Autopsy 1 point Heart stopper against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Noticed Gulden was trying to hit targets with shortish type kicks which weren't working in the wet conditions. Something to learn & improve moving forward.

yep and Warner was trying to hit targets in the sky, grandstand , football park, his imagination

All this bull@@@@ about the umpires call that lost Crows the match. But there was a decision 20 metres out from their goal that also nearly lost us the game. Gulden was given a free against for a throw. It was not a throw and the umpire should never have made the call because he was not in a position to see. The vision clearly shows he fisted with the hand. Even if you don't fist the whole hand as long as you do not get open fingers to the ball is ok. He fisted the thumb and first two fingers obviously on the replay. Gerrard was wrong in his interpretation the whole fist must be formed. That is not the case. As long as no open fingers hit the ball it is still a handball. He hit it with thumb and forefinger.

This call was made by the South Australian umpire who could not have seen because Gulden's back was to him. It was a definite HOME TOWN CALL

All this bull@@@@ about the umpires call that lost Crows the match. But there was a decision 20 metres out from their goal that also nearly lost us the game. Gulden was given a free against for a throw. It was not a throw and the umpire should never have made the call because he was not in a position to see. The vision clearly shows he fisted with the hand. Even if you don't fist the whole hand as long as you do not get open fingers to the ball is ok. He fisted the thumb and first two fingers obviously on the replay. Gerrard was wrong in his interpretation the whole fist must be formed. That is not the case. As long as no open fingers hit the ball it is still a handball. He hit it with thumb and forefinger.

This call was made by the South Australian umpire who could not have seen because Gulden's back was to him. It was a definite HOME TOWN CALL

That was Human Error, the goal umpire call was Human Error

They are clearly different, not sure how you don't get it

OMG any hear Buckley's 90% unfair v 10% unfair means Adelaide should get the game......ffs a once rather sensible commentator with an inbuilt Adelaide bias actual verbalises his hometown love regardless of how actually stupid his comment is.

Last edited:
Am flying back to Sydney today and the carryon here in Adelaide is still diabolical- they aren’t letting up. I knew the AFL would punish us with McCartin‘s suspension so as to appease the Adelaide nuts. The thing is, Crows supporters still think we cheated when it was the ump who made the error. From where we were sitting at the game we thought that it was a goal. So surprised when it wasn’t declared that way. I love Adelaide normally, couldn’t wait to leave today.

I wish we kicked up this much of a stink after 2016 maybe things would be different 7yrs later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine that!!
Both teams will run around for the same amount of lapsed game time to simulate fatigue at the same point. Bookies are having a quiet word to Gil to remember which side his bread is buttered on. I have fair dinkum heard it all......The fact is it potentially lost Adelaide the game, did not actually cost them as there was time on the clock. Everyone gets it, but you just have to move on. This sort of thing will mentally damage the Crows going forward as they continue to convince themselves the world is out to get them.

Both teams will run around for the same amount of lapsed game time to simulate fatigue at the same point. Bookies are having a quiet word to Gil to remember which side his bread is buttered on. I have fair dinkum heard it all......The fact is it potentially lost Adelaide the game, did not actually cost them as there was time on the clock. Everyone gets it, but you just have to move on. This sort of thing will mentally damage the Crows going forward as they continue to convince themselves the world is out to get them.

Get the rain dancers out as well gotta simulate the conditions.

I'd be mortified if our Chairman was carrying on the way the Crows bloke is.
i much prefer the giving the bird approach, short, sharp and gets the message across.

Demanding all sorts of things that he knows the AFL can't do (imagine the precedent if they started handing out draft picks and "favourable draws" to compensate for umpiring errors).

There's being rightly seething & then there's being hysterical.
They are going to finish around 13th, they will get a favorable draw, its been earnt.

They are going to finish around 13th, they will get a favorable draw, it’s been earnt.
They could finish 10th subject to other results and the draw for next year won’t be as favourable as finishing in the bottom 6. Which would be reasonable given they only had loss 3 games at home by a combined total of 16 points.

They could finish 10th subject to other results and the draw for next year won’t be as favourable as finishing in the bottom 6. Which would be reasonable given they only had loss 3 games at home by a combined total of 16 points.
They actually lost 4 at home by a total of 48 points - you forgot the early loss to Richmond.

The result against Adelaide was the ultimate karma trifecta.

We collected on the Karma from the Port game earlier in the season.
Adelaide repay the Karma to Port from when Jenkins hit the post in 2018.
Port collected their Karma earlier in the season.

Karmic debts are now settled.

Why stop there? Let's go back to 2005 and that dreadful free kick against Leo in the qf against WC? I've never been so angry in my life, told anyone and everyone who'd listen that that one bad call cost us a flag.
Yes it all ended well a couple of weeks later but doesn't change what a terrible call it was at the time.

haha, yes! i remember that too and it still pisses me off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back