overlook him because it just isn't that hard, until about 99% of AFL players try to do what he does.

Yesterdays game locked him in to be the next captain IMO.
I wouldnt be surprised if its next year. It could depend on what happens this year in September.

How does our club deiced whos captain?
Player vote then board decides?
I think it might be Grimes.

lots of Vlas love

and why not

he earns it , true blue collar footballer , rolls his sleeves up and gets down and dirty

puts his body on the line so often , not many (if any) cheap stats on his sheet

to the games I do go to you can feel the love the supporters have for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lots of Vlas love

and why not

he earns it , true blue collar footballer , rolls his sleeves up and gets down and dirty

puts his body on the line so often , not many (if any) cheap stats on his sheet

to the games I do go to you can feel the love the supporters have for him

see the thing for me is i saw him as a blue collar footballer also...

but he simply isnt, he makes the extraordinary look routine and his skills are sublime

he is an elite talent

I remember when he was drafted and we were criticized for choosing a vanilla flanker. The guy is a colossus and a captain in waiting. Have taken special interest in him and all the Northern knights guys and makes me happier they’ve been a huge part of our resurgence

I remember when he was drafted and we were criticized for choosing a vanilla flanker. The guy is a colossus and a captain in waiting. Have taken special interest in him and all the Northern knights guys and makes me happier they’ve been a huge part of our resurgence

Wasn't drafted as a flanker. Was drafted as a midfielder.

Superstar. Totally and utterly underrated by anyone outside of the club and the club's members.

Absolutely. He is our most composed player in the back half, ball in hand. Always takes the right option. Great above his head, courageous, hard at it, terrific character and an all round fantastic footballer.

Wasn't drafted as a flanker. Was drafted as a midfielder.
Maybe it was because he was played off HB from debut, but the gripes were loud about a high pick just being another flanker. Same as the noise was for Ellis.

Just a s**t player who isn’t in the best 40. Could end up as s**t as Grimes or even shitter than Rance.

Nick Vlastuin is the perfect age (25) & is now at the peak of his powers, Cotchin has struggled with injuries a lot this year he has been captain for a long time.

Regardless of what happens in 2019, I think he should step down obviously it will be he's decision no doubt but he has left his mark as captain.

Nick Vlastuin is the perfect age (25) & is now at the peak of his powers, Cotchin has struggled with injuries a lot this year he has been captain for a long time.

Regardless of what happens in 2019, I think he should step down obviously it will be he's decision no doubt but he has left his mark as captain.

Maybe Cotchin will play more years of footy without the burden of being captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back